Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 03:39:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Woodward  (Read 2150 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »

QR looked awesome stalking the pace and won as easy as he wanted....MTB, with blinkers and Rajiv.....was in 4th down the backside - 4th! - but faded to last......do the right thing for this Derby Champion.....retire him to the Kentucky Horse Park....while he may work bullets in the a.m, his heart is just not into racing anymore.....why keep running him? (jmho)  p.s....easy exacta as well.....QR over Baffert's ship- in who  looked much better on real dirt than synthetics.......$$$$  yea,  I did well today!  maroon
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »

Shaping up to be a great BC Classic!
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »

QR looked awesome stalking the pace and won as easy as he wanted....MTB, with blinkers and Rajiv.....was in 4th down the backside - 4th! - but faded to last......do the right thing for this Derby Champion.....retire him to the Kentucky Horse Park....while he may work bullets in the a.m, his heart is just not into racing anymore.....why keep running him? (jmho)  p.s....easy exacta as well.....QR over Baffert's ship- in who  looked much better on real dirt than synthetics.......$$$$  yea,  I did well today!  maroon
dude I agree MTB Should be flocking at the Horse Park. He derserves that much.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:05:30 PM »

It was a yawner and I love Quality Road. where were Blame and Masket Man?
the only two who have warmed up QR this year (with Blame actually beating QR much to his credit). I want revenge. and all I got was a second rate scalp in mythical power. Guess the big boys didn't want to face QR at even weights. Its why Forego did so well in the woodward year after year. even weights.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »

horse
I think its sad that Lucas thinks hes such a wonderful trainer he can reinvent the wheel with MTB. That little horse should have never been taken away from CW. Now he needs to go to greener pastures and let him live out his life with some dignity...hes a Kentucky Derby Winner and deserves that much.
BirdBrain

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »

horse
I think its sad that Lucas thinks hes such a wonderful trainer he can reinvent the wheel with MTB. That little horse should have never been taken away from CW. Now he needs to go to greener pastures and let him live out his life with some dignity...hes a Kentucky Derby Winner and deserves that much.
Thanks for saying this!  My heart just breaks for that little horse.  He didn't look comfortable in blinkers.  Lukas is trying to force him to stalk the pace, putting in the wrong races.   The list goes on.  I could just cry.

Spent the day @ Arlington today.  Saw Gran Estreno repeat.  Not a huge crowd.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »

MTB needs a listed stake somewhere to get his confidence back. He also needs a new trainer.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »

.MTB, with blinkers and Rajiv.....was in 4th down the backside - 4th! - but faded to last......do the right thing for this Derby Champion.....retire him to the Kentucky Horse Park....

Nice post! The same advice I'm giving to Rachel!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »

the only two who have warmed up QR this year (with Blame actually beating QR much to his credit). I want revenge. and all I got was a second rate scalp in mythical power. Guess the big boys didn't want to face QR at even weights. Its why Forego did so well in the woodward year after year. even weights.

clocker biggestal

Blame is scheduled for the JCGC on Oct 2nd.....

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:43:08 PM »

MTB needs a listed stake somewhere to get his confidence back. He also needs a new trainer.

yea, I thought of this as well......maybe give it a shot or two...but if he fails to hit the board .....horse park!

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »

Nice post! The same advice I'm giving to Rachel!  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

hey mel..at least Rachel can still win AND hit the board!

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 12:39:32 AM »

These Internet nimrods need to learn that connections can run their horse wherever they want.

What's stopping the connections of Quality Road from shipping him to face Blame and Musket?

Second rate scalp? These were WONDERFUL horses!

It might look like ducking, but they're just doing what's right by their horses because they love them so much.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 04:52:46 AM »

These Internet nimrods need to learn that connections can run their horse wherever they want.

What's stopping the connections of Quality Road from shipping him to face Blame and Musket?

Second rate scalp? These were WONDERFUL horses!

It might look like ducking, but they're just doing what's right by their horses because they love them so much.

Terry it was an open grade 1. anyone can enter. That both Blame and Musket man were held out is a disappointment.

oh well they be in the gate on November 7th and QR will exact his revenge on Blame and become HOTY with 4 Grade 1 wins.  dude

There have been 5 grades 1 for older horses routing on dirt this year.

Quality Road won 3.
Blame won 2.

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

How about the Hawthorne Gold Cup , Purse cut, nobody will show up. Easy Spot ?
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »

How about the Hawthorne Gold Cup , Purse cut, nobody will show up. Easy Spot ?

Good Idea. The winner usually goes to the Classic. You know Lukas wants to run in the Classic even though MTB would be 25-1 (unless mudddy  Cheesy).

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 09:34:37 AM »

Terry it was an open grade 1. anyone can enter.

That could not be. The Brick told us the only truly open races are some low level claimers.

That both Blame and Musket man were held out is a disappointment.

That's been my feeling about the defending BC Classic champ not going in at least the Hollywood Gold Cup (2 years), Pacific Classic (2 years), and Big Cap (this year), too, but people just keep telling me they're only doing the right thing by their horse because they love it so much. I figure now that's an excuse that fit all occasions.

oh well they be in the gate on November 7th and QR will exact his revenge on Blame and become HOTY with 4 Grade 1 wins.

Sounds like a nice trifecta (with Musket) to me.

Quality Road won 3.
Blame won 2.

You mean, OPEN races for older horses on REAL dirt, right?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »

Terry, are you serious? lol. What are you going to do if Zenyatta wins the Classic? Jump off a bridge?

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »

Terry, are you serious? lol.

Serious about what? That she ducked the open stakes races in So Cal?

What are you going to do if Zenyatta wins the Classic? Jump off a bridge?

No, I will do nothing at all. I have no emotional stake in the outcome. She's just another horse. If she wins, she wins.

What are you going to do if she loses? Hang, draw, and quarter yourself?
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »

Serious about what? That she ducked the open stakes races in So Cal?

No, I will do nothing at all. I have no emotional stake in the outcome. She's just another horse. If she wins, she wins.

What are you going to do if she loses? Hang, draw, and quarter yourself?

I'll be content if she loses while running a good race and going 21-20-1-0 in her career. You however, will take a beating on here.

sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »

Bird Brain,

Sorry to see that the "coach" has further ruined your little champion.  The owners are so wrong.  MTB should be given to a patient trainer like Barclay Tagg or Billy Turner.  I would love to see him run in the gold cup @ HAW with Inez as the jock.  He needs to be placed in a ungraded stakes or a grade III at most right now to get his confidence back.  As far as yester day goes the box seats section @ AP looked quite empty.

Sod
ZENYATTA

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »

Terry it was an open grade 1. anyone can enter. That both Blame and Musket man were held out is a disappointment.

oh well they be in the gate on November 7th and QR will exact his revenge on Blame and become HOTY with 4 Grade 1 wins.  dude
Quality Road won 3.
Blame won 2.
 clocker biggestal

I think you are wrong on more that one count here.
First off I think mile races are considered " middle distance " not route distance.
Secondly,QR has won only 2 G1 route races this year not 3.

He has still not won a race at 1 1/4 miles facing a full field of horses let alone quality horses.He is certainly vulnerable in the BC Classic.
Horse Voice

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »

He has still not won a race at 1 1/4 miles facing a full field of horses let alone quality horses.He is certainly vulnerable in the BC Classic.

LOL! Change the words "He" into "She"...and you just described Zenyatta before last year's BC Classic!

OOPS!  doh
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »

LOL! Change the words "He" into "She"...and you just described Zenyatta before last year's BC Classic!

OOPS!  doh

She sounds a lot more like Rachel than Zenyatta! laughing guy
ZENYATTA

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »

OOPS!  doh

There are a few big differences which I am sure you are aware of.
Zenyatta had not already lost a mile and qtr race before the Classic.
I do believe QR has mutiple losses at a mile and a qtr.
Zenyatta does not get spooked before a large crowd.QR got spooked last yr and will face an even bigger crowd in tighter surroundings this yr at CD.20-25K at Saratoga does not equal what will be at CD especially if RA and Z are in the Classic.
Horse Voice

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 04:47:51 PM »

There are a few big differences which I am sure you are aware of.
Zenyatta had not already lost a mile and qtr race before the Classic.

That's spin.

A more fair way of saying it is the regular way, that Zenyatta had never been 10 furlongs before, and I don't care if she won by an inch or a mile -- 5/2 was a *terrible* win bet on a female trying 10 panels for the first time against the boys.

(Mel will never understand this, that there are "good bets" and there are "bad bets with good outcomes"; I think you know the difference, Niatross, what with your keen sense of value from years of betting on harness racing.)

I do believe QR has mutiple losses at a mile and a qtr.
Zenyatta does not get spooked before a large crowd.QR got spooked last yr

Do you really believe that this year's edition of QR is the same immature colt we saw last year? Don't tell me that you think QR has no shot to beat Zenyatta!

(If so...man, that Zenyatta flavor of Kool-Aid is some *powerful* stuff...much like the Obama follower's Hopium.)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: