Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 10:57:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State your predictions here? Ledford case  (Read 5298 times)
mgriffin

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:24:12 PM »

Everyone, when the dust settles what exactly is going to happen to everyone that has been mentioned in this whole disgusting case involving the Ledfraud Gang? Your predictions.

Who gets jail time if any?
Who loses their licenses?
Who pays fines?
Will we see Eric Ledford ever drive again in NJ?

I say lifetime ban for all of them. It might sound cruel but they knew what they were doing and this sport has to take a better stand than it has in the past. Weed out all the rats and this would be a start.

MG
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:27:21 PM »

Everyone, when the dust settles what exactly is going to happen to everyone that has been mentioned in this whole disgusting case involving the Ledfraud Gang? Your predictions.

Who gets jail time if any?
Who loses their licenses?
Who pays fines?
Will we see Eric Ledford ever drive again in NJ?

I say lifetime ban for all of them. It might sound cruel but they knew what they were doing and this sport has to take a better stand than it has in the past. Weed out all the rats and this would be a start.

MG

Ask Heede, HEEDE KNOWS!!
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:38:42 PM »

Heede, what do you got for us? You are being called out.

MG
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:45:39 PM »

Heede, what do you got for us? You are being called out.

MG

Heede has threats. And a bad golf swing.
Petro

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:52:40 PM »

They are really going to make a statement with Ledford.  I guarantee they will ban him and the Dailey from harness racing for life.  With all the money they have and the best lawyers around, it will cost him a bundle but they will not do any jail time!!!!
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:01:20 PM »

Ledfords never race again in NJ..Do no jail time. This talk about other trainer's horses being at the Ledford's stable is interesting. That could help tie up some loose ends in a race fixing charge. If that is the case, jail time may be in order..Paul, I know you are his friend, did Richie Wojcio do any time for his conviction of conspiracy to fix a race?
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:05:03 PM »

I have NO prediction's at this time. I made my prediction a long time ago when I told everyone that the Ledford's would have their names out on the board in the racing office sooner or later.

All I heard from goofs for months was that I was just jealous of the little cocky liar. Well, tell me what am I jealous of now? That he was arrested in the drivers room like a common criminal? That he's banned from racing and facing some serious charges? That he has humiliated himself and his family?  

mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »

DAN, YOU ARE RIGHT ON WITH THAT. WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE NEXT HORSEMAN THAT WILL GET CAUGHT?

mg
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »

DAN, YOU ARE RIGHT ON WITH THAT. WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE NEXT HORSEMAN THAT WILL GET CAUGHT?

mg

I have no prediction's at this time. I do know one thing it won't be the " Teflon Trainer " Ken Rucker because he has all the angles covered. Everything Rucker has done is carried out by his vets. You will never find him keeping illegal drugs in his house or in anyone's house associated with him. He will never leave needles and syringes laying around in his stable or in his car. When Ken does get a positive he blames it on the groom or on the E.C. or the feed company and he gets away with a slap on the hand. That's what makes Rucker the " Teflon Trainer ".

Was that "Art Maker" Rucker claimed last year at the Big M. that won in 49 parked the 3/4 in 1:21 and then after he was claimed he couldn't beat a fat man to water? I remember that race and many others. You can't tell me for one minute those horses didn't have a Blood Builder in them. But, with no positives because they don't test for the stuff ( and they knew it) and with no possession of the drug they can't touch the " Teflon Trainer ".   
Brian Collier

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 03:46:22 PM »

Was that "Art Maker" Rucker claimed last year at the Big M. that won in 49 parked the 3/4 in 1:21 and then after he was claimed he couldn't beat a fat man to water? I remember that race and many others.

I remember this year when someone claimed Art Maker from Rucker and the race he got claimed he won, the next week he got 5th, and Rucker claimed him back, the next week Art Maker won again. This was against the same horses.
I will say though, the person that claimed him made like $15,000-$20,000 off the claim because they raised the claiming price when Rucker claimed him back.
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 04:06:43 PM »

I   Was that "Art Maker" Rucker claimed last year at the Big M. that won in 49 parked the 3/4 in 1:21 and then after he was claimed he couldn't beat a fat man to water?

I believe the horses name was Activator
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 04:09:01 PM »

I remember this year when someone claimed Art Maker from Rucker and the race he got claimed he won, the next week he got 5th, and Rucker claimed him back, the next week Art Maker won again. This was against the same horses.
I will say though, the person that claimed him made like $15,000-$20,000 off the claim because they raised the claiming price when Rucker claimed him back.

I think Art Maker was the horse last year that Rucker claimed and turned into a monster. I can remember shaking my head as I watched this horse get rimmed to the 3/4 in 121 and then he still kicked in and won going away in 49. In all my years as a trainer and watching races I told my friends sitting with me I never saw a horse go such a mile and still win.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 04:09:54 PM »

I believe the horses name was Activator

That's the one. Where's he at these days.
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »

As I stated on another thread Ledford will pass all blame down to the Dayleys, Eric and seldon will end up with somthing just for trainers responsability (they have Eric recorded doing all the training) But the Dayleys will go down the toilet!
moni.maker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 04:25:43 PM »

My prediction

Look for NJRC to use this one as a HUGE lesson to all of the trainers.  Both Ledfords get lifetime ban, 33% chance of jail time.
FreeLegged

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

Look for NJRC to use this one as a HUGE lesson to all of the trainers.  Both Ledfords get lifetime ban

I agree. Lifetime ban. But no jail time. And I believe there will be more people going down, the vet's computers will not lie.
Heede

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »

Here is my prediction.

the hearing with the NJ racing Commision did not go that badly for Eric.
Eric's attorney seems to think the proof is not there. No positive tests.
Eric will drive in 2 weeks.

Heede is guessing
emp

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 05:56:33 PM »

Here is my prediction.

Heede is guessing

Nothing personal Heede but......

HEEDE DON'T KNOW JACK!
[/color]
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 06:01:28 PM »

Ledford goes on vacation for one year.

I think this is first "big" offense.

Don't know for sure?

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 06:02:52 PM »

I'll make one prediction; nobody is going to serve a single day in jail over this incident.  I’ll guarantee it.

I honestly believe that if Ledford and Daily just got up and left New Jersey ignoring the criminal complaint against them, criminally they could not do a thing because this is a non-extraditable offense.  They would never be able to go back to Jersey but I don't believe they could ever extraditable them.  

As far as the New Jersey Racing Commission goes, I think they will throw the book at them and one thing you guys need to remember is that no matter what happens in Criminal Court, the NJRC will do whatever they want to do with Ledford because that is Civil Law and an entirely different set of rules apply. In Civil Court, only a preponderance of evidence is necessary to uphold the decision of the NJRC.

Ask yourselves this; do you actually believe the state does not have enough evidence to tip the scales ever so slightly in their favor?  Think about it, Ledford on film training the horses at the farm, a dead horse with the possibility Aransep being the causation, and many vials of Aransep found during the search of the suspects.  My criminal law professor always says this; if you throw enough shit on the wall, sooner or later some of it will stick, meaning the state has quite a bit of circumstantial evidence, but it is overwhelming. These are just some of the facts and I'm sure there are more.  Sorry to say but civilly, it is my opinion that Ledford is screwed and will be given a lifetime ban by the NJRC, but return in a year or two.  

Criminally, all parties will walk away unscathed.  Just my opinion and I do hope that Ledford/Daily get fair hearings and/or trials.  Let both sides present their evidence and may justice be served.

People have asked my opinion about this and I do not have one on the matter.  The only thing I’ll say is that nobody will be going to jail anytime soon over this episode.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »

i think the make an example off him and his crew .its got to stop some time. i think hes  [w]ed

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
bettor2belucky

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »

I agree with Heede....Eric gets slap on the wrist ..Dailey(Ryan) who pointed at papa Ledford as the guy who told him what to use(which is consistant with the theory that Seldon is the real trainer)The vet gets his license pulled(big deal he's 68 and his career is basically over ,just has to get his mil. back)   .....remember Monte Gelrod is eligible to return in 1/2007  Chansky gets banned for life in NJ but serves no time.....so where does that leave  the Ledfords?.....no evidence of loaded horses...no tapes of transactions of drugs(except for a invoice from the vet saying the Aranesp was to ship to Crete) no proof that it was shipped or used....possession is the only crime here folks...IMO

Bettor

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,is a government big enough to take away everything you have."  Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the President I can afford better." Barack Hussein Obama
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 06:16:15 PM »

i think the make an example off him and his crew .its got to stop some time. i think hes  [w]ed

Pain:

I agree that this group is screwed with the NJRC.  However, in a criminal court they will all walk right out the door, unscathed.  That will piss off the NJRC so they will throw the book at the whole crew, much like the IRB does back here when they don’t like somebody.  Nobody should get a lifetime ban, in my opinion, unless of course you are someone like the Johnston's who are supposed to set examples.  In that case, the Johnston's should be barred for life and their race dates taken away.  We need to keep the sport clean and cannot have track owner’s horses testing positive.  When that happens, how can there be any regulation when people like the Johnston's are allowed access to the tracks when they drug their own horses?  If that does not constitute "calling into question the honesty and integrity of harness racing," what does?  Very sad.

Best regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:23:07 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 06:17:43 PM »

Here is my prediction.

Heede is guessing

You or nobody else has a clue what kind of evidence the feds have on them. They didn't take 18 months to investigate to walk away losers.

I predict Eric will be offered a slight deal if he gives up what he knows about Rucker.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 06:20:34 PM »

You've watched too many Law & Orders.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: