Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 04:29:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine that bird  (Read 2410 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »

How many allowance races do they run there with the conditions of non-winners since X?  Mine That Bird is a five-time winner, he is out of conditions.  His choices are stakes races or claimers.

Or money allowances, the n$y kind.
Report to moderator   Logged
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »

He had many opportunities to seek softer spots along the way this year, despite what Lukas alluded to.  Imo, we saw the greed of the owners who insisted upon this horse running at the top of the heap every trip instead.  I have worked in a few sheds with the same type of owners, and we all ended up the same way-hot, tired, and pissed.  Wondering where the next big payday was coming from, and never listening to the horse.
  Running them over their heads does bad things.....
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »

exactly, he might miss his old trainer, dont forget, wolley was limping around, and his horse was winning the derby. there may have been an emotional almost pet like relationship between the two. and while that was bad from a racing point of view as a business, i would like to see MTB run again, perfect drift was always turned out for the winter, he too is a gelding, he raced till 9, and made almost 6 million dollars. no reason MTB, cannot return next spring, just hope it is with wolley...would be nice to see them both together in the winners circle. or maybe he is just done...

what do you do with a derby winning five year old gelding ?

someone with some horse sense buys him, and races him again.

Certified Derbytologist
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »

I caught an interview with D. Wayne on the radio and he said the horse was sound but was a head case. Now I've never much respected Lukas as a trainer, but he has to know something.
We've got the answer --- turn him out for a while, give him back to Woolley and enter him in an overnight handicap at San Juan Downs.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

You do all realize Wooley only had this horse for two races before the Triple Crown.  He's not the one who developed him, David Cotey trained him when he was 2yo champion in Canada.
Buggyboy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »

How many allowance races do they run there with the conditions of non-winners since X?  Mine That Bird is a five-time winner, he is out of conditions.  His choices are stakes races or claimers.

Funnycide ran in allowance company shortly before retirement, and this included a near TC run and BC start.......they can/do still write races as well.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »

Funnycide ran in allowance company shortly before retirement, and this included a near TC run and BC start.......they can/do still write races as well.....

and finger lakes 'wrote' a stake for him, to draw him there and to let him go out a winner!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 07:26:59 PM »

what do you do with a derby winning five year old gelding ?

well, the owners are loaded...so if he no longer wants to run.....turn him over to a top hunter trainer to make him into an A circuit show horse.....the owners still get the glory when he wins the hunter derbies...and the (albeit a lot less) prize money....i think he'd be cute as hell over jumps!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: