Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 01:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: someone please explain!!!  (Read 1380 times)
brenda

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2006, 02:11:21 PM »

How can the racing board lay down a penalty and then turn around and reduce it? Ryan Bellamy is now down to 30 days and 3000 thousand fine. The inconsistancy of these officials just goes on and on! Nothing against Ryan but somebody please explain how this happens.
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »

I may be wrong...BUT...if someone threatens to appeal, can't the penalty be negotiated downward if both parties come to an agreement>?
njhorseman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »

I may be wrong...BUT...if someone threatens to appeal, can't the penalty be negotiated downward if both parties come to an agreement>?

Correct. When you appeal the commission will sometimes agree to a reduced penalty in return for your dropping the appeal.
whocares

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 02:26:47 PM »

For many offenses the IRB and other states are offering to reduce time in exchange for dollars. There don't seem to be any clear guidelines.
brenda

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »

Exactly! It appears there are no clear guide lines. If you are Joe Blow you get made an example of. If you are high profile you get a slap on the wrist.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 03:39:48 PM »

Exactly! It appears there are no clear guide lines. If you are Joe Blow you get made an example of. If you are high profile you get a slap on the wrist.
Yes, and if you are 21, never been in any trouble in life, much less your workplace, had a horse under your care for ONE WEEK, and that horse comes back positive all of a sudden for something I'll bet the trainer never heard of until the announcement...I think you get the picture.  This is a good guy, no criminal here and the IRB finally saw a little light, with the help of Mr. Joe Parisi, esq.  All these factors led to extenuating circumstances, and I for one am glad that this incident is going to be put into the past when the days served are over next week.  Every once in a while, justice is served, even downtown at IRB Headquarters.   trotter  TC
BRINGTHEPAIN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 04:30:03 PM »

hobbit if you dont know all the details you should get pissed i know ryan and hes a good guy you will realy get pissed whens hes winning again

I HATE THE BROWN AND WHITE DEVIL
brenda

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »

Your wrong! As I said before I have nothing against Ryan and dont care how many races he wins. I get pissed when our mighty leaders contradict thems selves on a regular basis!
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 05:18:28 PM »

plea bargain? ... kind of like in regular court ... u get a lawyer .. and somehow the judge reduces the time or sentence same thing

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
Hard 2 Brake

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »

Its not like he got off with no penalty.  He had to serve some days and got a $3,000 fine.  From what I heard he didn't do the crime anyways.  I heard that someone who worked for him was taking painkillers and set him up??  I was stabled in the same barn as Ryan when he was at DeYoung's farm a couple years ago and he did a pretty good job: his horses looked good, and he worked hard on them and did pretty well.  I talked to Ryan when he was on his temporary stay and he told me that there is no way he did it and said his vets dont prerace his horses.
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 05:28:53 PM »

whoa lets not go to far with this lol ....    but yes he did have a couple crackheads that helped around the barn ... and i think that could have caused the positive

Hard 2 Brake

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »

Thats just what i heard I dont know, but Ryan is a straight-shooter he straight-up told me that it didn't come from him!!
brenda

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »

I did not start this thread to determine ryans guilt or innocents. Just had a simple quetion and NJ answered it. Thanks
BEEF JERKY

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »

THIS IS ANOTHER CROOK OF CRAP.  RYAN IS A NICE GUY BUT COME ON, THE HORSE TESTED POSITIVE AND HE GOES AND GETS PARISI TO GET HIM OFF.  THATS WHAT THESE SLIMBALL LAWYERS DO, GET THE TRAINERS OUT OF DOING THERE TIME AND THEY MAKE BIG MONEY FOR DOING IT.  ITS JUST ANOTHER CROOK OF CRAP BECAUSE OF THE CROOKED LAWYERS GETTING THE TRAINERS OUT OF SERVING THERE SUSPENSIONS.  WHAT A JOKE.  PARISI SHOULD BE IN JAIL WITH ALL OF THE SCUMBAGS HE GETS OFF. thumbs down thumbs down
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 06:50:46 PM »

lol .... i know its trainers responsibility but i really dont think he gave that horse the pos.

Hard 2 Brake

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 07:09:41 PM »

I dont think Ryan had any lawyer; I think the racing board called him and wanted to negotiate his suspension, but nevertheless he did serve some time and paid a $3,000 fine.  I think Ryan had a clean record and that is why the racing board made him an offer???  Its not like Rucker getting 12 positives and getting off its only 1 positive and his only positive and he still did some time and $$$$.  I believe Ryan when he tells me that he did not give the horse the positive; I mean cmon Ryan is one of the most honest and nicest person i have ever met.  How about a couple years when Phil Knox stole $1,000 from him at DeYoung's farm and Ryan could have put PK in jail, but he didn't.  Hell, I have seen Ryan talking to PK on the track at Balmoral jogging in the mornings.  Ryan is my friend, but I will say he is a pretty stand-up guy!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »

I dont think Ryan had any lawyer; I think the racing board called him and wanted to negotiate his suspension, but nevertheless he did serve some time and paid a $3,000 fine.  I think Ryan had a clean record and that is why the racing board made him an offer???  Its not like Rucker getting 12 positives and getting off its only 1 positive and his only positive and he still did some time and $$$$.  I believe Ryan when he tells me that he did not give the horse the positive; I mean cmon Ryan is one of the most honest and nicest person i have ever met.  How about a couple years when Phil Knox stole $1,000 from him at DeYoung's farm and Ryan could have put PK in jail, but he didn't.  Hell, I have seen Ryan talking to PK on the track at Balmoral jogging in the mornings.  Ryan is my friend, but I will say he is a pretty stand-up guy!!
THe FACT is Ryan DID have a lawyer.  His name is Joe Parisi, esq. and Joe was instrumental in seeing the time and fine reduced to mutually acceptable levels.  Forget about what you heard about any other of life's "stories", because they are 1/2 truths and some even outright lies.  I agree 100% that Ryan is a nice guy...one I'd like to see finish 1st as often as possible.  Wink  Not only is he a great guy, but his father is one of THE nicest guys ever to set foot in any racetrack - Bob "Hollywood" Bellamy - the king of the Chicken Velvet Soup !  trotter  TC
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 08:03:58 PM »

flag

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: