Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 01:27:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A clever article about a not so funny topic !!!  (Read 682 times)
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »

Come on guy's, ante up !!!!!!!!!!

I'm saving the Meadowlands
Friday, July 23, 2010 - by Frank Cotolo

Finally, I think I may be able to do something to serve the sport that has served me so well over three decades. I am taking action.

Though I am not entirely sure, I may be able to form a group of investors that will raise the $1 needed to lease the Meadowlands and keep harness racing at the landmark facility. In these ruptured economic times--the very times that allow the state of New Jersey to seriously consider getting out of the horse racing business--it is going to take time, toil and trouble, but I feel positive that I may be able to pull this off.

One of my friends, a wealthy fellow whose business has been pelted during these business-pelting years, has already agreed to be a partner; he has committed 13 cents. That commitment made me realize I could do this.

A few cents here and a few cents there and before you know it we are talking a dollar. After all, the percentages count more than the raw numbers; that is how a gambler gets in the black.

Today I will approach an acquaintance of mine who once loved New Jersey so much he lived there. I am going to convince him to buy a share for 10 percent. Hell, it’ll only cost him the price of a dime superfecta to help save a track that has been an international force for his former residence.  

By afternoon I should have 23 cents, almost 25 percent of the needed money. Wait, the phone is ringing...

Word is out. That was a friend of a friend of a friend who once owned a piece of a trotter that raced at the Meadowlands. He heard about my campaign and wants to invest 17 cents. Yes, the math is becoming complicated, but it doesn’t faze me. I won’t let the state government use the Meadowlands as a political example of saving money when the state government costs more to run than one of the world’s greatest harness racing arenas.

Where am I? Yes, I have raised 53 cents (percent). When I have the total dollar I am going to personally march to the governor’s office in Trenton (why doesn’t he move that to Passaic to save money?) and deliver the dollar.

It won’t be long now.

I agree with Leo McNamara of the SBOANJ. He said that if the state gives up the Meadowlands, the harness racing industry would step up and run it. The SBOANJ itself is “working on making that happen.”

In any way all of us can, everyone should help. Excuse me, the phone is ringing.

Editor's Note: The views contained in this column are that of the author alone, and do not necessarily represent the opinions or views of the United States Trotting Association.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:36:11 PM by Homestretch » Report to moderator   Logged
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »

Lets say I give the guy 10 cents, so now I own 10% of the losses which will be in the millions
Report to moderator   Logged
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 03:19:55 PM »

Lets say I give the guy 10 cents, so now I own 10% of the losses which will be in the millions
Should be no problem for you !!!!!!
 laughing guy
vaporize

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

Maybe the Federal government can get bail-out money into the Meadowlands...They still have 1/2 of the earmarked money available.
Homestretch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

Maybe the Federal government can get bail-out money into the Meadowlands...They still have 1/2 of the earmarked money available.
Nah !!!
We can handle it ourselves !!
$1.00 is all we need
 laughing guy
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 06:40:09 AM »

let the drivers put up thier money... they are the only ones actually making anything!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: