Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 07:28:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Souper Spectacular (half to Zenyatta) goes 3 for 3 on turf  (Read 450 times)
OTB

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »

I happened to be there the day he first tried the turf at Saratoga off two poor dirt starts and he won easily.  Has won 2 more and is finally starting to return some money on the over $1.1 million they paid for him.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2010/november/14/souper-spectacular-half-to-zenyatta-wins-third-straight.aspx
Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »

I'm thinking they should wheel him back for a win in the Citation at Hollywood on 11/27, then send him right back out the next day in the Hollywood Derby since he'll already be on the grounds.

Win both, then demand that he's the Eclipse Champion Turf Male.
dontdoit

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »

He ran pretty well yesterday with a less than ideal trip. It's still debatable just how good he is but at this point he almost has to try stakes company. I know Brian is joking, pretty clever of me, but it's too bad the Hollywood Derby is only two weeks away. It's not like the 3YO turf horses, outside of Paddy O'Prado, are particularly imposing.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »

I'm thinking they should wheel him back for a win in the Citation at Hollywood on 11/27, then send him right back out the next day in the Hollywood Derby since he'll already be on the grounds.

Win both, then demand that he's the Eclipse Champion Turf Male.

Heck, with a resume' like that, he'd be a candidate for HOY.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

He ran pretty well yesterday with a less than ideal trip. It's still debatable just how good he is but at this point he almost has to try stakes company. I know Brian is joking, pretty clever of me, but it's too bad the Hollywood Derby is only two weeks away. It's not like the 3YO turf horses, outside of Paddy O'Prado, are particularly imposing.

Of course it was meant tongue in cheek -- but I was trying to figure out where they could go with a horse like that, and figured that was the only major 3yo grass race left out there for the most part.

But alas, it's two weeks away, because I agree completely about the 3yo turfers....though Yankee Fourtune continues to impress these eyes.
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 02:16:54 PM »

He's a rat   like big sister.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »

He's a rat   like big sister.

so mr mighty mouth know it all.....what BIG NAME horses have YOU owned/raced/trained??   

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: