Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 05:39:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AP has a new President  (Read 926 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »

People working for Arlington better shape up or ship out.   A retired Marine Colonel and combat veteran now heads up Mr. D's palace.  Roy Arnold just retired after 30 years in the service and brings with him all kinds of leadership skills, so the PR release says.  Unfortunately, the same PR release said nothing about him having any race track experience of any type.  It appears that everybody on BTW outranks him in racing experience.

I guess this is the principle of if you can run KFC, you can run The Gap.  I don't know if this will do any good for Arlington racing, but we should be safe from Al Quaida attacks.  It looks like John Frank and his friends, including any Hawthorne invaders, better be ready to snap to when you come to the Land Beyond O'Hare this summer.
Report to moderator   Logged
TommyCh

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

Will this appointment be as bad as it sounds? They don't even say if the guy PLAYS the horses. Has he ever seen a horse? They shouldn't be so quick to tout his work in Iraq either. We all know how it's going over there. This has to be some sort of payback for something, or he knows somebody. Unbelievable.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

Sounds like the right guy to lead the racing industry's invasion to change/topple the inept/corrupt/unfriendly governmental regime in Springfield, IL!
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 05:20:37 PM »

Hey Stat Man,
                        How about destroying the corrupt & innept leadership of the ITHA first and then marching on to Springfield to take on the bloated politicians and governer Elvis!

Sod
SHNOOGS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 05:55:51 PM »

CANNOT DISCREDIT, WHAT SEEMS TO BE, GREAT LEADERSHIP SKILLS ON ARNOLDS RESUME.  BUT WILL HE REALLY BE RUNNING THE SHOW???
IN KNOWING MR D, I DON'T BELIEVE HE'LL BE GIVING UP THE REIGNS ANYTIME SOON TO ANYBODY.  SOUNDS LIKE MR D NOW HAS A NEW ENFORCER, MUCH LIKE SCOTT MORDELL IN THE 90S.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »

Hey Stat Man,
                        How about destroying the corrupt & innept leadership of the ITHA first and then marching on to Springfield to take on the bloated politicians and governer Elvis!

Sod

Wink Lips Sealed Undecided
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:37:46 PM »

CANNOT DISCREDIT, WHAT SEEMS TO BE, GREAT LEADERSHIP SKILLS ON ARNOLDS RESUME.  BUT WILL HE REALLY BE RUNNING THE SHOW???
IN KNOWING MR D, I DON'T BELIEVE HE'LL BE GIVING UP THE REIGNS ANYTIME SOON TO ANYBODY.  SOUNDS LIKE MR D NOW HAS A NEW ENFORCER, MUCH LIKE SCOTT MORDELL IN THE 90S.

Newbie, I think you are on to something here.
Horse Voice

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »

Maybe he'll order the Racing Secretary to card larger fields on more than just Million Day...it should be a no-brainer, what with the "best" in Illinois track with the best racing days -- and all of that fresh air and sunshine -- they should have no problem outdoing Hawthorne's dismal spring offering...right?
big wally

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »

Where do you suggest these horses come from?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:19:08 PM »

From what I understand of Mr. D's management style, it is very much ex-military anyhow. The new man should fit right in. At least he will be used to carrying out orders without question.
nwaryas

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:27:36 PM »

No more Corporal John Frank running the show. John Frank gets in the way of this guy, he will personally flatten you. I met him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: