Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 21, 2014, 09:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JUST WHAT THE F@#K IS GOING ON  (Read 1107 times)
off stride

« on: March 23, 2006, 01:20:12 AM »

notes and comments... wednesday night... 900+ wagered on the pick 6 at balmoral?.. thats pathetic, even for chicago... 48$ bet on the pick 9for a thin dime..another joke.. watching those 2 races from c alpo that make up the 2nd half of the bal cal.. first my location..rp5/8 doesnt put those 2 races in the program so every one wants to look at my free sheets, then the junk that calpo brings in...the balmoral players dont have a chance as ill bet most of that pool stays on the west coast .. eliminating the super on the first leg of the bal cal is another genius move by the gestapo.. a 10 horse field race and no super.. and from what i understand..the people in chicago cant bet on the 9th and 10th from c alpo?.. another stupid play from the morons that ruin racing
 but the biggest joke of all is from my own local track..raceway park.. first year under new ownership of penn national .. pngaming .. a big time outfit .. they are putting in a pick 6 bet here with a pool guaranteed of 10 grand... sounds nice.... but we handle all of 50 grand a night..simulcast included!!!.. we will be lucky to do 100 a night on that bet here and no we do not have dime supers
 my whole point about this vent is this...are there any competant people left in management anywheres in the harness game?.. using former harness people in management posts is a dismal failure.. hiring people that dont know the game is failing too. my track took me upstairs today to  have me call imaginary bets to help train the new mutual clerks for this year.. i speak clear good proper english when i bet, god forbid when they hear gimme fo on da fo and box dis and wheel dat dem and dose, and i know ill be in line behind one of those when i need to get a bet in after they shut down the voucher machines with 2 hours to go in the racing nite and send all but 2 or 3 clerks home
  this game is rotting from the inside out..just like a ..patatoe..(havent seen that spelling on here in a while), we just got word today that some sort of agreement has been reached to put slots at our tracks pending voter approval (its been turned down several times in our state already) but the only slot parlor in nw ohio will be at raceway.. a real dump..while cleveburg will get 2 that arent at racetracks as will cincinnati... my point is this...our track owners do not deserve to get slots to line their pockets, our track is filthy, lights go unreplaced, and when a urinal malfunctions... they put a plastic bag over it! they dont fix it..just cover it up
it truly is a dead game boys
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:37:14 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:47:55 AM »

Sorry to hear Raceway Park hasn't improved under Penn National Gaming ... but perhaps the better bet is the company itself. The stock is en fuego (a term NOT coined, but frequently used, by Cramer).

Morningstar loves the stock ... and for now, at least, so does Wall Street.
Report to moderator   Logged
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:32 AM »

off stride, we need every bet from every person we can get, If a person only bets 2 bucks and wins, maybe to you it's only a 6 or 8 dollar profit it may be the best thing since sliced bread to them, and they probably will talk about it to their friends. It's easy money at the track may be the talk, which could bring new players to the track. Is it really a big deal if a bettor Say's give me fo on the fo, instead of give me four on the four? Excitement back in the sport is what we need in my opinion. The people betting fo on the fo in days past filled the grandstands and yelled and screamed for their horse even if they were a mile back. I miss the interaction that once was at the track.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »

Sorry to hear Raceway Park hasn't improved under Penn National Gaming ... but perhaps the better bet is the company itself. The stock is en fuego (a term NOT coined, but frequently used, by Cramer).

Morningstar loves the stock ... and for now, at least, so does Wall Street.
Bought some(LOL) myself at $6.75 in the late '90s and laughed all the way to the bank.   trotter  TC
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 08:15:20 AM »

Big Daddy you make me long for the old days when I and 10,000 others would go to Washington Park on a weekday, Now it's 100 people at Balmoral and there will be no yelling unless one of the regulars gets drunk.
bigwrench
professional left handed hammer opperator

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 09:13:30 AM »

Just hold on for a few more weeks pal, HOOSIER will be opening, and we can forget that dumb ol balmoral( never cared for DEADWOOD),.. AND THEN WE CAN PLAY SOME GOOD RACES!......of course we will have to put up with the baloney from the local  sh**hole, and their incompetance!

Live harness racing in Toledo Ohio sucks, and its only going to get worse!!

if its got Tits or Tires you will have problems!
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 09:21:28 AM »

Jeepers:

You are right, PENN is a good buy. Im right down the street from their headquarters and have been in the tsock since the start. My kids will go to college courtesy of the Carlino family. God Bless PENN
off stride

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »

wrench, I for one am counting down the days to hoosier...
off stride

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 09:38:27 AM »

off stride, we need every bet from every person we can get, If a person only bets 2 bucks and wins, maybe to you it's only a 6 or 8 dollar profit it may be the best thing since sliced bread to them, and they probably will talk about it to their friends. It's easy money at the track may be the talk, which could bring new players to the track. Is it really a big deal if a bettor Say's give me fo on the fo, instead of give me four on the four? Excitement back in the sport is what we need in my opinion. The people betting fo on the fo in days past filled the grandstands and yelled and screamed for their horse even if they were a mile back. I miss the interaction that once was at the track.

big daddy i cant agree with you more, the fun part has been replaced by tired old people who go to the track to complain, first thing old man carson does when he gets to raceway is take 'his' remote and mute all the televisions in the handicapping area, no race calls, no updates, on changes unless you get them on a scroll, god forbid you root for a horse, these sicko t bred players have the place as dark as a morgue here and just as exciting, one of these days, we may see excitement back at the track, if it takes dollar beer nite to do it, hip hip hooray, whatever track managments are doing now isnt working and needs to be totally reversed
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 12:14:43 PM »

Hey there Off Stride - you asked if there are any competent people left to manage a racetrack?   The answer is YES, many of them appear right here on BTW Forum.   Problem is, the racetracks can't pay enough to engage many of us.
off stride

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:17:35 PM »

dale. you do have a point.. sometimes you wonder how these folks got their jobs in the first place, must have given the jobs to the lowest bidder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: