Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 06:36:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawthorne needs to fix  (Read 7367 times)
EasyScore

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 10:52:45 AM »

Thank you Terry for the update.  Much appreciated.
Report to moderator   Logged
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 12:27:25 PM »

They should rename that hole, GOLDEN RAIL. To bad the rain didn't come 3 hours earlier.
Horse Voice

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 12:34:46 PM »

They should rename that hole, GOLDEN RAIL. To bad the rain didn't come 3 hours earlier.

How many horses benefitted from the "GOLDEN RAIL" yesterday? Which horses?
edwarren

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 01:52:28 PM »

I think you'll find, on average, any track any where any distance any size field any horse gets within 5 lengths of the leader at ANY one point of call has a chance to win. Including, of course, the leader. Just the way it is.
Horse Voice

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 04:02:53 PM »

Hawthorne cancelled after the 3rd race today, due to the prevailing "excessive wind bias".

They REALLY need to fix that -- horses who can't run in the wind have no chance.  Roll Eyes
edwarren

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 04:25:20 PM »

The action in the 3rd was pretty weird. Probably, I guess, a bad signal.

It's the windy city after all. It is windy. My cat got blown clear across the porch, pretty funny to see. And might make for dangerous racing conditions, hitting (or being hit by) a wall of wind.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 04:55:58 PM »

The action in the 3rd was pretty weird. Probably, I guess, a bad signal.

It's the windy city after all. It is windy. My cat got blown clear across the porch, pretty funny to see. And might make for dangerous racing conditions, hitting (or being hit by) a wall of wind.

I made the decision to stay home today and skip the last day of contest since I thought this cancellation might happen. Last I saw on the Haw video Laurajean was still in the lead. Wonder what they did with it? Let's hope they declared her the winner. Then we'd have a real live handicapping contest winner (besides RSR and some others who have won contests) on the forum, and John Frank would be soooooooooooo jealous. Smiley
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 06:20:07 PM »

Hey Horse Shit: Do you actually watch races at the PALACE. All you have to do is be on the rail in strech and YOUR THE F###### WINNER. I did not go to offtrack today. WIND: WHO GIVES A F###. Did they cancel because it was blowing in there f###### face in stretch and front runners would LOSE. Shove that biased track and those who believe you have to know how to handicap speed to win. There is no such thing as handicapping speed when 5 are SPEED. And in that situation a lurker should win. F### your piece of shit biased track.
Horse Voice

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 07:50:50 PM »

Hey Horse Shit:

The first time you reply to me, and you address me like this?

Do you think you are the only bad-ass in the world, you big fat beer-swilling tub of goo?

You sure are the reigning "Internet Tough Guy" on this forum, I'll give you that. "Digital Big Mouth", and "Cyber Boor" -- you have those titles too.

Have another beer, jackass.   
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 08:09:42 PM »

I came in 18. Greg Olson came in 1st. After the 3rd race we had to handicap 4 races from 4 different tracks 10 at Churchill, 6th at Hollywood 5th at Golden Gate and I believe the 7th at Turf Paradise. At least I learned how much I hate to handicap on the fly.  Would have preferred to have had the contest stay at Hawthorne but nothing I can do about it now.  Next week is another chance. 

Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 10:11:28 PM »

Darn, you gave it a good run LauraJean.  Greg Olsen, is he the young fella from Indiana that comes to the Center & the Rebel Enclave, with his brother? 

laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 08:59:06 AM »

Thanks for the kind words. yes he and his brother go to the rebel enclave at Arlington. Came in on the 2nd week and got to 4th place. I have to admire both his handicapping and money management skills.

Steve, are you going to be in the buy-in contest?

Laurajean
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2005, 12:37:40 PM »

Hey Horse Shit: Do you actually watch races at the PALACE. All you have to do is be on the rail in strech and YOUR THE F###### WINNER. I did not go to offtrack today. WIND: WHO GIVES A F###. Did they cancel because it was blowing in there f###### face in stretch and front runners would LOSE. Shove that biased track and those who believe you have to know how to handicap speed to win. There is no such thing as handicapping speed when 5 are SPEED. And in that situation a lurker should win. F### your piece of shit biased track.

You're my hero.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2005, 05:54:16 PM »

Thanks for the kind words. yes he and his brother go to the rebel enclave at Arlington. Came in on the 2nd week and got to 4th place. I have to admire both his handicapping and money management skills.

Steve, are you going to be in the buy-in contest?

Laurajean

Thanks for the info, want to congratulate him next time I see him, that's great news. 

I plan to enter, would have if I'd made it there over the weekend.   I trust you've entered, you've been quite competitive in tournaments so far.   
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2005, 07:07:59 PM »

When I won the 2nd leg I got a free entry into the buy-in contest. There is going to be another contest this Sunday and the top 5 winners all get free entries into the contest. I have learned so much by entering these contests. I am going to see if I can earn another entry.
mark_maegdlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2005, 10:44:23 PM »

Is it too late to enter this Sunday's contest at Hawthorn?  MM
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2005, 11:59:41 PM »

This Sunday, open entry, up until about 12:30 on Sunday, I believe.  I regret that I've only been able to make it twice so far, but I was able to walk-in and enter both times.  Come on out!  Good tournaments!
mark_maegdlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 12:22:33 AM »

Thanks stat man!  Can you bring in Drf, lap top and other tools to the contest?  Thanks again Mark
nwaryas

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2005, 09:47:34 AM »

Aqueduct had problems on Sunday too!
robertv

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2005, 09:52:59 AM »

Thanks stat man! Can you bring in Drf, lap top and other tools to the contest? Thanks again Mark
Mark - Don't want to sound rude but...... why in the world would one not be able to bring
         a Racing Form to a handicapping contest? All handicapping tools are welcome, although I'd
         rather have John Franks at my side for assisitance than any racing software program.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2005, 12:31:16 PM »

Robert V. Can we hook up Sat.morning at Donna's. Is your phone number the same.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »

Thanks stat man!  Can you bring in Drf, lap top and other tools to the contest?  Thanks again Mark

Bring anything you want. If you want to plug in a laptop you probably need to get there kind of early to get a spot by an outlet. There's a few spots like that out in the general 3rd floor table area, but most are in the handicapping center. Don't know if there are outlets in the carrels in front of the big screens?
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2005, 05:20:11 PM »

well for people who dont like the bias im sorry to inform you its probaly only gonna become more prominent the colder the weather gets. like some1 said earlier in the thread tho if you spot 1 ata track take advantage of it. the "new" sportsmans park had 1 and god did i love it, i probaly won literally 75% of the days i bet racing there! if you werent within 2 lengths of the lead turnin for home you had no shot the majority of the time! maybe it was becuase sportsmans had the longest stretch in the biz and people just assumed closers would make up ground in the lane becuz of that i dont know, but for some reason most people never seemed to catch on
robertv

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2005, 08:50:59 AM »

Robert V. Can we hook up Sat.morning at Donna's. Is your phone number the same.

Hello John hope all is well, how's Trackside been treating you? Good I hope.

Let me ask Donna - about this Saturday morning. She hasn't mentioned painting her
place lately- but I'm guessing she still would like it done.

Have you gotten in any more tournaments lately?
themoxiemoo

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2005, 09:45:17 PM »

This is part of the game. Profit from it, or there are 20 other tracks to bet on
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: