Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 05:34:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zen in 2011????  (Read 1921 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: November 04, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »

It's probably less than a 1% chance but Zenyatta fans, hold on to your hearts. I think it's just a case of him learning his lesson and not speaking too soon again, even though Theatrical and Susan swear he never actually said it. This is from Ed Fountaine of the NY Post:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- In what might not be the final start of her career after all, Zenyatta will break from post 8 in a field of 12 as the solid 8-5 favorite in Saturday's $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic at Churchill Downs.

The 6-year-old super mare, undefeated in 19 starts, can make it a "Perfect 20" with a repeat victory in the mile-and-a-quarter Classic, the climax of the 27th Breeders' Cup World Championships: 14 races worth $26 million in purses, to be run Friday and Saturday. ESPN2, ABC and ESPN will split the broadcasts.

Last year at Santa Anita, Zenyatta became the first female horse to win the Classic. Afterward, co-owner Jerry Moss indicated she would head to the breeding shed. But a few weeks later, the decision was made to race her again this year.

"I retired her without speaking to my wife [co-owner Ann], and that was a big mistake," Moss said at yesterday's post draw. "She just wasn't ready to quit yet. She was dancing around the barn and convinced us she was ready to do it all over again."

Then Moss dropped a bombshell about the "Queen Z" possibly racing again in 2011.

"We're not certain," he said. "The options are open. We're taking it race by race. There are no plans [to breed her] after the Breeders' Cup. We'll see how she comes out of it, sit down and talk it over."

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz14IZB0ei6

Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »

I thought you didn't care about either mare???

I was surprised they brought her back this year....I'd be completely shocked if they bring her back again next year.  Time for motherhood I'm guessing.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »

As a race fan I'd love to see her come back (and admittedly have a more ambitious campaign) but as a poster on these boards I'd like to see her retire......The nonsense is played out and seems to somehow creep into every thread.......

SHOWTIME!!!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »

I thought you didn't care about either mare???

I was surprised they brought her back this year....I'd be completely shocked if they bring her back again next year.  Time for motherhood I'm guessing.

ok, STOP.....caring or not caring for certain horses has nothing to do with posting pertinent info to the board's posters, does it?

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 09:26:42 AM »

As a race fan I'd love to see her come back (and admittedly have a more ambitious campaign) but as a poster on these boards I'd like to see her retire......The nonsense is played out and seems to somehow creep into every thread.......

I'd only want to her race in 2011 if it was more ambitious......another year of the santa margarita, vanity, hirsh, ladies secret.....b-0-r-i-n-g.......esp since BL and havre de grace would most likely be shipping all over the country to race in richer pursed gr 1's......but, she'll be 7..and she's earned her retirement....if they don't want to breed her....ride her!

NIATROSS

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »

ok, STOP.....caring or not caring for certain horses has nothing to do with posting pertinent info to the board's posters, does it?

Exactly what pertinent info did you post ? If you ask anyone they could have given the same she may or amy not return 2011.

Quit stirring the kettle !
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:45:56 AM »

This is pure speculation......But I think you might have a better chance to see her if shes loses the Classic.....Then she could do a public relations tour of 4 or 5 venues and give the rest of the US a chance to see her majestic presence close up.......TV does not do justice to her sheer size and power
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:50:41 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
SandyLoam

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 09:57:06 AM »

Why is everybody picking on Alpha Mare. the seed of the possibility of Zenyatta running again was planted by the owner himself! I would say that's pertinent information.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

Exactly what pertinent info did you post ? If you ask anyone they could have given the same she may or amy not return 2011.

Exactly.  Her and clockerterry have their manifestos ready to go and will simply need to cut and paste their words if she loses Saturday.  Sad to think people are like that.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »

Why is everybody picking on Alpha Mare. the seed of the possibility of Zenyatta running again was planted by the owner himself! I would say that's pertinent information.

Of course the owner has a right to do what he sees fit with his horse but should he decide to un-retire her it starts bordering on a Brett Favre circus.

I honestly believe they retire her after Saturday unless they know something we don't about her ability to become a broodmare.
NIATROSS

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »

I do believe " PERTINENT " means precise relevance to the matter at hand.
After last yrs change of mind what normal person does not give a chance of happening again?

Here is something " PERTINENT " for you Z may or may not win the Classic.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 10:10:42 AM »

Personally I hope she retires after the Classic. She has nothing more to prove, and I suspect whatever campaign she did run in next year would do nothing to silence her critics. I will guarantee they would just slam the competition in whatever races she happened to enter. "Oh big deal, she didn't beat anything, ain't like the greats of yesteryear!" You will never please everyone, no sense in trying.

It's not like breeding is risk free, we all know it is full of potential disaster as well, but I'd like to see her retire happy and healthy, period.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »

Personally I hope she retires after the Classic. She has nothing more to prove, and I suspect whatever campaign she did run in next year would do nothing to silence her critics. I will guarantee they would just slam the competition in whatever races she happened to enter. "Oh big deal, she didn't beat anything, ain't like the greats of yesteryear!" You will never please everyone, no sense in trying.

It's not like breeding is risk free, we all know it is full of potential disaster as well, but I'd like to see her retire happy and healthy, period.

The one reason I think she might race (if she loses)....The Moss's own her.....They will own and race her babies so there is no big rush to have foals to sell....And if her foals are like their Mom and big and gangly they will miss out on a lot of chances to run for the big money like she did as 2 and 3 year olds and unless they are close to as good as their Mom.....Their earning potential on the track wont be as high

SHOWTIME!!!
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »

The one reason I think she might race (if she loses)....The Moss's own her.....They will own and race her babies so there is no big rush to have foals to sell....And if her foals are like their Mom and big and gangly they will miss out on a lot of chances to run for the big money like she did as 2 and 3 year olds and unless they are close to as good as their Mom.....Their earning potential on the track wont be as high

I suspect anything she throws will be worth an astronomical amount of money, but you are correct on the possibility of being late starters. That being said, I don't believe the Moss' are concerned about the financial side of this, they certainly never chased the biggest purses, they just enjoy watching her race, and that may be the biggest factor in this whole discussion.

What I find funny is they said she didn't act ready to retire after last year. Well she was still at the track, she was still in "I'm a racehorse" mode. Put her out in a great big pasture and see how she acts.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 11:42:32 AM »

It's probably less than a 1% chance but Zenyatta fans, hold on to your hearts. I think it's just a case of him learning his lesson and not speaking too soon again, even though Theatrical and Susan swear he never actually said it. This is from Ed Fountaine of the NY Post:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- In what might not be the final start of her career after all, Zenyatta will break from post 8 in a field of 12 as the solid 8-5 favorite in Saturday's $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic at Churchill Downs.

The 6-year-old super mare, undefeated in 19 starts, can make it a "Perfect 20" with a repeat victory in the mile-and-a-quarter Classic, the climax of the 27th Breeders' Cup World Championships: 14 races worth $26 million in purses, to be run Friday and Saturday. ESPN2, ABC and ESPN will split the broadcasts.

Last year at Santa Anita, Zenyatta became the first female horse to win the Classic. Afterward, co-owner Jerry Moss indicated she would head to the breeding shed. But a few weeks later, the decision was made to race her again this year.

"I retired her without speaking to my wife [co-owner Ann], and that was a big mistake," Moss said at yesterday's post draw. "She just wasn't ready to quit yet. She was dancing around the barn and convinced us she was ready to do it all over again."

Then Moss dropped a bombshell about the "Queen Z" possibly racing again in 2011.

"We're not certain," he said. "The options are open. We're taking it race by race. There are no plans [to breed her] after the Breeders' Cup. We'll see how she comes out of it, sit down and talk it over."

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz14IZB0ei6

That would be great. Another whole year of listening to the whiny and ultra-touchy little Zientologosts of the forum.  thumbs up
NIATROSS

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 11:51:09 AM »

ALRIGHTY !

The thread is now complete,RICKY AND LUCY of the Z shit stirrers club have now both chimed in.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 11:54:20 AM »

ALRIGHTY !

The thread is now complete,RICKY AND LUCY of the Z shit stirrers club have now both chimed in.

These two have an ax to grind for some reason.  Secretly clocker does not want her to retire...where else can he focus his childish rants and bring meaning to his empty life?
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 11:59:52 AM »

excuse me, trossie....why the attitude?? i posted the story/link so the fans and people here could read it.....frig you all, i won't post any story links anymore since you don't appreciate it

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 12:02:45 PM »

Of course the owner has a right to do what he sees fit with his horse but should he decide to un-retire her it starts bordering on a Brett Favre circus.

I honestly believe they retire her after Saturday unless they know something we don't about her ability to become a broodmare.

I'm wondering if she is one of those he-she hermaphrodite mares, like the standarbred Snow White....female outside, male inside...if so, why not race her till she tells you she no longer wants to run?

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »

Tiresome thread, as usual.   Same people saying the same thing. Having to jump in and can't get new material.  Come ON already.

All I have to say is she sure must be looking GOOD.  I'm happy for that.

I'm getting edgy.  This is way more exciting than the Giants for me.  I feel like a drug addict who went cold turkey.  All itchy and twitchy.   Go Zenyatta Go!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »

excuse me, trossie....why the attitude?? i posted the story/link so the fans and people here could read it.....frig you all, i won't post any story links anymore since you don't appreciate it

Please do not stop posting your links.  Ignore the same ol' you know what.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »

ALRIGHTY !

GFY, tross.....i hope you get trampled in louisville....

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »

You have a right to post stories you want to post, and mention Zenyatta's name, even unfavorably, if you so desire. Getting you to stop posting and silencing all debate, through nasty personal abuse, is exactly what the Zientologists are all about. It's their way of "winning" a debate. Don't let them get you down. It was a perfectly legitimate news story to bring to the forum. There was no reason for anyone to jump all over you. The reasonable readers of the forum appreciate your input. 
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »

You posted a story on a mare you have claimed you don't care about.  Again your writings show otherwise.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 12:11:53 PM »

I'm wondering if she is one of those he-she hermaphrodite mares, like the standarbred Snow White....female outside, male inside...if so, why not race her till she tells you she no longer wants to run?

Martha Maxine
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: