Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 06:53:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STAKE PAYMENT REMINDERS  (Read 823 times)
Dan Nance

« on: March 23, 2006, 12:40:11 AM »

ATTENTION HORSEMEN!!!!!!

Make sure your stake payments are all in on time this year because there will be no past posting of stake payments this year by Dr. Phil Langley the esteemed President of the USTA and the Director Of Racing at Balmoral and Maywood Park.

A close watch is being conducted this time by several horseman and the IHHA to make sure that Phil doesn't past post any stake payments for his friends and trainers he likes.

This year horseman must pay into the stakes program even if they feel their 2 yr olds might just be rats. There will be no crying to Phil if you discover that your 2yr old is a monster and you failed to meet the due dates for all stake payments. 
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:42:17 AM »

ATTENTION HORSEMEN!!!!!!

Make sure your stake payments are all in on time this year because there will be no past posting of stake payments this year by Dr. Phil Langley the esteemed President of the USTA and the Director Of Racing at Balmoral and Maywood Park.

A close watch is being conducted this time by several horseman and the IHHA to make sure that Phil doesn't past post any stake payments for his friends and trainers he likes.

This year horseman must pay into the stakes program even if they feel their 2 yr olds might just be rats. There will be no crying to Phil if you discover that your 2yr old is a monster and you failed to meet the due dates for all stake payments. 

I thought it was all name changes and fillies that were "past posted" last year?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 12:00:05 PM »

ATTENTION HORSEMEN!!!!!!

Dan:

Many horsemen I spoke to are extremely upset and somewhat skeptical about the entire stake payment scam questioning the antics that happened last year.   Some don't know what to do and want to stake their steeds but cannot be assured if they will get bent over again.  It's all a terrible mess, once again at the hands of track management and their staff. 

How in the hell can you send stake payments into Phil Langley with confidence knowing that there is a good chance you will be competing against one of the Johnston family or his own horses?  It's absolutely one big joke.  When will the governing body stand up and say enough is enough?  These people have shown over the years that they cannot be trusted and with the corruption and past posting of stake payments that went on last year alone, how can any owner feel confident that it won't happen again this year?  Dan, I even heard that one horseman who is a friend of Mr. Langley’s was allowed to nominate his colt on May 20th and backdate the check to March 14th.  What a shame that the stake program now has the smell of corruption. 

Please keep us informed if you hear anything more but I have a gut feeling that you will see a huge decrease in stake payments this year do to the fact of many owners being uncertain about who will be allowed to make their payment, and when they will be allowed to do it?  Not a pretty sight, to say the least.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:36:08 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 01:03:05 PM »

Dan:

Many horsemen I spoke to are extremely upset and somewhat skeptical about the entire stake payment scam questioning the antics that happened last year.   Some don't know what to do and want to stake their steeds but cannot be assured if they will get bent over again.  It's all a terrible mess, once again at the hands of track management and their staff. 

How in the hell can you send stake payments into Phil Langley with confidence knowing that there is a good chance you will be competing against one of the Johnston family or his own horses?  It's absolutely one big joke.  When will the governing body stand up and say enough is enough?  These people have shown over the years that they cannot be trusted and with the corruption and past posting of stake payments that went on last year alone, how can any owner feel confident that it won't happen again.  Dan, I even heard that one horseman who is a friend of Mr. Langley’s was allowed to nominate his colt on May 20th and backdate the check to March 14th.  What a shame that the stake program now has the smell of corruption. 

Please keep us informed if you hear anything more but I have a gut feeling that you will see a huge decrease in stake payments this year do to the fact of many owners being uncertain about who will be allowed to make their payment, and when they will be allowed to do it?  Not a pretty sight, to say the least.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)

Joe
          The Tavern Talk race, past posting stake payments, writting a nw to be claimed for 20K,the Katie Belle race, what else can you think of that management has pulled?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 01:41:38 PM »

Joe
          The Tavern Talk race, past posting stake payments, writting a nw to be claimed for 20K,the Katie Belle race, what else can you think of that management has pulled?

Pulled...it's the tip of the proverbial iceberg.  This past-posting of stakes payments has been going since Moses was in short pants.  To see the clueless Berry get home one lousy horse - that being Third Day - made me sprint to the nearest garbage can to heave.  The Gestapo thrives on conflicts of interest, teacher's pet syndrome, and borderline incompetency.  An influential owner I met with this week won't invest one red cent in IL racing.  He's putting his pesos in NY, PA, NJ, and even IN breads in fear of funny business being pulled in the racing offices of Gestapoville.  Even if his IN bred is "common", it will race in the NW-2/CL down there for a $5,000 purse and have a tag of $9,375 or so.  Add in the 12% bonus for IN bred, and you've got a good chance to make money with the horse.  Tell your state reps to either tax the hell out of the tracks to get the owners here to sell or close down; or give them the pacifier that is slots and let them wallow in those piles of dirty coins.  Either way, we won't have to stand for this aura of general malaise any longer.   trotter  TC
off stride

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 01:43:10 PM »

peso's? tell me you had lunch with abtruth. paco and enrique!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 01:52:50 PM »

peso's? tell me you had lunch with abtruth. paco and enrique!
Where the hell is Abtruth when you need him ?  Paco and Enrique probably are teaching him proper grammar and spelling - LOL.   trotter  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:07:09 PM »

how much cash did langley steal now?
he is the most corrupt guy in all of chiacgo harness racing...
when is langley going to retire?...
...as soon as the Snook Inn has that mysterious fire and the insurance check clears.   trotter  TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: