Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 14, 2014, 11:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngs Tower Update  (Read 6310 times)
john

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2006, 01:08:22 PM »

Mike Bozich, are you guys going to have that incredible radio show again this year. That was the best show and deserves to be on Television like Horsin Around in Chicago. You and the Moose are my favorites. Cant wait to watch Youngs Tower at Hazel Park and see you guys. Thanks for the kind words.

Tough business and interested observer thank you also for your input. They are very kind words. Heck, I dont care whether the words are kind or not, I like the truth. Believe me I own some bad horses but Youngs Tower keeps my weeks very fun.

Mike, You should line up Rebekah Swinko for your radio show, shes an awesome trainer. Like many trainers across the country, she busts her butt 24/7 with my horses.

Its time to start giving all the lady trainers some credit, casie coleman, rebekah swinko, and donna lee ozment to mention only a few great lady trainers.

Mike Bozich, its an honor to have your input on this website. Thank you for giving us your time. There are some great people who post on this site. Very passionate people in the harness business. Some of the stuff gets ugly, but in any business theres an ugly side or ugly people. If this site can clean up just a little bit like Joe Dakuras was trying to do it would be spectacular.

Hey Mike, any chance edward william can do a guest spot on wanting to be an announcer. Hes got some skills calling races. I'd like to have someone throw him a bone !!!
Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »

Mike Bozich, are you guys going to have that incredible radio show again this year. That was the best show and deserves to be on Television like Horsin Around in Chicago. You and the Moose are my favorites. Cant wait to watch Youngs Tower at Hazel Park and see you guys. Thanks for the kind words.

Tough business and interested observer thank you also for your input. They are very kind words. Heck, I dont care whether the words are kind or not, I like the truth. Believe me I own some bad horses but Youngs Tower keeps my weeks very fun.

Mike, You should line up Rebekah Swinko for your radio show, shes an awesome trainer. Like many trainers across the country, she busts her butt 24/7 with my horses.

Its time to start giving all the lady trainers some credit, casie coleman, rebekah swinko, and donna lee ozment to mention only a few great lady trainers.

Mike Bozich, its an honor to have your input on this website. Thank you for giving us your time. There are some great people who post on this site. Very passionate people in the harness business. Some of the stuff gets ugly, but in any business theres an ugly side or ugly people. If this site can clean up just a little bit like Joe Dakuras was trying to do it would be spectacular.

Hey Mike, any chance edward william can do a guest spot on wanting to be an announcer. Hes got some skills calling races. I'd like to have someone throw him a bone !!!
John, good post.  What does it say about the Johnsons and the other track owners here that a track like Hazel (no offense intended) can have radio show tie-ins, results/entries put in the local papers, and here their is now NO publicity regarding inside looks at the races, particularly harness racing.  If this doesn't indicate that the owners want to clearly depress their product from within to achieve a Springfield bailout, I couldn't think of what else the reasons for no coverage might be.  Of course, when world-leading trainers are chronic abusers of the anti-drug laws of good horse training, then I suppose I wouldn't want to advertise the shame either.  Maybe emp can get the ball rolling here, showing a world-leading trainer stroll to the window and play a magic $100 TRI wheel, all the while for some reason not yet explained by governing bodies why his name is no longer down as trainer in IL, but he's free to have access to all the grounds, has no 24 hour barn supervision for his steeds, and can come and go as he pleases while under investigation for MULTIPLE offenses, with Cocaine positives, caffeine positives, and Indomethacin positives - all in recent times.  Hmm...it's coming into focus now.   trotter  TC
john

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »

No FM Open this week 
off stride

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »

you scared em all away already...
off stride

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »

just checked the opening week condition sheets for hazel park and they were a disappointment .. invite paces going for 12k and bottom purse is 2000 for a 4000 claimer .. looks like if you own a horse in michigan you better be prepared to leave the state to race for any real money .. and you guys in chicago think you have it bad..
http://hazelparkraceway.com/Pages_Racing/ent_res.html
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »

Thanks for the 'Bad News!'   I'm somewhat in shock to see those same condition sheets you referenced.   Unbelievable but you are right about leaving Michigan to race for more meaningful money elsewhere.   That's what we have Ontario or Ohio for!   My God, Northville's low end purses are $2700-2900.   Hazel purses for $2,000 on the low end?   Wouldn't suprise to see Jackson beat that.  Pass the Maalox with a dash of Pepto Bismol and some Excedrin, please.  What's even worse is they are continually heavy on the 3-5 year old bracket, thus virtually forcing people to race for a tag if their horse is beyond 5 years old.   Terrible.  Forces people to seek other opportunities.  If they wind up claiming there aren't enough horses, they're wrong - they need to change the conditions (and of course the purses!).   They need more condition races for all ages and let's hope this paltry purse structure will rise as it did at Northville and even Sports Creek.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: