Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 01:34:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEDFORD WOULD NEVER MAKE IT AS JUST A " CATCH DRIVER "  (Read 5777 times)
Dan Nance

« on: April 05, 2006, 07:03:03 PM »

Let me clue you people in on something. Even if Ledfraud lucks out and can keep his license he will never make it as just a catch driver. That's because he's too " C*OCKY ".

The reason he left the Big M. the first time he was there was because he wasn't getting enough catch drives after the owners and trainers found out he was just a c*ocky little punk who thought he didn't need anyone. So, he went back to Chicago where he could train a big stable and drive only most of his own horses. Then after he put together a large stable because he was batting .400 using that drug he headed back to the Big M. to clean up and get even more suckers to up on his bandwagon.

The 300K he made as a driver last year was made mostly driving for his own owners, not as a full time " catch driver ".     
Report to moderator   Logged
swoodall

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 07:15:02 PM »

Remember Dan back then most of Eric's catch drives were for the kingpin of unidentifiable samples Joe Anderson!  He didn't need talent to drive those horses either.
rpb

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:20:50 PM »

If he drove every day in the Chicago circuit, he would dominate. Name me any other Chicago driver that is better than him? The last few years he has only been a part time driver in Chicago. If he made himself available to catch drive in every race, we would be at the top of the driver's standings.  
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:14 PM »

If he drove every day in the Chicago circuit, he would dominate. Name me any other Chicago driver that is better than him? The last few years he has only been a part time driver in Chicago. If he made himself available to catch drive in every race, we would be at the top of the driver's standings. 

I AGREE
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »

With the absence of Tony, I do believe that EL would lead the Chicago standings.

I still -- however -- think he's a cheater, and I hope we never see him here again.  Not sure if that wish will be granted, however.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
swoodall

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 07:39:56 PM »

Not hard to win when all you have to do is use that patented Joe Anderson pull at the quarter and brush and crush move.  When Eric makes that same move on ordinary horses,  which he has done many times,  they spit the bit before the 7/8's.  He has started to not use the same move with cheap horses from other barns.  Having talent and having crotch rockets are two different driving worlds.  Besides if the evidence they have holds up in court,  this thread is moot.
rpb

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:42:39 PM »

He is only 35, EL will be back in Chicago someday as a catch driver. No more training, strickly driving. Not sure when, within a year.
rpb

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »

Anyone have the stats on EL as a catch driver at the Big M since Jan. 1st ?
thebigm

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 07:46:07 PM »

I believe Eric could be one of the best catch drivers in the game if his head wasn't soooo BIG!!  He is a hell of a driver with a bad attitude!

I sure miss the good 'ol days!!
Heede

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 07:46:59 PM »

Won the HAMBO on a catch drive.
Won the JUG catch drive.
When do you want me to stop.
ONE of the BEST BIG MONEY DRIVERS OUT THERE.

Heede KNOWS THIS FOR SURE
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 07:50:03 PM »

the only reason morgan wins so much here is all the dam paper trainer he has .in the same race he might have 2 or 3 paper puppets how the hell do you beat that.plus the needle he has is 10 feet long  el would have 20% more wins then  the brown and white devil

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 07:50:29 PM »

World Trotting Derby.....catch drive.
Breeders Crown.....Eternal Camnation...catch drive.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 07:56:33 PM »

you cant cheat in the big races whens the last time morgan was in abig race besides icf and where did he finish

Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »

He is only 35, EL will be back in Chicago someday as a catch driver. No more training, strickly driving. Not sure when, within a year.

Oh really? The gestapo through out many top drivers over the years because they were cheats so what makes you think for one minute that they will welcome Eric Ledford back to Chicago with open arms.  

I got news for you, pal. Langley hates cheaters and I'm willing to bet that he will never let Ledfraud back in Chicago. Remember, Chicago tracks are privately owned and they can exclude anybody that they think is an undesirable. If they let Ledford drive or train in Chicago again I will personally walk up and spit in all their faces for all the drivers they through out in the past.
rpb

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 08:01:38 PM »

They let Ron Marsh come back.
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 08:03:04 PM »

Won the HAMBO on a catch drive.
Won the JUG catch drive.
When do you want me to stop.
ONE of the BEST BIG MONEY DRIVERS OUT THERE.

Heede KNOWS THIS FOR SURE

Hey Heede, I never said the punk couldn't drive. Read my post again. I said he will never make it as a FULL TIME catch driver because trainers and owners get tired of his c*ocky I don't need anyone attitude.

To be a FULL TIME catch driver you can't be c*ocky and walk around like you're better then everyone else.

His  " Big Money " driving days may just be over, laddie.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 08:10:44 PM »

They let Ron Marsh come back.

Ron Marsh didn't take down 3 million in purse money doping up horses with illegal drugs. Ron Marsh wasn't aressted and charged with anything. They convicted Ron in the kangaroo court but he always had a lisense in Illinois. They just woudn't let him drive at their tracks for years.

The first thing Ledford will have to worry about is being able to get a license in Illinois before he can even think about driving there again.

HEEDE KNOWS!
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 08:14:56 PM »

marsh try ed to race in Windsor 1 year before the let him back and was denied why?

Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 08:20:19 PM »

marsh try ed to race in Windsor 1 year before the let him back and was denied why?

They told him to straighten his problems out in Chicago first. Until then they wouldn't let him drive there.
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 08:25:24 PM »

i think thats  bull shit because if the man had a licience they should let him drive

Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 08:41:05 PM »

i think thats  bull shit because if the man had a licience they should let him drive

It's also bullshit that Langley told Stalbaum to hit the road but let Morgan stick around. Word has it that Morgan  rat'd out Stalbaum so he was able to stay.

They kicked Aubin out of town because they said he was letting Big Ed. tube his horses. No proof!

thebigm

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »

I always had a funny feeling that Eric had something to do with the training of Eternal Camnation. Is this possible?

I sure miss the good 'ol days!!
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 08:48:44 PM »

and people wonder why i hate the guy i wish somebody would  rat on him

Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 09:16:31 PM »

Ledfraud is also a druggie who has blown the black box not just with horses, but with himself numerous times
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 09:18:19 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree.  You will not see EL back in Chicago as a regular Catch Driver.  He now lives
on the East Coast and there are plenty of tracks to race at in New York, PA and
other nearby states.  Illinois is dead for purse money.  Eric Ledford is NOT Pat Berry.
He is used to making $300,000 per year.  He will not come back to Chicago to
make $125,000.    At first I didn't think that EL would be taking the biggest hit on this
scandal but I do believe they are trying to make a REAL example here and I think
the "Race Fixing" angle is an interesting one.  Let's face it--if he was actually training
the horses, ordering the injections of ARANESP and then Driving (and wagering) on
his horses (or against them) I could certainly see that "race fixing" could stick.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: