Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 01:03:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic now Gio's preferred target  (Read 2152 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: October 28, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/breeders-cup-classic-now-preferred-over-mile-for-gio-ponti/781156/breederscup
Report to moderator   Logged
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:46:07 AM »

They want  to avoid facing the best horse in the world, that's why they're opting for the Classic .
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »

who cares where he runs......

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
SandyLoam

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »

who cares where he runs......
Because he seems to be a better turf horse, they say. He might be the horse with the toughest time finding a good spot.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »

Because he seems to be a better turf horse, they say. He might be the horse with the toughest time finding a good spot.

I know he's better on turf and i know what you are saying, but geez...pick a g'dam race already!!!   bang head

SandyLoam

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »

They're probably watching the weather. And perhaps to get a sense if Zenyatta will scratch if the track looks to be turning sloppy.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »

He can beat Goldi, he can't beat Zenyatta. The problem is he is stepping down in class over last year, and another good second in the classic might do more for his breeding than winning a grass mile race.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »

He can beat Goldi, he can't beat Zenyatta. The problem is he is stepping down in class over last year, and another good second in the classic might do more for his breeding than winning a grass mile race.

he ain't beating goldikova either, pal....who btw, IS listed as the best horse in the WORLD......

ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »

They're probably watching the weather. And perhaps to get a sense if Zenyatta will scratch if the track looks to be turning sloppy.

Why would Zenyatta scratch? It's her last race of her career in Americas richest horse race, not a Grade 2 in May. She has the highest WET Tomlinson that I've ever seen reading a racing form!

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 02:40:20 PM »

he ain't beating goldikova either, pal....who btw, IS listed as the best horse in the WORLD......

How do you judge the best horse in the world?  Zenyatta is not the best because she ducks males on the dirt yet I haven't seen Goldikova take on males on the dirt either.

This is total opinion.  To me they are both outstanding athletes and impossible to knock either of them based on accomplishments.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:42:08 PM by OTB » Report to moderator   Logged
Edwarren

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »

Why would Zenyatta scratch? It's her last race of her career in Americas richest horse race, not a Grade 2 in May. She has the highest WET Tomlinson that I've ever seen reading a racing form!

Glad you didn't close this with a  laughing guy  or a LMFAO!!!.

What is a wet Tomlinson?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »

How do you judge the best horse in the world?  Zenyatta is not the best because she ducks males on the dirt yet I haven't seen Goldikova take on males on the dirt either.

This is total opinion.  To me they are both outstanding athletes and impossible to knock either of them based on accomplishments.

I could not agree more OTB. trying to follow their logic is perplexing at best. On one hand,Zenyatta is a mare who has never beaten anything except a bunch of cripples in California. On the other hand it seems, no one in the classic should be able to touch her, by their own admission. I could list all of the races these horses have won, Preakness, Woodward,Stephen Foster, Jockey Gold Cup,Whitney Handicap, I could go on but you get the idea.

So which is it? She is either a mare who has done nothing but beat up on a bunch of helpless horses her whole career, or she is a juggernaut that the winners of almost every prestigious race in America can't beat. I'm confused. I mean now Alpha Mare says she should win the classic as none of the other horses is proven at a mile and a quarter. LOL so now she should win.HUM.........
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »

He should be in the Mile. Not sure a Classic that's shaping up to be this tough is the time to find out if you have a dirt horse when you've got a horse who has made nearly $5M running on turf and synthetics. Have a feeling he'll be nowhere to be found in the Classic on dirt, but would rate a fighting chance in the Mile, which might be the perfect distance for him.

She has the highest WET Tomlinson that I've ever seen reading a racing form!

It's high...but prepare to have your horizons expanded next Saturday.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 03:13:14 PM »

I could not agree more OTB. trying to follow their logic is perplexing at best. On one hand,Zenyatta is a mare who has never beaten anything except a bunch of cripples in California. On the other hand it seems, no one in the classic should be able to touch her, by their own admission. I could list all of the races these horses have won, Preakness, Woodward,Stephen Foster, Jockey Gold Cup,Whitney Handicap, I could go on but you get the idea.

So which is it? She is either a mare who has done nothing but beat up on a bunch of helpless horses her whole career, or she is a juggernaut that the winners of almost every prestigious race in America can't beat. I'm confused. I mean now Alpha Mare says she should win the classic as none of the other horses is proven at a mile and a quarter. LOL so now she should win.HUM.........

lmao..you guys are soooo easy to fluster...... nyah

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »

Yeah you sure are a jokster mare.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

They want  to avoid facing the best horse in the world, that's why they're opting for the Classic .

My thinking exactly.  thumbs up
SandyLoam

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

There is a precedent for scratching Zenyatta on a sloppy track. Running her on a wet track is pretty uncharted territory for her and her connections. Welfare of the horse versus the size of the stage? They'll make that decision. That said, let's hope for good conditions.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »

Yeah you sure are a jokster mare.

TB.....in all honesty....while i respect what zen has done, i am not a fan, never will be....and i am not going to go into why again....hey, if she wins, good for her, and good for you guys....mel can brag about the greatest horse EVER....not.....if she loses.....sad for you guys...mel will prolly commit suicide......i for one....don't care either way.....

SandyLoam

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »

My thinking exactly.  thumbs up

Gio Ponti is all heart. If Zenyatta does not get her dream trip, Gio's got a chance.
Edwarren

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »

If Gio Ponti wins, he'll be HOY.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »

Gio Ponti is all heart. If Zenyatta does not get her dream trip, Gio's got a chance.

I happen to think that a mare who has benefited tremendously over the years from the "turf profile" of synthetic races, where the big run at the end is the thing just like turf, may not be quite so lucky on a true dirt track that favors speedier horses and carries their speed further, especially on a day that's bound to be scraped down for maximum times, while a horse like Gio or Blame that lays a little closer will benefit. That's assuming QR and some others don't set a disaster pace and suck along all the 2nd flite horses with them. However, we shall see. That's why they run the races rather than simply being content with, "So and so would have won that easily".
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »

As you know, when they write you the check for winning it is not contingent on who you beat.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »

What fluster?  You made a statement and I asked how you arrived at the conclusion.
Edwarren

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

As you know, when they write you the check for winning it is not contingent on who you beat.

How about who you didn't beat to run fourth?  Does that matter? 
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »

How about who you didn't beat to run fourth?  Does that matter? 

No, when you win they write you the winners check.  Anytime you win a race it's an accomplishment as a million things can wrong in the preparation for and the running of the race.

Why don't you criticize who Goldnikova didn't beat?  Total phony you are.

I also wonder what makes you say Zenyatta should run here or run there.  You don't pay the bills on her and the people who do have been a perfect 19 for 19.  Tell me what they have done wrong.

This should be some answer if you answer it.

For the record I'm thinking Zenyatta loses next Saturday...just a feeling.  I certainly will not be betting her as I don't think she offers reasonable value.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: