Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 05:47:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RA = OVER RATED!!  (Read 3916 times)
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2010, 04:08:06 PM »

how about skip away, holy bull, and heres one that may have beat them all and if you dont believe me watch this.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmiYdsqH2fE    the late, great, dubai millennium
Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »

the best ever that never ran as a 4YO & Up.  

thats how GREAT he truly was.........he broke records as a 3 yr old........he did't need to run at 4........and he ran with not much time between races, unlike today's glorified pretty ponies......

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »

For someone who doesn't care about either mare you sure do post on them quite a bit.

yep.......but only when the zeetardos start their shit......

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »

thats how GREAT he truly was.........he broke records as a 3 yr old........he did't need to run at 4........and he ran with not much time between races, unlike today's glorified pretty ponies......

He also lost to "dogs", how do you equate that into greatness?  laughing guy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »

He also lost to "dogs", how do you equate that into greatness?  laughing guy

mel..i thought you KNEW racing and horses?HuhHuh that has to be one of the dumbest things you have ever said.........look up 'great horses of the 20th century' sometime......i'm sure you now how to spell s-e-c-r-e-t-a-r-i-a-t.........you have this inane obsession with
 a)..being undefeated....so that must make pepper's pride as good as zenyatta..wow...cool

b) winning 'grade 1 ' races.......do you READ the racing publications???  listen to the pros??? they are pretty much in agreement that there are far too many 'grade1's nationwide nowadays and very few 'grade 1' horses to fill them.......even the handicappers talk about  it ......'well, he /she ran 2nd the grade 1 yada yada...but you know how that goes with the grading system nowadays'......it must burn you that a horse like secretariat is known as the greatest of our time and he didn't even race in then graded grade 1's.....and MTb won the derby last yr so the ungraded sunland park derby gets a grade...boy it sure affected this yr's triple crown bang head bang head

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

mel..i thought you KNEW racing and horses?HuhHuh that has to be one of the dumbest things you have ever said.........look up 'great horses of the 20th century' sometime......i'm sure you now how to spell s-e-c-r-e-t-a-r-i-a-t.........you have this inane obsession with

I thought you had some horse knowledge. Tell me how the GREATEST horse ever loses to the garbage he lost to? PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

I thought you had some horse knowledge. Tell me how the GREATEST horse ever loses to the garbage he lost to? PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

why not ask the pros?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh the trainers who faced him, the riders who were utterly left breathless when he whooshed by them .......i never knew you were this ignorant......

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »

he is the greatest horse imho because of HOW he did it......he set records ,he raced 2 wks apart, he raced on dirt and grass......as a THREE yr old..........and hate to tell you...but there are ALOT of racing fans who feel the way i do.........you don't get it....zen is a great MARE.....her record is amazing.......but there will always be the * for running the same weak fielded cali poly races 2-3 yrs in a row and beating nothing (i didn't know they were for cal bred mares!) and the non shipping except to oaklawn that will keep her from being the greatest horse ever......even if she wins the classic.....BUT.,.she will become one of the greatest MARES ever.......the pros will tell you that.....

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »

why not ask the pros?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh the trainers who faced him, the riders who were utterly left breathless when he whooshed by them .......i never knew you were this ignorant......

He's just performing his usual forum bozo act.

Sure does seem to have a lot of spare time away from the important business of putting together world-shaking deals this week. Perhaps it really is a zeetardo holiday.

Here's a photo from their last "group holiday" Wink outing.

Mel in front, and from L-R rear: OTB, chitownsteve, niatroll, and thoroughbred
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »

Is Secretariats trainer a pro? Here's what he said:

"Ruffian was undefeated in her first ten races covering a distance from 1.5 miles with an average winning margin of 8 1/3 lengths. Secretariats trainer Lucien Laurin once said, Ruffian may even be better than Secretariat."

Just think what he would say about Zenyatta! After November all the "pros" will be saying she is the best ever.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »

Here are some quotes from a DRF article:

"Yet the contrast with year's Woodward couldn't have been more telling. On that day, with thousands of people sporting pink "Rachel" buttons and roaring their encouragement, the filly delivered a heroic performance. She was subjected to intense pressure from quick older males, raced those rivals into abject defeat, and then held resolutely when the powerful finisher Macho Again made a late run at her. Sunday she couldn't cope with the early pressure of a lesser filly nor withstand the stretch run of an obscure allowance-class animal."

"Jackson and Asmussen will have a difficult decision to make about their filly's future. The trainer would only say that he and the owner will "evaluate who she is and where she's at." Her main objective, supposedly, had been the Breeders' Cup Classic at Churchill Downs and a showdown with Zenyatta, but that seems utterly unrealistic now. Aiming her for the Ladies' Classic would seem beneath her dignity if Zenyatta does challenge males in the main event."

Duh? Beneath what dignity? She was never the kind of horse to compete in the Classic.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »

Is Secretariats trainer a pro? Here's what he said:

"Ruffian was undefeated in her first ten races covering a distance from 1.5 miles with an average winning margin of 8 1/3 lengths. Secretariats trainer Lucien Laurin once said, Ruffian may even be better than Secretariat."

Just think what he would say about Zenyatta! After November all the "pros" will be saying she is the best ever.

the best MARE ever, yes......

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

Thanks Janine for showing your true colors. First you try and defend your pal or lover or whatever the hell he is to you, Clockerterry, and make a complete jackass out of yourself in the process. Then you allow him to put up pictures to make fun of people which is humorous and when I put one up in return you remove it. Whats with the Nazi censorship? John Frank was right about you, I just didn't see it until now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:19:27 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »

I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR RACHEL ALEXANDRA'S NAME MENTIONED IN THE SAME BREATH AS ZENYATTA!

PERIOD!        nyah

Then STOP always doing it........ bang head bang head bang head

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

the best MARE ever, yes......

Maybe...who does she look like though? Wink
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »

Maybe...who does she look like though? Wink

well....i could name a few her butt looks like.......

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »

well....i could name a few her butt looks like.......

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »

Then STOP always doing it........ bang head bang head bang head

Really, honest to God he posted that, and then immediately (along with his whole gang of zeetardos) went on a two day drunken-sailor binge of mentioning them in the same breath that, as of now, shows no sign whatsoever of abating.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:09 AM »

how about skip away, holy bull, and heres one that may have beat them all and if you dont believe me watch this.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmiYdsqH2fE    the late, great, dubai millennium

I agree with you 100%, horses who can run with the best on turf and dirt are in my opinion the best in the world.... Dubai Millennium, Singspiel, Giant's Causeway, Swain, etc.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »

Really, honest to God he posted that, and then immediately (along with his whole gang of zeetardos) went on a two day drunken-sailor binge of mentioning them in the same breath that, as of now, shows no sign whatsoever of abating.

Going on day three of the binge, I see, as they were up 'n at it before I ever woke up.
 laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »

how about skip away, holy bull,

Holy Bull?
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »

WoW, forgot about that effort in 2000.  Wonder what the comment in his PP's read....."With complete authority"?

The more you bet...the more you win
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2010, 11:16:05 AM »

Now here is a horse that can set the pace, and finish like a deep closer!  thumbs up
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »

Holy Bull?
not good enough for you marcus. ok take out holy bull and ghostzapper draws in off the also eligible list.  He deserves a shout.  is that better?
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »

Slow last quarter, no doubt.

If she was loose on the lead with those numbers, yeah, I'd say she stopped badly, but that's what happens when horse who has no chance to win (LAT) goes and takes all the sting out of the frontrunner. You and I have both seen it a million times.

Rachel has become a victim of her running style, plain and simple -- someone will always be at her throat latch early, setting it up for some piece of shit to come and get her late.

To deny this is to fully admit that you don't understand a whit about pace, and pace pressure.
100% correct HV...thats the same scenario that cost Smarty Jones the TC.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: