Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 12:36:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HORSE DONATION FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH  (Read 459 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: July 07, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »

ok, heres the deal.....last fall, my friend donated her then 3 yr old TB to Cornell Univ......Dr Ducharme, et al.....for a 'test' project.....my friend got paperwork from cornell to use the donation as a tax write off for 6 grand...th filly had knee surgery when she was two to remove chips....when she breezed or raced, she came back sore and was lame the next day.....so she was donated....now....this morning, my friend gets an email from someone who ran across an old for sale ad she has posted online to sell the filly like last oct......and this person told her that all of the horses that were in the lameness test project were euthanized afterwards for tax laws.......now, 1) does this even sound legit  2) would 'mighty' cornell stoop this low and have 'witnesses'?  does anyone have any knowledge of this type of thing being done?? i told her, she has no idea what they did to those knees.....she very well could have been a cripple in dire pain 24/7 when they were done...so my friend contacted one of our local news stations and wants them to send reporters to ithaca and investigate ......i feel bad for her, i do, but she donated the filly.......and the filly was not 100% sound....and she was not that well bred so would not have made a good broodmare....so when you send your lame/sick horse off to a place like cornell.....i would think you were supposed to forget about the animal for the most part because they are going to a TEST project.....how do people think their current horses get treated for their injuries and illnesses without previous TEST project horses doing the dirty work? No one made her donate the filly....you love her that much, keep her as a pet....and i LOVE all animals , but she wants me to side with her on this one and be interviewed if it comes to that and i don't feel that way.....
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 06:49:01 AM »

***UPDATE*****.....the filly is NOT dead! she is in the orthopedic program till end of august......dr du had staff go LOOK for the horse yest( found in a pasture with her pals, looking fat and happy) as he found no record of her being euthanised yet, even tho she is scheduled to be in sept.....the office sec  'assumed' she was put to death as the breathing study she was originally in is over.....dr du called my friend back last night...the release to the school form he faxxed her when the horse was vanned to the school last fall was NOT signed by her....she can't make out the sig, it might be her trainer, altho if he READ it, he never would have signed the horse's death sentence as he won't race any horse that has 'issues' and tries to place them in good homes as was what he tried to do when he told her cornell was there looking for test horses...according to dr du, they used to place them after study's end...but the tax laws changed in 2009 and now they euthanize...her trainer was not aware of this change......in any case, she did not authorize that form so it's null and void and she has a home for the horse as a broodmare for nj breds and the man who wants her(who is the one who emailed on her ad from last fall that she forgot about and started all this yest lol)) is going to make a monetary donation to cornell for tax purposes and the filly will be picked up on sept 1st! happy endings all around!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:56:58 AM by Alpha Mare » Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: