Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 09:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngs Tower Update  (Read 6361 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2006, 05:04:40 PM »

edward, thanks, if you can get that video up. If you could get a couple others: 1. from hawthorne 6/5/05 when she was 1st over and used to give parklane the perfect trip, except parklane lost. 1:51.3. 2. 11/13/05 in the matchmaker stakes, never seeing the wood and winning. Eric wouldnt let her go by and made it hard on her. I wasnt happy that night with eric. But, I do think, Eric Goodell is one of the best drivers in the country. I'd love to see him at the Big M with quality horse. He'll prove he's the best. By the way, Rebekah is an awesome trainer. She works so hard in Michigan and her training percentages put her in the top 10 in the country. 

The video from last night should be working at the link above.  As far as the others, I'll work on them either late afternoon or tomorrow.  There's bball to be watched Wink

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Busted Out

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »

hey john, kiss my ass u scumbag. haha  hows jim eaton doing? haha is it time to change trainers yet.  haha ask jim eaton how about how he fixed races with sid and j papa.  they no hes a scumbag like u.  now eaton and u can squeal on everyone at the track and be just like duncan.  way to go john, time for another trainer chage. haha    
Dan Nance

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »

SCOTT WAS EVEN BETTER

• Huh
Tsunami

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2006, 05:19:32 PM »

• Huh
SCOTTY NANCE
njhorseman

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2006, 05:32:07 PM »

Congratulations to her connections on a really gutsy race. However, she was just awful on the turns. Racing on that tight half miler is going to do her no good in the long run.
Dan Nance

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2006, 05:41:53 PM »

SCOTTY NANCE

SCOTTY NANCE SHOULD BE TRAINING " YOUNG'S TOWER " JOHN EDDY DRIVING

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 05:47:03 PM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
john

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »

thanks Edward, the video was awesome. Any chance of those other videos ??
your the best
Dan Nance

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »

Congratulations to her connections on a really gutsy race. However, she was just awful on the turns. Racing on that tight half miler is going to do her no good in the long run.

Paul
          Just watched the replay. Man, you were right, was she bad on the turns. I know one thing if I owned or trained her she wouldn't be racing on a half mile track for me.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2006, 06:20:05 PM »

thanks Edward, the video was awesome. Any chance of those other videos ??
your the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QHMXJVevKMs

The Hawthorne start should be there shortly.

GO LSU!

Best,
Ew

john

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2006, 06:26:48 PM »

Dan and Paul, shes won many races on that same half mile track. Last year 10 times. The info. from NJ was she was on the left line bad. Well she wasnt. actually she was on the right line. thats why she looked so bad in the turns. Why dont you watch all her races on that track and tell me how bad she is on the turns. Most of the time I agree with dan and paul, but in this case you guys need a lot more info. before you make those judgements. She made over 100,000 last year racing at Northville and Hazel. Good luck to you guys.
Where is Off Stride to watch the video.
Dan you need to watch Northville more, it is not a 4th class track. The open goes for 15,000 and the mares go for 12,500.   
john

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »

edward william, without you and your help to us posters, this forum would be shit. Thanks for the video from Hawthorne and the video from Northville last night that is on page 3 of this topic. All I ask is one more favor. The matchmaker stakes on 11/13 at raceway park for 15,000.
off stride

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2006, 06:38:44 PM »

she did what she likes to do. just race on the outside..'getting a faceful of that good michigan air'.. but all this talk of half mile tracks comes to an end real soon ,, hazel opens in 2 weeks .. just 1 more week and nvlle goes to bed for a summer .. the track at nvlle can be one of the worst surfaces to race on, passing lane is usually quiksand .. and the surface itself gets rather loose .. to me nvlle is more of a 'horses for courses track' a lot of good stock just dont do well there .. its amazing that of the 3 half milers in the area  maywood..nvlle..nfld, there are very few similarities in the tracks and they differ greatly in racing
off stride

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2006, 06:45:53 PM »

john.. for the matchmaker .. i was on the wire outside ..saw the race live. she raced  better then and that mile in the bad weather up at london were the 2 best i saw of her.. both with art.. however i think that goodell is best when you get him .. if you get any trotters ..let art do them. i think he excells with them
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 07:15:52 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2006, 06:52:57 PM »

Dan and Paul, shes won many races on that same half mile track. Last year 10 times. The info. from NJ was she was on the left line bad. Well she wasnt. actually she was on the right line. thats why she looked so bad in the turns. Why dont you watch all her races on that track and tell me how bad she is on the turns. Most of the time I agree with dan and paul, but in this case you guys need a lot more info. before you make those judgements. She made over 100,000 last year racing at Northville and Hazel. Good luck to you guys.
Dan you need to watch Northville more, it is not a 4th class track. The open goes for 15,000 and the mares go for 12,500.   

John
          Any track that races for $1500 purses in a 4th class track in my book. John, that 100,000 she made last year was made with that guy Zaime wasn't it? Did this girl Rebecca take over the training for Zaime?

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2006, 07:09:59 PM »

edward william, without you and your help to us posters, this forum would be shit. Thanks for the video from Hawthorne and the video from Northville last night that is on page 3 of this topic. All I ask is one more favor. The matchmaker stakes on 11/13 at raceway park for 15,000.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OSPUQ3oIVpE -- IMO, the best race she's had.

Best,
EW

GO LSU!  S-E-C!  S-E-C!

njhorseman

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2006, 07:44:24 PM »

John:
I'm curious about what part of what I said was incorrect. I didn't say she was on one line or the other. I merely noted that she was bad on the turns. Dan looked at the replay and came to the same conclusion.

Yes, she won a ton of money on that track and Hazel because she towers (no pun intended) over the competition there. She clearly has a lot of heart and determination. That doesn't change the fact that she obviously struggled on the turns.

By the way, Hazel park is a 5/8ths, so she probably handles that better than the half mile Northville.
john

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »

Paul, what I was trying to say was she can handle the turns of n'ville well but based on bad info. from NJ the trainer went against the regular setup that yt always wins with. Thats why she was bad around the turns.
You and Dan are very good at observing things and I learn a lot from you both, but in this case I was saying you need to base your assessment on more than last nights race. You said she cant handle the turns of N'ville, I was merely letting you guys know she handled them rather well in 2005 -06.

RollinSmollin, thanks for the comments, I remember the fun we had in NJ. Your a good guy. Did you bag the trainers daughter that night. She was hot and you were acting like the king PLAYA !!!!!

after watching the 3 videos that Edward showed, you gotta admit she will be back !!! The Big M was not her and I'm not happy about that. She'll get the LAST LAUGH.

off stride, yankee in tough tonight. Meal ticket is a monster.

As for comments on Art Mcilmurray, He's awesome and gives me everything when he drives for us. He's one of the best drivers in the country. What do you think dan. !!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2006, 09:10:40 PM »

Paul, what I was trying to say was she can handle the turns of n'ville well but based on bad info. from NJ the trainer went against the regular setup that yt always wins with. Thats why she was bad around the turns.
You and Dan are very good at observing things and I learn a lot from you both, but in this case I was saying you need to base your assessment on more than last nights race. You said she cant handle the turns of N'ville, I was merely letting you guys know she handled them rather well in 2005 -06.

RollinSmollin, thanks for the comments, I remember the fun we had in NJ. Your a good guy. Did you bag the trainers daughter that night. She was hot and you were acting like the king PLAYA !!!!!

after watching the 3 videos that Edward showed, you gotta admit she will be back !!! The Big M was not her and I'm not happy about that. She'll get the LAST LAUGH.

off stride, yankee in tough tonight. Meal ticket is a monster.

As for comments on Art Mcilmurray, He's awesome and gives me everything when he drives for us. He's one of the best drivers in the country. What do you think dan. !!!!!

I thought that guy Zaime made the 100K with her last year. Is he the trainer or is it the Rebecca girl.

Art M. not in my book. I told you that Walter Case is the best driver in harness racing history whether you like him or not.
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2006, 09:23:49 PM »

John

Congratulations on that win. She sure has heart!!
njhorseman

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2006, 10:29:17 PM »

Art M. not in my book. I told you that Walter Case is the best driver in harness racing history whether you like him or not.

Dan:

No doubt that Case could get more out of a horse than anyone. Before the drugs got the best of him, he seemed to be a pretty nice kid, too. Just a shame that he totally screwed himself up.
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2006, 02:37:18 PM »

lol .... john i wasnt suppose to admit that i  screw the trainers daughter that night ... but eh what the hell yeah it was a great night at the holiday inn ... with her and her cousin from NZ   them ladies treated me good lol ... the hard part was only being in Nj for a week and had to drive them home like 2 hrs away lol

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »

From the USTA website...

Young's Tower invades and wins at Northville
Sunday, March 26, 2006 - by Dan Conway, USTA Web Newsroom correspondent

The Fillies and Mares Open Handicap pace this past Friday night at Northville Downs was an interesting study for the bettors: Young's Tower was in from the Meadowlands, where the 6-year-old was competing for the really big money -- but had only posted with only one third and two fourth place finishes in her last six outings.
Claudia C was looking for her third-straight in good claiming company at Northville, and her sixth win in her last seven starts.

Young's Tower sat on the outside in the seven horse field and Claudia C, a 5-year-old, left from the post position six. The bettors sent both mares off, in effect, as co-favorites, but Claudia C the official choice. Racy Betty was a distant third choice and everybody else was “at big numbers.”

As the gate left, Todd Warren bolted away with Claudia C, who likes to get in on the early action, Mark Webster got away second with Cinco De Mayo, and Eric Goodell also left aggressively with Young's Tower, who in all but one of her races at the Meadowlands had been a slow leaver.

Claudia C was at the quarter pole in a modest :28, where Cinco De Mayo raced second and Young's Tower hung out third. On the second turn Young's Tower moved up to second, but still raced on the outside.

Passing the grandstand, Warren had Claudia C pacing strongly, and they picked up the pace and reached the half-mile pole in :573. At this point, Young's Tower looked as if she was condemned to take the long route to the wire.

On the third turn, Darrell Wright had brought Racy Betty up second-over, followed by Kayla's Raider, driven by Brad Kramer. The longshot in the field, Armbro Artistic, raced fourth in the hands of Eric Carlson.

Coming out of the turn and racing on the backstretch the second time around, Claudia C picked up the pace and Young's Tower lost a little ground while racing third when Claudia C passed the three-quarter marker in 1:27, where the race looked as if it would be a three-gal affair.

Racing into the stretch, Young's Tower kept up the pace and began to run down the leader. Young's Tower earned $117,302 last year and set her mark of 1:513, and a little air wasn't going to hurt her.

In the lane, Claudia C kept charging, but in the end it was Young's Tower by three-quarter lengths, in 1:571. Claudia C finish second and Cinco De Mayo was right there, and finished third.

Young's Tower is by Water Tower and out of Sukaina, and is owned by Were All in Racing, LLC of Illinois. She is trained by Rebekah Swinko and now sports lifetime earnings of $218,803.

john

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2006, 10:56:23 PM »

I really appreciate all the opinions from everyone on Youngs Tower. As an owner I will always think she is better than she might be. Owners always have personal bias' about there own horses. I think its fun having people follow a horse each week and make comments. It reminds me when I was little following, Black Shadow, Hothead, Money Lender (somebody at the merc knew the connections), and many others. For the most part, it was a blast waiting for those fun friday and saturday nights at Sportsmans or Maywood. It seemed like a long 7 days in between. I remember betting on Inredible Finale from the 8 hole paying 38.00 to win. of course it was maywood.
Whether she ever wins again, after she races, it feels like a long 7 days in between her race again.
Mike Bozich

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2006, 06:00:12 AM »

John,

Congrats on the success. This is one awesome mare and I hope to see her at Hazel a few times this year. In my opinion, she can match strides with the best in the country when she's right. I know many will say she had the opportunity and she couldn't cut it, but trust me....I have seen this horse find heart when there was no more to be found. Contrary to popular belief, these aren't slouches here in Michigan. You win a F@M open or an invite you have to earn it, ask Admirals Express or Midnight Jewel. Tower is a big time champion in my book, and someday real soon she's going to let loose on Woodbine or Big M mares.
tough business

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 12:14:02 PM »

john, glad to see you get the mare BACK where she belongs...Youngs Tower plus CUM plus NV=$$$$$ for john!!  Keep her butt right there!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: