Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 04:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BOYCOTT Arlington Park - strike back at IRB  (Read 3940 times)
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 12:03:07 AM »

BOYCOTT Arlington Park....DON'T BET...DON'T GO !!!!

if you must go...dont buy anythihng, and bet other tracks..

FIGHT back against the IRB and their attempt to force us to use our ADW accounts to wager on AP.

*** the IRB...BOYCOTT AP

ESPECIALLY MILLION DAY...lets make this years handle 1/2 or less of last years.
betcha after the arlington meet is over than the,ll allow out of state bets,typical arlington management behind this....to force you all to bet on the pisspoor home product
Report to moderator   Logged
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 06:57:09 AM »

betcha after the arlington meet is over than the,ll allow out of state bets,typical arlington management behind this....to force you all to bet on the pisspoor home product

I think you have it backward. It's the CDI component in AP that has pushed ILL ADW bettors into this spot. It's all about establishing a nat'l ADW model that insures a certain level of profitablity for shareholders "going forward," as they say in corporate-speak. Has nothing to do with forcing play on ILL in ILL.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »

I think you have it backward. It's the CDI component in AP that has pushed ILL ADW bettors into this spot. It's all about establishing a nat'l ADW model that insures a certain level of profitablity for shareholders "going forward," as they say in corporate-speak. Has nothing to do with forcing play on ILL in ILL.

Not only CDI, but all the horsemen and tracks in other states who see ADW's as their opportunity ti totally bypass their former "partner tracks" in various states (the partners who allowed their competing product in to begin, and marketed it to the customers via simulcasts), and suck out all the State handle without having to share any of it with their "partners". Tracks and horsemen in the CDI and Magna families, especially. It's all about diverting Illinois handle and takeout out of Illinois and directly to these other tracks, to the detriment of the Illinois racing program, and Illinois taxpayers.
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »

Janine..you pulled my post to that guy? Really?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 09:59:56 PM »

Janine..you pulled my post to that guy? Really?

I don't think so, which post?  Sometimes I delete posts that quote things that need deleting, but I don't remember doing that.
Stat

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 05:48:33 AM »

I've saved so much money not being able to bet  Del Mar,  I bought a ticket for San Diego.  Now I can lose it live!!
Thanks IRB and all others involved.
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »

The board also approved an amendment to its advance deposit wagering policy. The new rule states that the interstate commission fee on rates that can be charged to Illinois account wagering providers by out-of-state racetracks cannot exceed 9% (the cap was formerly 5%).

“A cap doesn’t mean that’s what you have to pay; it’s just a level you can go up to,” Miller explained. “There’s marquee meets around the country that are at a higher rate—Del Mar and Saratoga (for example) deserve a higher rate than 5%. When we were at a cap of 5%, we weren’t able to take those tracks, because we would be selling their signal short.

“Having a cap at 9% allows you to have good faith negotiations back and forth with all these tracks around the country, and it opens the ability for our patrons to be able to wager on these signals again.”

many thanks to those with the fortitude to bring this event to a pleasant conclusion for all ADW users in Illinois.
and to people like clocker terry, your time would be better spent learning a trade or profession than acting like a little contrary *** on a board like this.

why dont you step up to a mans board like nyratoday.net  where we can teach you about thoroughbred racing and wagering.

doubt you'll show. there, your just a little school girl in a big pond of people who would make your knowlwedge look like the school girls knowledge you actually manage to remember.
now go change your tampon you smell.

thanks again to those who participated in this endeavor.  dude

beer

Certified Derbytologist ©
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »

why dont you step up to a mans board

If it's somewhere featuring you on a regular basis, it would be a definite step DOWN.

doubt you'll show.

You're right about that. I get entirely too much of you right here.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »

The board also approved an amendment to its advance deposit wagering policy. The new rule states that the interstate commission fee on rates that can be charged to Illinois account wagering providers by out-of-state racetracks cannot exceed 9% (the cap was formerly 5%).

“A cap doesn’t mean that’s what you have to pay; it’s just a level you can go up to,” Miller explained. “There’s marquee meets around the country that are at a higher rate—Del Mar and Saratoga (for example) deserve a higher rate than 5%. When we were at a cap of 5%, we weren’t able to take those tracks, because we would be selling their signal short.

“Having a cap at 9% allows you to have good faith negotiations back and forth with all these tracks around the country, and it opens the ability for our patrons to be able to wager on these signals again.”

many thanks to those with the fortitude to bring this event to a pleasant conclusion for all ADW users in Illinois.
and to people like clocker terry, your time would be better spent learning a trade or profession than acting like a little contrary *** on a board like this.

why dont you step up to a mans board like nyratoday.net  where we can teach you about thoroughbred racing and wagering.

doubt you'll show. there, your just a little school girl in a big pond of people who would make your knowlwedge look like the school girls knowledge you actually manage to remember.

beer

Right on the money with the tampon comment.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »

Hooray for women bashing!!!! You go, boy.

thanks again to those who participated in this endeavor.

beer

Wait - weren't you boycotting visits to Arlington? I think it was the 47-percent drop in ADW bets since the cap and its aftermath that motivated change.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »

horse
I just have to wonder how many tampons this guy as taken a whiff of as to know whether or not they smell.....
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »

beer

Go away..you're just another whining loser
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

horse
I just have to wonder how many tampons this guy as taken a whiff of as to know whether or not they smell.....

That was actually a question that occurred to me, as well, but I was hoping the whole thing would just sort of go away. Alas. I think that's a first as far as "insults" on this forum, though, and I thought I had seen pretty much everything. His other place must be quite the gathering of scientists.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: