Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 05:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 1725 times)
John Frank

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:38:37 PM »

The beautiful Hawthorne Palace. I plays me a pic 3. Cost $10.00. I play 2 X 5 X 1. This is races 6-8. I have the 9 singled in the 8th. 3 times they show payoffs for pic 3. The 9 pays $520. There are no scratches. Grant it I get half minus takeout. I go to collect and am given $118.10. WHO *** THIS ONE UP AT THE SHITHOLE.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:29:53 PM »

The beautiful Hawthorne Palace. I plays me a pic 3. Cost $10.00. I play 2 X 5 X 1. This is races 6-8. I have the 9 singled in the 8th. 3 times they show payoffs for pic 3. The 9 pays $520. There are no scratches. Grant it I get half minus takeout. I go to collect and am given $118.10. WHO f***ED THIS ONE UP AT THE SHITHOLE.

Most likely you read it wrong, John Frank. $520 payoff for a $7.00 / $8.80 / $10.20 sequence would have been way out of line. The $239.80 it paid is even generous.

On the other hand, the $8.80 / $10.20 / $8.80 for 7-9 paid a very generous $501.60. Sure you weren't seeing the payoffs for the Pick 3 ending with the 9th? (Although, the 9 might would have been lower as the favorite).
Horse Voice

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:41:28 PM »

It's an easy mistake to make, John -- after 15 - 20 beers, the amount $239.80 *always* looks like $520 to me.

Have another beer, jackass.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »

I knows what I saw. This is also verified by suicide Al. 10 days ago as I was leaving I gave him $10.00. I said make us some money with this. He lost. Today,he shoots me a $10.00 and says same thing. He sits with me and I use it for that pic 3. WE BOTH SAW THE FUTURE PAYOFFS for the 8th race 3 different times. Some one *** up and it was not me.
off stride

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:58 PM »

congrats on your hit, you have some well named friends, do us a favor and post some of your friends nicknames all in one post
First Samurai

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 08:44:46 AM »

a short list of the ones I've met.
Crazy Jerry
Beer Belly Bob
Trifecta Tommy
Chiro Mike
Heroin Mike
Dick the Milkman
Fatman
Tommy Tommy
Doc
Mayor Downes
Cabby
Broke Bill
The Black Cat
Wheel Man
Sun Tan Tommy
Jumper
Many more but that's off the top of my head. John see you at Trackside today.

Turn the page.......
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 08:54:57 AM »

Crazy Jerry
Beer Belly Bob
Trifecta Tommy
Chiro Mike
Heroin Mike
Dick the Milkman
Fatman
Tommy Tommy
Doc
Mayor Downes
Cabby
Broke Bill
The Black Cat
Wheel Man
Sun Tan Tommy
Jumper

Tommy Tommy must not have a lot interesting going on to be nicknamed Tommy Tommy. Maybe John could change his name to Vanilla Tommy.
robertv

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 11:33:19 AM »

Crazy Jerry
Beer Belly Bob
Trifecta Tommy
Chiro Mike
Heroin Mike
Dick the Milkman
Fatman
Tommy Tommy
Doc
Mayor Downes
Cabby
Broke Bill
The Black Cat
Wheel Man
Sun Tan Tommy
Jumper

Good morning John - just back from  Florida ( Best Buy convention) ........

Debating whether to go to Trackside or on track today, I'd go to
Trackside for two reasons - to see you and Billy of course and for a
more selfish reason - to throw that scrawny fey liitle freak Nick headfirst
out the second floor window Smiley

Anyhow, nicknames let's not forget:

Drug Scottie or Banker Bob ( Chiro Mike's friend)

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »

Do the posters here have Trackside nicknames?

What's John Frank's and robertv's? I assume Nick is "Nick the Kid". How about APCD Dan? Is he "Dan the Hat"?
off stride

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »

we know you as...'clocksucker terry'
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 06:39:27 PM »

APCD Dan - is Popcorn Dan or Dan the popcorn man!!
First Samurai

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 08:43:50 PM »

milkman, broke bill, doc, suntan tommy and John Frank were all present. Billy (Mayor) is at GP for 2 weeks. Add Capt. Dan to the list who was there also.

Turn the page.......
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »

milkman, broke bill, doc, suntan tommy and John Frank were all present. Billy (Mayor) is at GP for 2 weeks. Add Capt. Dan to the list who was there also.

Is Dick the Milkman the friend of Suntan Tommy? Good looking guy with gray hair, always smiling and friendly, never a bad thing to say about anything or anyone?
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 10:17:26 PM »

That might be Dick The Milkman. He has been at Hawthorne until today. He won $2,000 today and was going to head to Hawthorne tomorrow. I said come back to trackside. He said everyday I go down there they give me a extra $400.00 on bets. That,s nothing to him though. Back to original thread: The shithole kept posting payofs for the 3 in the 7th race. That horse was brought down on inquirey and the 9 was put up. Yet shit hole kept on showing payoffs as if the 3 had won the 7th.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 10:54:56 PM »

ClockerTerry. Tommy Tommy is called that becuse his name is Tom Thomas. Retired rich investment broker who's wife is a very successful lawyer.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 11:01:33 PM »

Offstride: I will add tomorrow. And I ain't makin up names. I know everyone at track. I don't use their real names. I give everyone a nickname that fits. Just as a example. Tracks. There's Oaklawn Bobby and Saratoga Charlie. Trust me when I list tommorrow or Monday you will know everyone that attends Arlington.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 11:47:14 PM »

Just some tidbits for Clockerterry. Since you could not fiqure out Tommy Tommy. A little quiz: (1) Diamond Bob. What do you expect his occupation to be? Deerslayer George. What do you think he does in spare time hunting season? Bret the BETTOR. I think you can fiqure that one out.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 12:29:47 AM »

And then there's Car Auction, Second Hand Dealer,Frankie The Mouth,Back Room Rick,Lips,Frank The Shitter,Harold The Trainer,Irish Mac,Aqueduct Howard,Long Hair Tony,Fat Lover Kroll,Asthmetic,Big Al,3 finger Larry,Superfecta Kenny,Jimmy the Bartender,Buffalo Bill,Chevrolet Mike. Enough for tonight. More tomorrow.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 12:37:43 AM »

John Frank pointed out another with an interesting name at Trackside today.  Suicide Al is a strange-looking guy who supposedly unsuccessfully tried to commit suicide three times.  John said the guy is working on a 4th time.

The names at my table are pretty simple.  We have two Jim's, so we have Jim No. 1 and Jim No. 2.  I could be Popcorn Dan, I guess.  After the popcorn is consumed, the container becomes the official holder for dead tickets for the table.  This is a useful service that I offer, but one that does not add to my popularity.

Trackside is a very social place, but through the smoke I saw the board with the countdown of 41 days until Arlington opens, so the social scene is coming to an end.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 01:10:28 AM »

Tatoo Arlington Billy,BlackHawk Tommy,Collecter Vern,Jamacin Boy,Crystal Lake Bob,Jumper Len,Softball Sam,Rhine the Charger. Plenty more later.
David

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 02:20:53 AM »

Is Dick the Milkman the friend of Suntan Tommy? Good looking guy with gray hair, always smiling and friendly, never a bad thing to say about anything or anyone?

If this friendly guy sits in the first row at AP at the Clubhouse turn, and that sounds like who you are describing,  his name is Dennis - well do to guy - overly friendly to all - sneaks beer in every day under his jacket even though he could easily afford to buy, have heard him called Gatorade Dennis - not sure why.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: