Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 09:17:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Jersey State Police Press Release 4/4/06  (Read 3720 times)
emp

« on: April 04, 2006, 08:06:02 AM »

Posted on the New Jersey State Police website.....

http://www.njsp.org/news/pr040406.html
Report to moderator   Logged
DawgPound

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 08:16:16 AM »

I hope those pictures at the end of that article aren't the mug shots of Ledford, Daily, Daily and Witmer....they look happy!
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:17:01 AM »

Must be a proud moment in the Ledford household!
warden
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:24:23 AM »

this is the same nj state police who set up a bookie ring themselves in order to discredit wayne gretzky and hockey. seems to me there are far more important things for them to do like stopping those 19 hijackers who all were in jersey than this bs.

VicD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »

Sso they should have ignored this?
hottotrot

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 08:51:33 AM »

this is the same nj state police who set up a bookie ring themselves in order to discredit wayne gretzky and hockey. seems to me there are far more important things for them to do like stopping those 19 hijackers who all were in jersey than this bs.

Warden - are you kidding me?  BS??  So you think it is okay that these guys race with juiced up horses?  You don't mind that they have an unfair advantage??  That these people have deceived the bettors??  i don't own or train horses myself, I just have an interest in this industry and what you have just said is BS.  If you are a true horseman, I would think you would be happy that something is finally being done about all of this.
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out why Eric and not Seldon was arrested.   The Daileys worked directly for Seldon as his assistants and you have to assume he knew what was going on.   Are they hoping Eric flips on the old man to get out of jail time?   Do they have interviews from somewhere that state he knew they were doping?

It's just puzzling why Eric is there and not Seldon.
Petro

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:09:27 PM »

Everybody and their mother knows that Eric is the trainer.  Seldon has probably been to New York once or twice in his lifetime.  I am still surprised he wasn't arrested because it is his name they are under and therefore he is the trainer on paper!!!
vcackerman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:27:10 PM »

My mother forgot to tell me!   Sorry I wasnt that up on Ledford stables - Don't follow harness that close
swoodall

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 12:44:13 PM »

Last time I made a comment to warden about something he slammed,  he threatened to remove me from this site.  But your comment on this being BS is BS!  If Gretzky was so pure,  he wouldn't have gotten caught up in any bookie ring no matter who set him up.  I also was unaware of the responsibility of national security resting in the hands of the nj state police.  Sounds like you are a disgruntled  hockey fan.
njhorseman

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 02:07:48 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out why Eric and not Seldon was arrested.   The Daileys worked directly for Seldon as his assistants and you have to assume he knew what was going on.   Are they hoping Eric flips on the old man to get out of jail time?   Do they have interviews from somewhere that state he knew they were doping?

It's just puzzling why Eric is there and not Seldon.

Easy...the cops have sworn statements from the informants that Eric does the actual training and Seldon is never there.

Also, Seldon could be arrested at a later date if the cops think they have enough on him. Right now, Seldon's only punishment will be suspension by the NJRC as he is trainer of record.
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

Im confused too..Eric was arrested  because he is the "real" trainer??
njhorseman

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »

Im confused too..Eric was arrested  because he is the "real" trainer??

Excatly..he trained the horses and he gave the orders to administer the drugs.
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 02:56:22 PM »

I thought he got arrested for "planning on rigging a sporting event"?

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
swoodall

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »

You guys I have said for a long time that Seldon was a paper trainer.  Before Eric's first move to the Meadowlands Seldon had Shay jogging with the other babies in Ohio and Eric did ALL the training and controlled the all the barns operations.  All planing and entries were made by Eric.  It was Eric in the racing office in Morgan's face when he pulled Aahm Your Man from the entry box NOT Ryan Dailey!  Ryan jogs and is a good helping hand but he never trained one horse while I was there and neither did Seldon.  Eric did it all! 

When Eric left for the Meadowlands the first time Seldon came here from Ohio to help oversee daily operations in Chicago and he had just come off of a suspension.  Ryan's name stayed up as trainer but Eric flew back during the week to do the training.  When Shay tried to hurt Eric during one training trip Greg Powell took over training Shay not Ryan Dailey.  Greg trained a couple of horses but I if I remember his part correctly he owned an intrest in them.  I'm not saying Ryan or Dee or Greg are not nice or knowledgeable horsemen/women because they were,  but they knew their place in the Ledford barn and Eric was in charge!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 03:39:06 PM by swoodall » Report to moderator   Logged
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 10:05:50 PM »

Nobody has ever said if they found the drugs in Erics possesion or in his property. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldnt that fact help him blame the Daileys so he will be back driving next month and the daileys go to the big house. 
swoodall

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 10:51:47 PM »

Honest1

I going to tell you something right now that I have avoided saying publically but have had private discussions about.  If Ryan and Dee Dee are set up to take the fall for this and Eric and Seldon try to get away scott free then I will offer my testimony to Ryan and Dee Dee in their defense that Eric was the man with complete control of all Ledford training operations while I had horses in their barn.  I do not know Ryan or Dee Dee at a personal level but I do know their level of authority while I had horses with the Ledfords.  The answer to that question my friend was a big fat Zero!  If they adminstired any illegal injections into Ledford horses it was under the direction of Eric.  I don't believe they will be left holding the syringe but stranger things have happened.
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 11:05:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure they know who the head of the operation is.  That would be why they arrested Eric and not Seldon.  As for Ryan and Deana they'll be hard pressed to get out of their charges considering they had possession and they were the ones administering the drug.  They knew it was wrong even if they were just following orders.  Its a shame because they are really nice people, and there's no shot they would have ever expected to be looking at jail time for pre-racing horses.
swoodall

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 11:38:46 PM »

Charginghard

I agree completely.
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 09:17:57 AM »

great discussion
theiman

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 09:39:49 AM »

Have to believe the NJ Police will make deals with the Daileys for testimony of operations on the Ledford operation. Lower fines and sentences, maybe no jail time for complete cooperation. The Police want the big cheese to set an example. I guess it also helps the police that one of the investigators for the police was a former trainer named Cote'.

What seems strange to me is the investigation was said to be taken place over 18 months. I dont think Ledford was showing these results for that long a period, so most likely they were investigating someone else,(Rucker??) but Erics results just blew out the radar screen.

Dan Nance

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure they know who the head of the operation is.  That would be why they arrested Eric and not Seldon.  As for Ryan and Deana they'll be hard pressed to get out of their charges considering they had possession and they were the ones administering the drug.  They knew it was wrong even if they were just following orders.  Its a shame because they are really nice people, and there's no shot they would have ever expected to be looking at jail time for pre-racing horses.

When you lay down with pigs you come up smelling like garbage. Hence Ryan and Deana.
njhorseman

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »

Have to believe the NJ Police will make deals with the Daileys for testimony of operations on the Ledford operation. Lower fines and sentences, maybe no jail time for complete cooperation. The Police want the big cheese to set an example. I guess it also helps the police that one of the investigators for the police was a former trainer named Cote'.

What seems strange to me is the investigation was said to be taken place over 18 months. I dont think Ledford was showing these results for that long a period, so most likely they were investigating someone else,(Rucker??) but Erics results just blew out the radar screen.

I think you're right on the money.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 10:04:53 AM »

Is Paul Stafford available to be paper trainer for all of Ledfords horses as well when they start racing from the detention barn in 60 days?
emp

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 01:59:44 PM »

When you lay down with pigs you come up smelling like garbage. Hence Ryan and Deana.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: