Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 09:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wrighting a book  (Read 1456 times)
American Freedom

« on: October 17, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »

After talking with my niece last night she has talked me into wrighting book about my 41 years in horse racing the book will be called " Is there light at the finish line " The book will be about all the good times and bad times i have had in racing what i have seen and so on, She is a wrighter thats what she does so we will see what happens from here on out i have no ideal when the book will be finished. The only thing id worry about if i were any of you that i no is if you end up in it or not and at what part your in it. So if i no any of you id look out for it and see if you make it into it. Ill be talking about some people that have funny or not so funny story's what i seen people do in racing and what i have done in racing i will be talking about all the tracks i have raced at when and where. I hope it makes for a good read so keep your eyes open with in the next year or 2 for a new horse racing book named "  Is there light at the finish line "

A little note here

The nasty post that will be posted by the no bodys really don't matter its the people that i do no i want to no about the book the rest of you very frankly " Just Don't Matter

Some horses i will be talking about are

Big Brother Hanna

Kiwi Jam

White Ruffles

Barberry Spur

Kash Crown

Perry's Fella

Gold Dust

Dragon's lair

Mr Magoo

Ridgewood Express

and many others some names you may no some you may not but after we get done you will no them all
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:17:12 PM by OntheAttack » Report to moderator   Logged
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »

Maybe Niatross will make it book of the day in the future.
good luck to you

And I wont goof here. Too easy.
Report to moderator   Logged
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »

YOU MUST HAVE HEARD AND SAW ALOT WHEN YOU WERE LIVING IN THE RAFTERS
vaporize

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

YOU MUST HAVE HEARD AND SAW ALOT WHEN YOU WERE LIVING IN THE RAFTERS
what about the lice ?
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 03:33:10 PM »

wrighting a book

Make sure you have your manuscript proof read!
vaporize

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »

wrighting a book

Orville or Wilbur wright ?
American Freedom

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »

wrighting a book

LOL my niece will be doing all the wrighting not me LOL
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »

As I have said before. I admire Onthattack attack for his pure tenacity. It is great he is conviced he has lived a life he believes others would like to read about. Having his niece write it may be a good choice.
Let's fast forward. Your book is complete. Who or how will you get the book published? Who will be you market?
 Not bustin your lice on this, just guiding you past all the feel good stuff and into the real challenge.
vaporize

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 04:21:03 PM »

As I have said before. I admire Onthattack attack for his pure tenacity. It is great he is conviced he has lived a life he believes others would like to read about. Having his niece write it may be a good choice.
Let's fast forward. Your book is complete. Who or how will you get the book published? Who will be you market?
 Not bustin your lice on this, just guiding you past all the feel good stuff and into the real challenge.
Just consider how few posters there are reading all of the harness sites.  Small potential pool of possible buyers of this masterpiece in the making.
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »

I agree but, I guess you can't let the logistics and all get in the way of the creative process. Good luck Attacker. I hope to get a preview of the draft.
SomeNutSomeWhere

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »

good luck with the book...wrighting can be hard...make sure you have a good proof reader
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »

paige what about wolfs elvira???  the only thing you truly have knowledge about is how much bedding  the trainer wants in his stalls.. or maybe you can give us your take on the best style wheelbarrow  to clean the stalls!!  man you are *** out there!!!
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »

paige what about wolfs elvira???  the only thing you truly have knowledge about is how much bedding  the trainer wants in his stalls.. or maybe you can give us your take on the best style wheelbarrow  to clean the stalls!!  man you are ***ing out there!!!

sounds like this guy has a history

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
vaporize

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »

sounds like this guy has a history
no just mad cow disease.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE FIRST EDITION ,READ IT ,THEN AUTOGRAPH IT ,THEN DONATE TO CHARITY OF ONTHEATTACKS CHOICE
vaporize

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE FIRST EDITION ,READ IT ,THEN AUTOGRAPH IT ,THEN DONATE TO CHARITY OF ONTHEATTACKS CHOICE
A great gesture PigL but what do you think your autograph will get at a charity auction ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »

A great gesture PigL but what do you think your autograph will get at a charity auction ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
MORE THAN THE BOOK?
vaporize

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »

MORE THAN THE BOOK?
can't argue that one.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »

thank god someone was finally able to persuade ota to write a book. i predict this book be be on the best sellers list for many, many weeks. go get em
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 05:32:31 PM »

thank god someone was finally able to persuade ota to write a book. i predict this book be be on the best sellers list for many, many weeks. go get em
I KINDA AGREE , MIGHT WANNA SELL IT ON THE ART BELL RADIO SHOW.
tony clifton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 05:36:07 PM »

I'm writing a book too! Good luck to you sir!
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

I KINDA AGREE , MIGHT WANNA SELL IT ON THE ART BELL RADIO SHOW.

sure. that would work.

i cant wait to find out if there is light at the finish line, do you think the question will get answered by the end of the book? or, will it be a teaser and an opportunity for the sequel?
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »

sure. that would work.

i cant wait to find out if there is light at the finish line, do you think the question will get answered by the end of the book? or, will it be a teaser and an opportunity for the sequel?
Hell I think the damn light is going to get cut off due to budget cuts dont you?Huh
He wont be able to see what the hell his neice wrote any way at this rate.

vaporize

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »

Hell I think the damn light is going to get cut off due to budget cuts dont you?Huh
He wont be able to see what the hell his neice wrote any way at this rate.
and fuzzy I thought you were nice. but this was a funny post.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »

IM THINKING THIS TOPIC IS GONNA BE HERE TILL THE BOOK COMES OUT
vaporize

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »

IM THINKING THIS TOPIC IS GONNA BE HERE TILL THE BOOK COMES OUT
He is pretty smart.  He is getting FREE advertising for it.  laughing guy laughing guy
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 06:31:51 PM »

and fuzzy I thought you were nice. but this was a funny post.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Sorry Vaporize I wasnt trying to be mean I just think racing is in a bad way and if looking for lights at the finish line well hell I dont no

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »

If your reading is like your writing could take a few years to read it.
vaporize

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

If your reading is like your writing could take a few years to read it.
be nice 3ww his niece will be help with the writing and provide ALL of the prooreading.
although I would  really love to read the unedited version.  I do occasionaly enjoy a good laugh. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »

It is definitely a book I would keep by the toilet.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 06:46:30 PM »

It is definitely a book I would keep by the toilet.
At our house it is not the toilet it is the library.
or in Spanish Lebibiloteca

American Freedom

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »

Sorry Vaporize I wasnt trying to be mean I just think racing is in a bad way and if looking for lights at the finish line well hell I dont no
Thats part of what its going to be about im happy you see what the tittle is, I remember when there were 30 grand in the grandstand and now i go to any track and maybe 20 people its said i am just happy that when i started racing there were things to remember not like today when people have nothing to talk about but other people,.
American Freedom

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 06:52:02 PM »

paige what about wolfs elvira???  the only thing you truly have knowledge about is how much bedding  the trainer wants in his stalls.. or maybe you can give us your take on the best style wheelbarrow  to clean the stalls!!  man you are ***ing out there!!!
wolfs elvira came at the end of my time in racing i will always miss her she gave me some very good times that i will always remember thats the way i am they don't have to be big brother hanna or ridgewood for me to remember them the one thing grooms and horsemen alike forget you take care of a world champion the same way you do a mare of the year at a small track they all need care no matter how good or how bad they are always remember every horse has a owner who cares about them and you must do what you can to make both the horse and owner happy that is the only advice i will give any of you take it and use it well .;
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »

wolfs elvira came at the end of my time in racing i will always miss her she gave me some very good times that i will always remember thats the way i am they don't have to be big brother hanna or ridgewood for me to remember them the one thing grooms and horsemen alike forget you take care of a world champion the same way you do a mare of the year at a small track they all need care no matter how good or how bad they are always remember every horse has a owner who cares about them and you must do what you can to make both the horse and owner happy that is the only advice i will give any of you take it and use it well .;
Every horse deserves to be treated like a champion I dont care what they race for On the Attack and I aplaud you.
The grooms could always write best sellers because they live it 24/7.
I cant wait to read your book.
I just like having a few laughs and I hope I did not offend you by all means every pearson has at least one great book in them.

American Freedom

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »

Every horse deserves to be treated like a champion I dont care what they race for On the Attack and I aplaud you.
The grooms could always write best sellers because they live it 24/7.
I cant wait to read your book.
I just like having a few laughs and I hope I did not offend you by all means every pearson has at least one great book in them.
I have been told that when you walk in my den in my house it takes you at least 30 min to take it all in pictures bridles boots from alot of champion horses my niece comes over and just stands and looks around she is the one who wants me to do this it was not my ideal but why not do it with her i started racing in 1968 when i was a kid  a baby my mother would put me in a 5 gal bucket so i would not run off lol i joged my first horse with my dad at 7 and on my own at 8 or 9 what i have done is more then some and not as much as others but some of the story's are priceless like a few about eddie daves sr eddie ' turn pike tayler " and when a very good  friend died Wayne Smullen in 1983 driving in a race and is the reason why i DO NOT DRIVE there will be alot to talk about,
Humpy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 07:33:04 PM »

I'm going to write one called "Sell the toilet honey, I lost my ass at the track".
vaporize

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

I'm going to write one called "Sell the toilet honey, I lost my ass at the track".
Was thinking of "Life in a cardboard box".  Think someone else is already doing that.  laughing guy laughing guy
njhorseman

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »

Just consider how few posters there are reading all of the harness sites.  Small potential pool of possible buyers of this masterpiece in the making.

I can verify this to be true from personal experience.  laughing guy

"I'm a retired investor living on a pension."
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »

BUMP
OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »

This is great.  More people should write about their life experiences in racing. My sister wrote a children's book about a pony who found his calling as a therapy horse. Sales proceeds go to Equilibrium where she is in charge of the handicapped driving program.  Make a nice Christmas gift, pm me for info on how to buy. 

Check out my Facebook Page:  Flo Browne Horsemanship Training
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 06:58:59 PM »

BUMP
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: