Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 08:40:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldikova trainer says G has faced better than Z  (Read 2503 times)
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »

darn! lol......someone who feels as i do about the breeder's cup.....so few of us do!

this doesn't give you goosebumps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKb6Gwvvdg
Report to moderator   Logged

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »

I was also struck by this:
Because that cuts both ways, as we're seeing. The flip side of that is "we can run her in soft races, elect to never test her save one day a year, and then people on internet forums can run around calling others haters and idiots and know-nothings when they have the audacity to wonder out loud if maybe, just maybe she's not what some people say she is, or wondering out loud what we're missing out on in terms of potential greatness, or starting fights when some look at her OVERALL body of work and the races she's run in and dare to not bow down and call her the best female ever, let alone the best horse ever because she has yet to prove it to them."

And she doesn't have to prove it to them, because it's their right to run her where they want -- just like it's those "internet nimrods'" right to say "hey, what if......?" because of it.

Brian, you're right it does cut both ways. That goes to my larger point of them not caring what everyone else thinks. They are smart enough to realize you can't please everyone, and it is a waste of time to try.

Alas, she has two more races so this debate will never be settled. There will be two camps, and then there will be those of us who reside somewhere in the middle.

Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »

I agree. Zenyatta can run on anything. I doubt Goldikova can run on dirt, synthetics maybe.

LMFAO!!!!!!
Does anything = Cal poly and OP?
She can run on anything just like a $4000 claimer can.
Have a line of coke, Steve.
 beer
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »

I'll be betting against her. Her price will be wayyyyyyy too short for my tastes. ....

Well, I'll tell you what, pick one to beat her and I'll make you a wager. We will even go track odds to be fair. Rip had his ass handed to him last year so I'm ready for all the excuses. laughing guy
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »

Well, I'll tell you what, pick one to beat her and I'll make you a wager. We will even go track odds to be fair. Rip had his ass handed to him last year so I'm ready for all the excuses. laughing guy

Quality road.

Lets go 50 bucks. I get a 50 buck ticket at churchill for you on Zenyatta and you get a 50 buck ticket on Quality Road at the venue of your choice.

deal?

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »

Quality road.

Lets go 50 bucks. I get a 50 buck ticket at churchill for you on Zenyatta and you get a 50 buck ticket on Quality Road at the venue of your choice.

deal?

clocker biggestal
lol, think about what you just said. why wouldnt you just bet your own 50 on quality road?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »

Caveat to everything that follows is the usual one: I'm among the biggest proponents of connections doing whatever they please with their horses. The cheap ones, the good ones, the young ones, the gritty vets -- let them run where they want to run, but that POV does not insulate a team from criticism.

As for the question of "what would you do?"

If you asked that a year ago today, I'd very easily agree with the latter portion. Sound mare who stays healthy, let's take good care of her and keep her winning and do something special. They did, and she did.

But I can't imagine choosing to bring a mare like that back after doing something as spectacular as she did in the Classic last year just to do the same crusty things over and over again. There's a fine balance that can be struck between "we can ship her all over the country and take on males every chance we get" and "we can take some chances to cement her greatness."

The strangest thing is that they specifically said they would NOT do the same thing with her this year, and were going to take her different places to "share her with her fans". I guess that meant one race in Arkansas.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »

I hear she's coming for the Beverly D.

That's what I read on this forum, anyhow. I also read we would be very surprised where she showed up this summer. I guess Hollywood Park is a big surprise to some ...

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »

You said you were leaving.

I knew I could roust him out. trophy Mel's like a bad penny.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »

WOW.... even in a thread about Goldikova and Z....Stevie HAS to knock RA.....

I keep telling you, it's the only way these z-tards can feel good about their horse, by bashing last year's HOTY to try and tear her down so Z looks a little better in comparison. They know the truth of the things I write about Z, and the truth hurts, so they try to hurt their opponents back with the RA stuff, but unfortunately for them, I'm not an RA fan.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »

And she doesn't have to prove it to them, because it's their right to run her where they want -- just like it's those "internet nimrods'" right to say "hey, what if......?" because of it.

YEAH! What Brian said!

Wait ... thoroughbore was calling ME a nimrod? What nimrod(s) respond like trained poodles to my every post?

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »

Just curious, but can you please tell us how you KNOW Zenyatta can run on the turf and Goldikova cannot run on dirt?

It's the same way they "know" she would have won all these races she didn't bother to run in. Same way she won the Apple Blossom the year she didn't run.  screwy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

I don't know how anyone could have said it better.   This was old stuff for so soooo long.

Give it up PLEASE.

It will have life as long as Steve and Mel and Al keep it up. They started it, way back when, and only they can finish it.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »

bob , will you marry me?? 

Hey!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »

lol....didn't really pay attention to who started it...but i guess he needs some scolding!!! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy 

Since the threads were NOT combined, I saw the error of my ways and joined the niatroll school. Start a dumb new Z or RA thread each day. There just can't be enough of them. People love this stuff.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »

Hey!

kidding, terry dear!  maroon

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »

this doesn't give you goosebumps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKb6Gwvvdg

Steve while it was a great race, with one of , if not the best Classic fields ever assembled....it does not give me goose bumps......only 3 races do that......in order of 3rd to 1st.....Secretariat's Belmont, Affirmed and Alydar's Belmont......and the one that brings tears to my eyes...EVERY  time I watch it - Personal Ensign's BC Distaff!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »

Quality road.

deal?

clocker biggestal

Deal! Are we going against each other only? In other words its like a match race at track odds? Or does our horse have to win the race? I'll book your bet at Churchill odds and you book mine.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:03:54 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2010, 11:00:39 PM »

It will have life as long as Steve and Mel and Al keep it up. They started it, way back when, and only they can finish it.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy I haven't said one thing to this gay man, and he supposedly has me on ignore! What gives? Really, he acts little child! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: