Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 07:12:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: young colts not much different than young boys  (Read 2656 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »

Came home today and the gate to my drive way was closed.
Noticed my Dads favorite young colt was tearing around the yard chasing wild turkeys with his jolly ball.
Got in the driveway and the screen on my Pops window was torn to hell. The pool sweep is all over the dang yard and the hay tarp is on the other side of the house.
Asked Pop what the hell are you thinking???
He said "I just thought he would want to eat some grass" "well he didnt hurt nothen"
So how did the screen get torn up he my Dad was taking a nap.
I guess Dad was talking to him before he went to sleep. Raising horses and parrents is a hell of a job.
Never leave and 80 year old in charge of a yearling Tbred colt big mistake I dont know who was baby setting who.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »

Thanks for writing this. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »

Thanks for writing this. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. 
I am so happy you enjoyed the tidbits about my day care center for colts and parents.
Up date well he has taught this young colt where to dump the manure wheel barrle over he is just working on the right place to dump the wheel barrle seems to be a great game for him like teaching a dog to fetch.
Dad feels the wheel barrle and the colt waits patiently then dumps it for him when its full. So after a wk or two I am sure my wonderfull Dad will be trained properly on where the colt thinks the manure pile will be.
I steal have hope this young stead will get Dad on board where the manure pile should be in its proper place. thumbs up

laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:35:52 PM »

I'm sure your colt will have you dad up to speed in no time whatsoever.  Please keep writing on his exploits.  I'm looking forward to any photos of the darling boy.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »

I hate to say it, because I know how much trouble this must have been for you, but it sounded so cute!   JUST like a little boy is right.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:10:11 PM »

I will try real soon to get a candid picture of these to at the day care center.

I dont know if any of you remember this commercial:
Pace Picante hot sauce where this old hill billy chuck wagon character says "New York City" I have been told by many he looks and sounds just like my Pops. He always wore suspenders and this top hat looking thing. Cant remember the actors name was at least twenty years ago.

I will certainly keep you posted about all the shenanigans excuse me day care activities in the up and coming days.

I sure need to come up with a name for this colt. Any ideas???

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 04:56:33 AM »

I will try real soon to get a candid picture of these to at the day care center.

I dont know if any of you remember this commercial:
Pace Picante hot sauce where this old hill billy chuck wagon character says "New York City" I have been told by many he looks and sounds just like my Pops. He always wore suspenders and this top hat looking thing. Cant remember the actors name was at least twenty years ago.

I will certainly keep you posted about all the shenanigans excuse me day care activities in the up and coming days.

I sure need to come up with a name for this colt. Any ideas???

oh, let's have a contest! what's his parentage, fuzzy?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:58:56 AM by Alpha Mare » Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 03:35:18 PM »

Loved the pace picante comercial.  That yearling you have sounds like he has plenty of moxie.  How does he get along with the other colts.  Does your dad know the colt is watching him and not the other way around.  Oh well reminds a little when my son was young
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »

horse
Thanks for the funny story Fuzz. Best of luck to your colt and your PoP....LOL clover
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 06:48:02 PM »

oh, let's have a contest! what's his parentage, fuzzy?

Sounds good he is a full brother to The Borg Queen.

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »

Loved the pace picante comercial.  That yearling you have sounds like he has plenty of moxie.  How does he get along with the other colts.  Does your dad know the colt is watching him and not the other way around.  Oh well reminds a little when my son was young
We dont let him in the pasture with other horses he still has his ka-nockas. When I suggested to my Pops lets get him gelded so he will be happier horse.
Pops answered "now just how the hell does that make a horse happier?" (U would have thought we were telling my Pops we were going to geld Pops) But I said "then he could go in the pasture with other horses."  Pops insisted the "colt is very happy where he is and he will just beat the shit out of the rest of them bang tails nuts or no nuts"one hour later Pops says "I just dont  understand any one wanting to geld a perfectly mannered colt"
(I think my Pops has had the colt in the pasture with the other horses when I wasnt home and doesnt want me to know. What do you want to bet?)
The wild turkeys would disagree with my Pops that he is well mannered.
 But my Mom and I cant say a word Pops gets to upset.
I am just along to replace what ever the hell the dad gum colt tares to hell.
Laurna Jean he follows my Pop every where my Pop goes. When Dad is setting around the swimming pool the colt is  on the other side of the fence watching him when he hears my Dad in the morning he starts nickering and running like hell.When Dad drives off in a car the colt follows the car down the fence line.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:18 PM »

I think I love  your dad.   Wink
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:38:09 PM »

i don't know 'the borg queen'..what is her breeding? lol and we always kept our young colts together or with geldings...never had a problem...

laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »

Sounds good he is a full brother to The Borg Queen.

If Bog Queen is his sis, then maybe it should be a Star Trek related name, something like Starfleet Captain, or maybe Ready for Warp.  lol I am such a geekette
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »

If Bog Queen is his sis, then maybe it should be a Star Trek related name, something like Starfleet Captain, or maybe Ready for Warp.  lol I am such a geekette
I like those names and you are no geek my last name is KIRK.
He just loves this colt and it is such a blessing for me to watch his relationship with this colt.You would think he had Man o War in that pasture the way he cares for him.

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

FUZZY.....PAY ATTENTION, PLEASE!!  LOL   who is the colt's SIRE and who is his DAM?? as i never heard of her, saying he is 'the borg queen's' brother does NOT help me...lol..... i've asked 3 times now...thanks Smiley

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 03:39:17 PM »

FUZZY.....PAY ATTENTION, PLEASE!!  LOL   who is the colt's SIRE and who is his DAM?? as i never heard of her, saying he is 'the borg queen's' brother does NOT help me...lol..... i've asked 3 times now...thanks Smiley

Sorry Mare thought you would look it up.
Sire Fruition Dam Knight Olympienne

laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »

I am a Star Trek Fan and even met Rodenberry's wife and son and two different conventions.   How is this for a name "Kirk's Bad Boy".  This ties in both you and your dad, Star Trek and the name of a book about a mischevious young boy "Peck's Bad Boy" I don't think your little yearling is bad but he sure has a lot of spunk just like the character in the book.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:29:37 AM »

I am a Star Trek Fan and even met Rodenberry's wife and son and two different conventions.   How is this for a name "Kirk's Bad Boy".  This ties in both you and your dad, Star Trek and the name of a book about a mischevious young boy "Peck's Bad Boy" I don't think your little yearling is bad but he sure has a lot of spunk just like the character in the book.

it's not my colt, and i have no say what so ever...laurajean, but...yuck!!!  a horse needs a good name , one that sounds like he's a winner......

laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »

I think a horse should have a winning name too.  Will have to keep working on a name for that cutie little horse.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 04:31:06 PM »

Maybe something with Borg and Bopper in it?
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 06:55:03 PM »

This morning I am ready to leave the house my Pops is in the pasture (with the colt standing directly behind him like he is a supervisor) explaining to these young men where he wants wood they have cut up stacked. Next thing I know my Pops is taking a round house kick like a retired soccer player at one of the rounds to move it on down a hill. With this very famous kick he does a ballerina peroit and misses the round of wood and lands flat on his keester. The colt is blowing snorting over him smelling and touching Pop like something had jumped out a bit both of Pops two legs off.
As Pop rolls over with buttocks in air and head at ground level the colt reaches out to give Pops a little help getting up as if to say move Dude and nips him on the butt.
My Mom and I and the workers were trying so hard not to laugh we all turned our heads and all snickered at each other except for one young man that was so worried Pops was hurt well he wasnt hurt nor his keester but it sure worried that colt.
My Dad was sure ticked at Mom and I for laughing his reply "I could have broke my damn neck and you damn fools would laugh your asses off" 

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »

That is soooo funny.   Your family sounds like a fun family.   Love these stories. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »

Pammy we are just a bunch of folks who love one another and our animals.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »

Nothing better Fuzzy.  Nothing better.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: