Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:10:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OPEN/OPT. CLM AT THE BIG M  (Read 957 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2006, 10:29:14 AM »

The race secretary wrote an optional $200,000 claimer/open for Saturday.  Here's the field :

1. Time Share N.                     - Case        Chansky Jr.
                       2. Ribbonman                          - Fillion       Gelrod
                       3. Lightship Hanover                 - Brennan   Berkeley
                       4. Goya Blue Chip                     -Conte Jr.   Conte Jr.
                       5. Mumbo King                        -Parker       Daley
                       6. Big Tom                              Anderson   Anderson
                       7. The Panderosa                     Morrill        Pelling
                       8. Quality Western                    Ledford      Ledford
                       9. Art's Planet                          Br. Miller     Bishop
                      10. Dieberspace                        Moiseyev     Abbott

The purse will be a skid lot of Aranesp for 1st, 1/2 a lot for 2nd, and ball bat to the side of the head for 3rd on down.  The over/under for the mile is 1:47.  Be there for the race.   trotter  TC

Report to moderator   Logged
off stride

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 10:35:25 AM »

now thats a race that i'd pay to see ...but with everyone wearing black n white striped silks, how could you tell the drivers apart .. and hawk/belcher want in on the ohio version of that race..if you make it a 3 claimer
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:37:25 AM »

gotta take a cue from Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross for the 2nd and 3rd place prizes...

2nd place -  a set of steak knives

3rd place - your suspended for life
off stride

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »

martha stewart will operate the track kitchen that day..
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:03:17 AM »

martha stewart will operate the track kitchen that day..
and present a hand-picked bouquet to the winner.  I expect the horse to be hungry and snatch the flowers right out of her hand, then keel over after the 1:46 mile, or perhaps threaten to trample the entire winner's circle party a la Parson's Den in the Isle of Capri Final at Ppk some years back.   trotter  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 02:35:34 PM »

and present a hand-picked bouquet to the winner.  I expect the horse to be hungry and snatch the flowers right out of her hand, then keel over after the 1:46 mile, or perhaps threaten to trample the entire winner's circle party a la Parson's Den in the Isle of Capri Final at Ppk some years back.   trotter  TC

Tying the record of the great PARSON'S DEN.  Anyone else remember that oh so interesting winner's circle presentation -- with PD trying to kill all parties in the winner's circle?

Best,
EW

TC,

Glad to see you also remember.

And, Mumbo King!  Wow -- there's a blast from the recent past.  What a great claim that was -- especially after Chansky tried to break the sound barrier in that last mile.

The two other $200k claims also blew my mind...I think they were Nianimble and Bad Bert?  Also think V Twelve was claimed three or four times for $150k?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
lockedinthebox

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 11:51:53 PM »

the panderosa will be off the board.
Good Ol' Jimmy Morrill Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

melina perez tastes as good as she looks
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 11:55:52 PM »

How the hell did you leave Robinson out of the field?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 07:15:07 AM »

How the hell did you leave Robinson out of the field?
Because he mostly competed on the OJC.  Br. Miller was a throw-in, but he at least made NJ his home in abbreviated attempts some years back.  We could do an All-Canadian issue as well I suppose.   trotter  TC
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »

Before this race, instead of the call to the post, Elvis will sing Jailhouse Rock
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 09:19:28 AM »

insteed of a starting gate they will be chased by njrb /a fleicher/irb/NJ state police/and all off us swinging potato rakes

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »

the panderosa will be off the board.
Good Ol' Jimmy Morrill Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Unless he goes off at more than 20-1, in which case he will get up at the wire.  Grin
swoodall

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 01:25:59 PM »

The trainers listed will hold a pre-race seminar for the new Jersey racing board on how to beat the black box.  Emphasis will be placed on avoiding detection and the need for yearly eye exams.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: