Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 05:34:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOY  (Read 4035 times)
NIATROSS

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »

come on trossie, then it's fair to say that zen's win last yr on cali poly at SA on a track she has raced over for 3 yrs is like the chargers winning the super bowl in their home stadium....there is always going to be a 'home track' advantage to some horse in some race....but....why didn't they ship her a week earlier and put her last prep work in over the churchill dirt???  i would have, wouldn't you? especially with a horse who has never been on that track....and btw, blame's 'home base' is keeneland.....not churchill...

No doubt Z had the advantage last yr as the BC was in CA over the poly.
Chargers ? LOLOLOLOLOL Myabe some other team but nota team coached by Norv Turner.
They knew she could handle the CD by her works back in 09.Why risk going over earlier ?
Blame shows 1 race at Keeneland while Z works at her home at Hol and multiple times at each CA track.
Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »

I went back and looked at the works for Blame.
I found

1 @CD
2 @SAR
14 @ KEE

looks like a KEE based horse to me

Using the same logic Z was a Hollywood based horse who showed NO works over the SA  track last year. Looks like a Hollywood based horse to me
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »

bang head bang head bang head

WOW, WHAT  A *** I AM !

hmm......now that you mention it.... maroon   kidding, trossie  heart

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »

Best campaign?  What the hell does that mean?  I thought it was horse of the year not best campaign of the year.  I had no problem with RA winning nor would I have had a problem with Zenyatta winning it.  However, if Gio Ponti had won the Classic I think he should have won it.

it's both...it's given to horse the voters decide that had the best overall CAMPAIGN during the year....it's horse awards 101, otb.....you know this....and if gio would have won the classic,....his overall campaign did not outshine RA's so he would not have won hoty reguardless...but it would have made for a closer vote as he did win the arlington million....why do you thin curlin won it in 2008 while running 4th in the classic? because of his campaign.....he won multiple gr 1's , won the DWC and placed 2nd in a gr 1 on grass to a bcup grass winner....sadly, this yr comes down to the b cup being ah uge part of the hoty discussion and voting...i prefer it when it doesn't really have to matter....like when volponi won....lol

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »

it's both...it's given to horse the voters decide that had the best overall CAMPAIGN during the year....it's horse awards 101, otb.....you know this....and if gio would have won the classic,....his overall campaign did not outshine RA's so he would not have won hoty reguardless...but it would have made for a closer vote as he did win the arlington million....why do you thin curlin won it in 2008 while running 4th in the classic? because of his campaign.....he won multiple gr 1's , won the DWC and placed 2nd in a gr 1 on grass to a bcup grass winner....sadly, this yr comes down to the b cup being ah uge part of the hoty discussion and voting...i prefer it when it doesn't really have to matter....like when volponi won....lol

This year it DID come down to the BC classic as the big 4 all had great years and this was the first time they faced each other.  The only other horse who had a great HOY type season was Blind Luck.

That's why I give it to Blame.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »

This year it DID come down to the BC classic as the big 4 all had great years and this was the first time they faced each other.  The only other horse who had a great HOY type season was Blind Luck.

That's why I give it to Blame.

Oh i agree.....it is going to matter this year.....

Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

Goldikova

Please don't argue with me.  I'm right.  No other horse is as deserving as she is. 
Horse Voice

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2010, 04:53:16 PM »

Goldikova

Please don't argue with me.  I'm right.  No other horse is as deserving as she is. 

I won't argue with you. Doesn't mean I'm sold on the idea, though.

Make your case. Compare and contrast to the other HOY candidates.

You haven't earned enough credibility here to just say "no other horse is as deserving", and have it pass as accepted fact. Even Donald Trump explains his decisions, and I'll guarantee you that he is in charge of WAY more than you.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »

Goldikova

I won't argue with you.  You are just wrong.  Always and forever. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »

I won't argue with you.  You are just wrong.  Always and forever. 
Who want to argue with the BTW token A hole?Huh?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »

Zenyatta is going to win it, and all Zenyatta fans will have their consolation prize. It's really not worth getting upset about.

Now, what's REALLY important is that Z did not surpass the Pepper's Pride record. PP is, and will always be, the first horse to 19-0. Z is merely a jenny-come-lately.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2010, 11:18:41 PM »

19-0 trumps 19-1  trophy
BC2010

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2010, 08:10:22 AM »

This is what the Breeders Cup was designed for. To decide year end Honors on the Track. ( Last year Rachel didn't race so that made the debate that much more difficult) Blame deserves it this year.

I have watched all 20 of Zenyatta's races, and her only defeat was her best race IMO
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010, 09:04:22 AM »

This is what the Breeders Cup was designed for. To decide year end Honors on the Track. ( Last year Rachel didn't race so that made the debate that much more difficult) Blame deserves it this year.

I have watched all 20 of Zenyatta's races, and her only defeat was her best race IMO

I have to disagree.....that's what it has BECOME most of the time....it was designed to be a day of great racing and to showcase the best horses....there are MANY b cup race winners who got yr end awards based on that ONE race.....not exactly fair to the horses who danced every dance all yr and didn't run in, or fire in, their b cup race....

BC2010

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:27 AM »

I have to disagree.....that's what it has BECOME most of the time....it was designed to be a day of great racing and to showcase the best horses....there are MANY b cup race winners who got yr end awards based on that ONE race.....not exactly fair to the horses who danced every dance all yr and didn't run in, or fire in, their b cup race....
if that is the case then why isn't it run in August? No this was designed to be the biggest day of racing to bring all the horses together AT YEAR'S END, to decide championships. And I for one, Love it. As a fan, and a gambler, it is the best day of racing by far!!!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »

if that is the case then why isn't it run in August? No this was designed to be the biggest day of racing to bring all the horses together AT YEAR'S END, to decide championships. And I for one, Love it. As a fan, and a gambler, it is the best day of racing by far!!!

and it is great when it is NEEDED to decide championships.....but when some longshot with just 2 wins lifetime wins the ladies classic for example.....and the leading contender in the say, 3 yr old filly div got shut off, or didn't enter, it's not right to give that longshot an eclipse award imho....

BC2010

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »

and it is great when it is NEEDED to decide championships.....but when some longshot with just 2 wins lifetime wins the ladies classic for example.....and the leading contender in the say, 3 yr old filly div got shut off, or didn't enter, it's not right to give that longshot an eclipse award imho....
I agree, but when has that happened? Vale Of York was not named 2 year old champion last year was he?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:27:01 AM by BC2010 » Report to moderator   Logged
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:16 AM »

You are correct as it's the one day where most of the top horses from each category face each other.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

Doesn't even have to be a longshot. Case in point, Tiznow after his 2nd BC Classic win in 2001. No soup for him.

Or, longshot Volponi in 2002.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

2001 was that the year Point Given was HOTY and he didn't even run in the BC Classic?
Oh the humanity!
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2010, 03:29:48 PM »

2001 was that the year Point Given was HOTY and he didn't even run in the BC Classic?
Oh the humanity!

He had the best year....sorry you missed it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: