Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 20, 2014, 01:52:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: sorry if I left out anyone's favorite
Caton Bredar - 4 (26.7%)
Jill Byrne - 2 (13.3%)
Janine Edwards - 6 (40%)
Cristina Olivares - 3 (20%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BC reporter who did the best job  (Read 1600 times)
NYRA 792

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:15:24 PM »

vote early
Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:23:19 PM »

vote early

Why are you taking away journalstuff's job?
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »

He seems a little behind in his work so I thought I would help him  out a bit. I would never try to steal his thunder.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »

Jessica Pacheco was the best and she was not even there!
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »

well i would like to say christina olivares did better.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:41 AM »

i know huh. how did u get the poll thing?
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 02:51:37 PM »

I'm sorry there are no knowledgeable women reporters in horse racing or football. They need to stick to the weather.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »

Hands down it was Janine Edwards.....When she asked Ann Moss how she felt the moment Zenyatta came up just short......Mrs Moss was a lot friendlier than I would have been for her asking such a completely thoughtless and moronic question........Do these idiots think of these questions all by themselves?

SHOWTIME!!!
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:44:23 PM »

Hands down it was Janine Edwards.....When she asked Ann Moss how she felt the moment Zenyatta came up just short......Mrs Moss was a lot friendlier than I would have been for her asking such a completely thoughtless and moronic question........Do these idiots think of these questions all by themselves?

Right on.  That was a stupid question at the time, what was she supposed to say?  A better question would have been asking her what this loss does for chances at HOY and her career as a whole.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »

I hate to say it, but woman to woman questions like that are always lose lose situation. 

Only works if ONE of them can outclass the other without rancor in any form.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 11:41:16 PM »

I'm sorry there are no knowledgeable women reporters in horse racing or football. They need to stick to the weather.
what the hell would you no chaffed Buttocks

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
gocubsgo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »

Janine knows how dumb the question sounds, but she was able to get an answer to the question that we were all wondering ourselves.  She got the reaction straight from the horse (owner)'s mouth.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 08:04:30 AM »

Janine knows how dumb the question sounds, but she was able to get an answer to the question that we were all wondering ourselves.  She got the reaction straight from the horse (owner)'s mouth.

You (sitting in your living room or wherever you watched the race from) were "wondering" how an owner felt who's horse just had a gut wrenching defeat that kept her from retiring 20 for 20......Did you think she felt "elated" or did you think it was the best moment of her life?......I cant believe there is anyone in the entire world who didnt already know how she felt......She felt sick to her stomach like she wanted to throw up......She was in total shock and devastated......I can't believe how she felt at that time was a "mystery" to you or anyone else......and if you truly were "wondering" how she felt.....I'm sure you were alone with your thoughts......change the "we" in your answer to I

SHOWTIME!!!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »

You (sitting in your living room or wherever you watched the race from) were "wondering" how an owner felt who's horse just had a gut wrenching defeat that kept her from retiring 20 for 20......Did you think she felt "elated" or did you think it was the best moment of her life?......I cant believe there is anyone in the entire world who didnt already know how she felt......She felt sick to her stomach like she wanted to throw up......She was in total shock and devastated......I can't believe how she felt at that time was a "mystery" to you or anyone else......and if you truly were "wondering" how she felt.....I'm sure you were alone with your thoughts......change the "we" in your answer to I

I totally agree. The question is stupid when reporters put it to people on the street whose house has just burned down or relative just got killed, and it was stupid in this case. It seems to be a stock question for reporters unable to think of anything more intelligent to ask.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 02:47:30 PM »

I totally agree. The question is stupid when reporters put it to people on the street whose house has just burned down or relative just got killed, and it was stupid in this case. It seems to be a stock question for reporters unable to think of anything more intelligent to ask.

they ask those 'standard questions' because ....."inquiring minds want to know'.....and they are right 95% of the time.....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 03:08:50 PM »

14  total votes thus has far exceeded my expectations.   thumbs up
I was only expecting around 5.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:10:22 PM by NYRA 792 » Report to moderator   Logged
gocubsgo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »

they ask those 'standard questions' because ....."inquiring minds want to know'.....and they are right 95% of the time.....

Agreed.  Their job is to get the pertinent reaction.  She couldn't ask what they were going to do with Zenyatta after the race, because it wasn't pertinent at the time.  No problem with the question.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 03:15:45 PM »

Agreed.  Their job is to get the pertinent reaction.  She couldn't ask what they were going to do with Zenyatta after the race, because it wasn't pertinent at the time.  No problem with the question.

It's just so meaningless and stupid.

What do they expect, that some day someone is going to say, "I really don't care that the cops killed my baby boy. He was a no-good slimeball", or "Good riddance. I hated that house and all my possessions anyhow"? We all know ahead of time how they feel. Playing peeping tom to someone else's misery seems like tasteless journalism.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

I found the question a huge problem.   Too harsh for the time.  It would have been nice to hear her say she knew how devastating the loss was but somethimg like..."What a horse!  Coming from to far back and almost winning!  I am sure every horse racing fan is with me in being happy she came out of the race safe and sound."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »

OOPS, sorry for the convaluted sentence and I didn't even spell check it.  Sheesh.  Well, you all know (sort of, I hope) what I mean.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »

OOPS, sorry for the convaluted sentence and I didn't even spell check it.  Sheesh.  Well, you all know (sort of, I hope) what I mean.

It was clear. Anyone who really did have a prurient interest in "how she felt" could judge it from her reactions on camera. It wasn't necessary to ask the question. (Though, I guess I could see specifically asking if you're doing radio. Were they?)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 04:34:46 PM »

It was clear. Anyone who really did have a prurient interest in "how she felt" could judge it from her reactions on camera. It wasn't necessary to ask the question. (Though, I guess I could see specifically asking if you're doing radio. Were they?)

Well, she could have been asked "Since your horse was really the best horse in the race, who blew the race the most:  Smith or your trainer?" 

Or "Now don't you wish you had retired her last year!"

Or "Looks like she is off to the breeding shed.  Who is the lucky stud?"

Now you have some different questions.  I should have been a racing reporter.
SandyLoam

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

Jeremy Schaap was awful all weekend. he was asking those kinds of questions after every race. I think later on the Saturday card the director was feeding him questions. He was obviously clueless about the game. And I wondered, is there any sport Schaap has a clue on? His sing-song grates on me.

Don't know what Jeanine is supposed to ask. How can Mrs. Moss give any kind of analysis at that point? At that point, it boils down to the trust Mrs. Moss has in Edwards. The only alternative I can think of would be to say to Mrs. Moss "That was something historic!" and wait for a response.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 10:14:12 PM »

Jeremy Schaap was awful all weekend. he was asking those kinds of questions after every race. I think later on the Saturday card the director was feeding him questions. He was obviously clueless about the game. And I wondered, is there any sport Schaap has a clue on? His sing-song grates on me.

Don't know what Jeanine is supposed to ask. How can Mrs. Moss give any kind of analysis at that point? At that point, it boils down to the trust Mrs. Moss has in Edwards. The only alternative I can think of would be to say to Mrs. Moss "That was something historic!" and wait for a response.

I'm not a fan of essayists and Schaap fancies himself as one.  You are dead on that he has no clue about horse racing.

The constant pieces by Bill Nack to stop as well.

ESPN/ABC showed how little it and Nack care about horse racing when a pre-recorded piece went on the air at the Kentucky Derby that called Stewart Elliot...Elliot Stewart.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: