Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 07:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngs Tower Update  (Read 6475 times)
off stride

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 11:02:32 PM »

EMP the detroit people are notoriously slow in sending their results in, even on their website they link to the usta for results, hrtv which i use doesnt show nvlle.. we will have to wait for the people who watched the simulcasts to come home, stayed home to watch the basketball myself, so i dont know how she raced em...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 07:12:20 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 11:06:22 PM »

EMP the detroit people are notoriously slow in sending their results in, even on their website they link to the usta for results, hrtv which i use doesnt show nvlle.. we will ahve to wait for the people who watched the simulcasts to come home, stayed home to watch the basketball myself, so i dont know how she raced em...

What was the purse she raced for tonight?
Report to moderator   Logged
off stride

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 11:07:18 PM »

12,500 and she paid 4.80
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 11:10:36 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 11:34:50 PM »

youngs tower is a really nice biiiiotch ... i think she belongs at the meadowlands seh can fit with those horses on her worst day ... most times! lol ... either way i wish john the best of luck with her because she is truely a classy horse

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
off stride

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »

the only problem with racing y.t. in motown is that the fillies and mares open rarely fills, todays, was the first one in many a week, and now that shes back, the competition will run away again, and will be forced to trek to london, ontario to get a race.. or she will have to deal with the boys and john already has yankee lariat for that
emp

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 12:39:11 AM »

1st up, enuff said......
http://racing.ustrotting.com/race_result.cfm?race_id=1801769&target=807113
john

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 12:46:35 PM »

Please Edward or someone put up the race replay to Youngs Towers race up on this forum. For a horse that raced so badly at the big m, it was a big reversal. The announcer called it  a monster mile and the best race of the meet. She raced 1st over the whole entire mile and blew by them in the stretch. Only 6 days off and a long trip from the big m. She will be competitive with loyal and restive, mark my words. What happened at the big m was not right. I will make no further comments on the big m ordeal.
Dan Nance

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »

Please Edward or someone put up the race replay to Youngs Towers race up on this forum. For a horse that raced so badly at the big m, it was a big reversal. The announcer called it  a monster mile and the best race of the meet. She raced 1st over the whole entire mile and blew by them in the stretch. Only 6 days off and a long trip from the big m. She will be competitive with loyal and restive, mark my words. What happened at the big m was not right. I will make no further comments on the big m ordeal.

John

That $6000 purse check from last night will cover Erv's training bill.
HappY
I'd rather be feared than loved

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2006, 01:12:55 PM »

There seems to be a little discrepancy on the 'knee boots'.  So just to clear things up, the mare used to race without them until last summer when she brushed a knee training.  She has never 'gone to her knees' in the past nor does she go to them now. If she was going to her knees at the Big M it's most likely because she was shod wrong.  Her main issue is cross firing, so having her shod back to the way she's supposed to be definitely helped as I think she showed last night.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 01:15:46 PM by happy » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2006, 01:36:31 PM »

There seems to be a little discrepancy on the 'knee boots'.  So just to clear things up, the mare used to race without them until last summer when she brushed a knee training.  She has never 'gone to her knees' in the past nor does she go to them now. If she was going to her knees at the Big M it's most likely because she was shod wrong.  Her main issue is cross firing, so having her shod back to the way she's supposed to be definitely helped as I think she showed last night.

Sounds like the trainer talking. I guess you cleared things up about the knee boots while you got a little dig in at Erv Miller and told everyone he had the horse shod wrong.

Now that you have the horse shod the way she should be then it's time for you to take her back the the Big M. and race her for some real money.

Nice job, you're the best.   
emp

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

There seems to be a little discrepancy on the 'knee boots'.  So just to clear things up, the mare used to race without them until last summer when she brushed a knee training.  She has never 'gone to her knees' in the past nor does she go to them now. If she was going to her knees at the Big M it's most likely because she was shod wrong.  Her main issue is cross firing, so having her shod back to the way she's supposed to be definitely helped as I think she showed last night.

AS mentioned, hadn't seen her for a while..... last time live was at Hawthorne, 1st time was fall of '04. So the knee boots were added.... with age assuming and the cross-firing issue. She's still very clean-legged and built like a rock.

The shodding theory seems right.... maybe they were never changed? If the 'last' trainer only had her for 3-4 weeks do you think they could have just overlooked it in a pretty large operation? All it would take would be for someone to simply lift her shoes and take a look. Not that hard.

As the trainer 'in question' focuses more on the youngins moreso then the older stablemates there could be a lot more oversights...

Bottom line, did the listed trainer ever even look at the horse? My connects down in FLA say he's been down there soaking up the rays a lot.... The 2nd trainer who runs the operation up in NJ is then at fault....

BOTTOM BOTTOM LINE:
Who's the 2nd trainer for the listed trainer?
HappY

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 01:58:31 PM »

Dan Nance-
That wasn't a dig at Erv Miller.  I have nothing bad to say about him. I think he does a great job and his horses prove that. Didn't mean to offend anyone.  Just seemed like everyone was making a big deal about her wearing knee boots like Erv did something wrong by putting them on her and he didn't.  By the way Erv wasn't even out there with the horse-he was in Chicago. I don't even know why I bothered to get on this site. Someone told me there was an article on the mare-thought I would read it. But I'm not here to talk trash.  So if it makes you feel better go ahead.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 02:01:57 PM by happy » Report to moderator   Logged
emp

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »

That wasn't a dig at Erv Miller.  I have nothing bad to say about him. I think he does a great job and his horses prove that. Didn't mean to offend anyone.  Just seemed like everyone was making a big deal about her wearing knee boots like Erv did something wrong by putting them on her and he didn't.  By the way Erv wasn't even out there with the horse-he was in Chicago. I don't even know why I bothered to get on this site. Someone told me there was an article on the mare-thought I would read it. But I'm not here to talk trash.  So if it makes you feel better go ahead.

Then explain the suspenders......
HappY

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »

Not sure what you mean by 'explain the suspenders'. I'm not a big believer in them because if the knee boot comes down below the knee, a horse can get its leg caught and fall down.  But I don't think that the suspenders were what made the mare race poorly.
Dan Nance

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »

Dan Nance-
That wasn't a dig at Erv Miller.  I have nothing bad to say about him. I think he does a great job and his horses prove that. Didn't mean to offend anyone.  Just seemed like everyone was making a big deal about her wearing knee boots like Erv did something wrong by putting them on her and he didn't.  By the way Erv wasn't even out there with the horse-he was in Chicago. I don't even know why I bothered to get on this site. Someone told me there was an article on the mare-thought I would read it. But I'm not here to talk trash.  So if it makes you feel better go ahead.

If Erv wasn't out there with the horse then who re-shod the horse wrong? I know when a horse changes barns the first thing a trainer likes to do is make changes so if the horse jumps up and wins then the trainer can go around and say " The horse was shod wrong ". In this case it backfired. He should have left her the way he got her.

Good job, you're the best!

yours truly
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »

For those that missed seeing it, the Youngs Tower win was indeed a 'monster mile.'   Several times during the race it looked as though she might be hanging and might back up, but not the case!  The payoff was a great one for a horse that did was was expected - came to Northville off a dismal performance at the Big M and won in powerhouse fashion.  It was a great chance for all to take the loot and scoot!   Congratulations to the connections.  If the horse has challengers in a similar class next time around the odds will be 2-5.
Dan Nance

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 02:46:36 PM »

For those that missed seeing it, the Youngs Tower win was indeed a 'monster mile.'   Several times during the race it looked as though she might be hanging and might back up, but not the case!  The payoff was a great one for a horse that did was was expected - came to Northville off a dismal performance at the Big M and won in powerhouse fashion.  It was a great chance for all to take the loot and scoot!   Congratulations to the connections.  If the horse has challengers in a similar class next time around the odds will be 2-5.

The horse should go back to the Big M. and race for some real money for the trainer who trains her now. 

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2006, 02:57:35 PM »

I'm uploading the video as we speak.  Will probably be ready in about 30 minutes.

Honestly, I don't know whether to be impressed with the mile...or completely unimpressed with the drive.

Congrats on the win, John!

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2006, 03:07:12 PM »

I'm uploading the video as we speak.  Will probably be ready in about 30 minutes.

Honestly, I don't know whether to be impressed with the mile...or completely unimpressed with the drive.

Congrats on the win, John!

Best,
EW

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fvFw1VJEscg

It will be there within the next couple minutes.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
john

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2006, 03:08:13 PM »

edward, thanks, if you can get that video up. If you could get a couple others: 1. from hawthorne 6/5/05 when she was 1st over and used to give parklane the perfect trip, except parklane lost. 1:51.3. 2. 11/13/05 in the matchmaker stakes, never seeing the wood and winning. Eric wouldnt let her go by and made it hard on her. I wasnt happy that night with eric. But, I do think, Eric Goodell is one of the best drivers in the country. I'd love to see him at the Big M with quality horse. He'll prove he's the best. By the way, Rebekah is an awesome trainer. She works so hard in Michigan and her training percentages put her in the top 10 in the country.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

edward, thanks, if you can get that video up. If you could get a couple others: 1. from hawthorne 6/5/05 when she was 1st over and used to give parklane the perfect trip, except parklane lost. 1:51.3. 2. 11/13/05 in the matchmaker stakes, never seeing the wood and winning. Eric wouldnt let her go by and made it hard on her. I wasnt happy that night with eric. But, I do think, Eric Goodell is one of the best drivers in the country. I'd love to see him at the Big M with quality horse. He'll prove he's the best. By the way, Rebekah is an awesome trainer. She works so hard in Michigan and her training percentages put her in the top 10 in the country.  

One thing about this business every trainer and driver are the "best". Until you stop getting results then the best are nothing but cheaters and scammers.

I just don't understand how everyone can be the best. Ah, what the hell, I still think I was the best when I was in my prime no matter what anyone else thinks.

yours truly
Busted Out

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »

hey john, how many times are u going to change trainers.  u not supposed to change trainers every time u lose.  haha.  on yeah, how is that good trainer of yours jim eaton doing.  i see langley and johnsons horse drew the rail last night at gaywood and won.  gee, i wonder hoe they got the rail at gaywood? haha.  u bragged that eaton won his first start for u well what has the ***hole done since. nothing. haha dont worry tho, eaton will tell u everything u want to no about everyone else on the track,  he and his good buddie duncan price are track informants for johnson and langley.  what is eatons average now about .090?  haha. good luck john you will need it since u have jim eaton training your horses or maybee u can do like u did with youngs tower......just change trainers again.  haha.  pretty soon u are gonna run out of triners john so u better stay with these guys for now.  haha  jim eaton, that is really funny.  the guy counldnt train a horse to water. haha.  and i no eaton reads this forum too so now he can go tell langley that people are picking on him again and langley can come after me.  haha.  
Tsunami

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2006, 03:52:20 PM »

I just don't understand how everyone can be the best. Ah, what the hell, I still think I was the best when I was in my prime no matter what anyone else thinks.

SCOTT WAS EVEN BETTER
Tsunami

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »

hey john, how many times are u going to change trainers.  u not supposed to change trainers every time u lose.  haha.  on yeah, how is that good trainer of yours jim eaton doing.  i see langley and johnsons horse drew the rail last night at gaywood and won.  gee, i wonder hoe they got the rail at gaywood? haha.  u bragged that eaton won his first start for u well what has the ***hole done since. nothing. haha dont worry tho, eaton will tell u everything u want to no about everyone else on the track,  he and his good buddie duncan price are track informants for johnson and langley.  what is eatons average now about .090?  haha. good luck john you will need it since u have jim eaton training your horses or maybee u can do like u did with youngs tower......just change trainers again.  haha.  pretty soon u are gonna run out of triners john so u better stay with these guys for now.  haha  jim eaton, that is really funny.  the guy counldnt train a horse to water. haha.  and i no eaton reads this forum too so now he can go tell langley that people are picking on him again and langley can come after me.  haha.  

DO YOU ENJOY LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN JOKES? WHAT A JAMOUK!
john

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 03:54:31 PM »

ha ha guy, busted out. get off the shit. it messes with the brain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: