Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 09:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RA = OVER RATED!!  (Read 3947 times)
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 05:40:06 PM »

Who said anything about LAT's class?

She got pressed every step of the way for the first 8 1/2 furlongs -- that's "pace pressure", whether it comes from a Grade one horse or a nickel claimer.

Is RA one dimensional? It seems Zenyatta is and wins every time. Why can't RA?
Report to moderator   Logged

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »

I've tried not to get into the pissing contests with the Zenyealots, but I couldn't help myself.  Her connections must be kicking themselves for not shutting up the critics and taking this easy score in a G1 at Saratoga beating Rachel in the process.  They also missed out on beating Richard's Kid and a couple other G1 winners for $1 million in their own state yesterday.  

Why? Beating this shit field won't put a feather in your cap, a BC Classic will. RA was running in allowance races and all you blind RA supporters don't know the difference between a quality horse and a decent horse. Rachel is just as good as she was last year, just running against better horses. Today, we found out that she will never get this distance against good horses.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »

Is RA one dimensional? It seems Zenyatta is and wins every time. Why can't RA?

Because no horse gets burned out on the lead by running 17 lengths behind the pack?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »

Who said anything about LAT's class?

I'm referring to Grinder's theory of why horses lose races.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »

Bob B.

Team Zenyatta has the Classic on the Radar. That is the main goal. Who cares about Richards Kid (Who Zenyatta Crushed) and the Fading Star of RA.

I would say you certainly care about RA, having started this thread.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 05:45:28 PM »

I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR RACHEL ALEXANDRA'S NAME MENTIONED IN THE SAME BREATH AS ZENYATTA!

PERIOD!        nyah

And I might add ... you and the other Z-tards are then only ones who do!

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
ZENYATTA

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »

Wow, you ARE dull.

23 3/5, 47 4/5, 112 flat, 137 2/5 -- these are NOT the normal early fractions of a GI race at 10 furlongs.

Do your homework.

I did my homework and you are wrong.I even felt another thread was warranted to show how wrong thsi comment is.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 05:48:20 PM »

The 2009 HOTY appears not to be the same horse this year, maybe last year's accomplishments took to much out of her.
But, you can't argue the fact that, RA was the best horse last year.
You can't take that away from her... trophy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »

The 2009 HOTY appears not to be the same horse this year, maybe last year's accomplishments took to much out of her.

That, of course, has been the point the whole time. What happened last year has nothing to do with this year.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

It might also mean she raced agaisnt and beat nothing last year.

The only thing that cannot be argued is that RA won the Eclipae Award for HOY and 3yo filly in the US.Anything  else is still open for debate
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:55:48 PM by NIATROSS » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 05:53:12 PM »

Wow, you ARE dull.

23 3/5, 47 4/5, 112 flat, 137 2/5 -- these are NOT the normal early fractions of a GI race at 10 furlongs.

Do your homework.

Last year they went 23 4/5, 47 3/5, 111 1/5, 137 flat, what are you smoking? By the way, the winner was tracking the pace close up and finished in 202 1/5 winning by 15+ length's! There goes your theory about abnormal fractions.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »

This time is an embarrassment to this race with those fractions. Big Al was correct, RA can't get the 1 1/4 mile distance and she proved it today. This Beyer fig should be 75!

I'm hearing 95
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 05:54:42 PM »

Who were the best horses she beat last year? That should answer your question about how good she is.  laughing guy
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »

I'm hearing 95

I hope you're kidding? If not, it proves my theory about adding subtracting 10 off of Rachel.
Bob B

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »

Bob B.

Team Zenyatta has the Classic on the Radar. That is the main goal. Who cares about Richards Kid (Who Zenyatta Crushed) and the Fading Star of RA.

That's fine if the BC Classic is their main goal, but they are putting all their eggs in one basket if their goal includes a HOTY Eclipse, because she'll have to win the BC Classic to get that title.  Last year even that wasn't enough to win the title because of her conservative campaign.  This year it will be, but she'll have to win.  Blame and Quality Road would appear to be her main competition this year.  
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 05:57:43 PM »

I'm hearing 95

Sounds about right, based on the time.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 05:58:21 PM »

The final time was slow.

If you understood race shapes, you would know that this race will be rated "fast early, fast middle, slow late".

Actually, the half-mile to the mile was about 50 seconds - I don't think that's "fast middle."
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »

I'm hearing 95

95 BSF sounds a little high. I would think 86-92 would be more like it. It's just a number. That's why I like Zenyatta, She only runs as fast as she needs to. 94 or 112, she'll get the job done and win.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »

In 2009 Rachel was certainly in the same league and has a HOTY Gold Eclipse to prove it.  She won't be in the conversation for HOTY in 2010 so I doubt you'll have to hear any comparisons.  You probably should start putting your needles into the voodoo dolls of Quality Road and Blame, who are the pair that can make Zenyatta runner up in the voting for HOTY in back to back years.

I've tried not to get into the pissing contests with the Zenyealots, but I couldn't help myself.  Her connections must be kicking themselves for not shutting up the critics and taking this easy score in a G1 at Saratoga beating Rachel in the process.  They also missed out on beating Richard's Kid and a couple other G1 winners for $1 million in their own state yesterday.  

Another spot-on post by Bob B.
I'll add one more thing: If she'd won this race (and she would have won by at least five lengths), Z could have gone in the BC Ladies Classic, where she would be odds-on, and still waltzed to HOTY regardless of whether Blame wins out. Now, if Blame wins the JC GC, she will have to beat him in the Classic to guarantee anything.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »

She is not the same horse and I have been saying this all year. Posters attacked me earlier this year when I said that she was not short prior to her first defeat. Horses of the year are not run without the screws being tightened. She was never short. It appears that she is not the same horse but there is nothing to be ashamed of. She was horse of the year and followed it up with some wins this year. I really don't think she is facing better stock this year as some have said. She is an animal. They aren't machines.

Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »

Rachel is just as good as she was last year, just running against better horses.

Like Persistently, you mean? You cancel out your own already weak argument here.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »

I hope you're kidding? If not, it proves my theory about adding subtracting 10 off of Rachel.

Seems high to me, too, but i haven't studied the times throughout the day. As with Saturday, just one two-turn dirt race, which makes figure making next to impossible, i think.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »

Like Persistently, you mean? You cancel out your own already weak argument here.

By his same argument, his own heroine is not as good as she was last year because she's running against far inferior horses while barely winning.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

Another spot-on post by Bob B.
I'll add one more thing: If she'd won this race (and she would have won by at least five lengths), Z could have gone in the BC Ladies Classic, where she would be odds-on, and still waltzed to HOTY regardless of whether Blame wins out. Now, if Blame wins the JC GC, she will have to beat him in the Classic to guarantee anything.

At this stage being undefeated, who cares about HOTY? If She wins the BS Classic again and retires undefeated, history will remember her as the best ever.
buggy

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »

By his same argument, his own heroine is not as good as she was last year because she's running against far inferior horses while barely winning.
Just curious know it all, when has Zenyatta ever won by a lot?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: