Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:01:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 CARD MONTY AT MAYWWOD !!!!!  (Read 1743 times)
race track phil

No minus pool rebates GOOFY

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »

Burton ,    There were many 3 card monte crews over the usa and I know one thing my guys crew was never on TV .  I'm sure they had somebody on the show , but no real scuff would appear .

Bello ,   You would have to be super fast to get paid with the crew I knew , the dealers object is to never let you reach for the pay card and turn it over !  If you got away with it for a 20 with them , it would be the last time the dealer got to work with the crew I knew .

King ,       You got it Louis always wore a 3/4 length leather !  Louis love bar room brawls too and handled himself pretty well . Louis and I use to drink all night together and bullshit with the women we were with just sitting there bored .

RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:47 AM »

3 card monte is actually a good bet for the player......you eliminate the "obvious" spot where they want you to think the card is (because you know its not there) and you are playing even with the house with a 50/50 shot to win.......
You are very intelligent about your answer you would have a better shot going for the 50/50.But once they figured out what you were doing it would be back to 33%.So you would have to make one big bet or just a couple after that it would be no good again?Huh

Then i got rich... then i got poor again havent changed since !!!
race track phil

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

RTP,
Anytime you have the time to post them, I and I am sure plenty others would love to read them.
Thank You
          Lookin in ,   Since your one of my favorite posters i'll give you one !

There was a guy named Chico who was connected in Cicero , he was half Italian & Mexican .  He had a bad reputation and it was warranted all over , he would shoot you and was Harry Alemans cousin .

Chico really liked me because I could shoot good pool and wasn't a sissy when it came to fighting , so we ended up becoming good friends and I use to hustle in his bar named the Big Q ( YES CHICO BET HORSES )  I would hustle pool in there and Chico would cheat customers anyway he could with cards or dice .

One night Chico is playing cards with a tough southern guy named Don Gibson and they are both cheating each other and finally they get into an arguement and Chico runs behind the bar to get the gun and Gibson runs out of the bar and gets in his car because he knows Chico will shoot him .  Chico runs outside and is standing in the middle of the street with the gun and Gibson just floors his car and runs over him and then just to make sure he's dead backs up over him and then forward again !!  

I knew nothing about this and the next day I went to visit another friend who got hurt at SPK during a stampede and Chico's wife was standing in front of my friends room and right away says Phil i'm glad you came and i'm thinking what the hell is she talking about !!!  I walk in the room and Chico is laying in one bed and my friend tall Al is in the other bed . I then found out from Chico's lady what happened and it looks like he is dying and you could even see tire tracks on his stomach . He see's me and grabs my hand ( this is like a movie but true )  He says to me promise me you will get Gibson for me and I don't know what to say , but it seems like its his dying request to me his good friend so I say OK i'll handle it !!  I naturally had no intention to do so , but it made him happy . I then left the room and the doctor came and told me and Ellen that he will be OK because he doesn't even have a broken bone in his body and the doc said I guess its because the fat absorbed the damage and its like a miracle !!

It took two years and Gibson was found dead in a trunk in Cinncinati .

Chico also ended up getting killed in his car in front of the next bar he bought after he came back from the track and unfortunately he gave a guy a ride back and he also was killed .  They never really found the killers . It had nothing to do with Gibson though ! He just did some people wrong I guess .

RTP

It was dangerous times back then i'm glad i had just got married awhile back and had given up that life or it could have been me in the passenger seat . We always went to the track together when he went in one car .

That for sure changed my lifestyle !!  
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »

Is the whip cup the pea under the 3 cups?
If so, that's what I fell for on the  54 Cicero Bus.
I had a job, I was probaly 17 and I liked to gamble, so I was the perfect sucker.
I was coming home from my job at Goldblatts.
One guy held the game and another guy was playing. I couldn't keep my eyes off this game. Naturally, the guy playing was cleaning up and I'm thinking easy money,  so I said can I play?
Sure bro..
Anyhoo, to make a long story short,  I got my clock cleaned and I couldn't figure out why.
I was crushed...
The "winner" got off the bus with me at 63rd street, and said something like,  tough break kid and then he told me he was going to buy a new pair of shoes with his "winnings".
I don't remember how I figured out it was a scam, but I only played it once.
Lesson learned....
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »

You are very intelligent about your answer you would have a better shot going for the 50/50.But once they figured out what you were doing it would be back to 33%.So you would have to make one big bet or just a couple after that it would be no good again?Huh

No doubt thats a one and done thing......maybe bet $10 and they let you win 3 straight and then bet $100......if you hit the 50/50 youre up $130 if you lose your down $70......gettin almost 2 to 1 on a 50/50 shot......not worth gettin your legs broke over though

SHOWTIME!!!
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »

I had a job, I was probaly 17 and I liked to gamble, so I was the perfect sucker.
One guy held the game and another guy was playing. I couldn't keep my eyes off this game. Naturally, the guy playing was cleaning up and I'm thinking easy money,  so I said can I play?
Sure bro..
Anyhoo, to make a long story short,  I got my clock cleaned and I couldn't figure out why.
I was crushed...
The "winner" got off the bus with me at 63rd street, and said something like,  tough break kid and then he told me he was going to buy a new pair of shoes with his "winnings".
Lesson learned....
No thats the shell game but very similar,The whip cup is what you mind find in taverns for shake a day or horses or ship captain & crew.Ive never seen white people play the shell game only blacks.But if theres money to be made im sure whites to it also!!!

childewood

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 04:36:51 PM »

For the life of me, I could not remember that it was called the shell game.(must be gettin old geezer)
Well, the two players that I played with were black(I'm white) and now that I think about it, every time I saw it being played on the bus, it was mostly black guys. Interesting....
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »

For the life of me, I could not remember that it was called the shell game.(must be gettin old geezer)
Well, the two players that I played with were black(I'm white) and now that I think about it, every time I saw it being played on the bus, it was mostly black guys. Interesting....
That game is totally impossible because at times the pea is not under either shell.

Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 01:49:09 PM »

I tried to become a shell game mechanic, and got close to good.........but not good enough to go "onstage". My buddy, however Tommy P. a very skinny anemic white kid about 24 mastered the art and made a decent living in the Bay Area of San Francisco from 1977 -1990.

The pea is actually not a hard object, which is the biggest secret of that game. Secondly, the platform it is played on has to have some cushion, or "give" to it.   These two factors enable you to squeeze the ball and "snip" it under the other shell while the suckers eye is on the obvious one. 

We played with 3 shells, some use only two.  But after showing the pea going under the center shell, and circling the shells around a few times, you stop.  Only the very last movement of the 3 shells in a straight line forward and backward is when the "magic" takes place. That is when the operator slides the pea out of the back side of the cup when pushing that cup forward, and when it rolls out of the cup,  you use the 3rd and 4th digits on your hand to pinch it, and then move it to another cup. Again, the cushion (usually folded newspapers) and the density of the pea must be just perfect to allow this to go unnoticed by the suckers.

Tommy was 6'1" and weighed about 140 lbs. So most that played just played small $ thinking he was sickley (which he was). And donated to the scam, and moved on.  Tommy also had a gorgeous girlfriend who ended up doing cosmetic modeling in Los Angeles for Procter&Gamble, and Revlon.

The more you bet...the more you win
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

Sure bro..
I was crushed...
Lesson learned....
I appreciate your honesty. Most people do not like admitting they got clipped, but if truth were known, that is how most of us got our street education. As to the WhipCup, its a cup that doesnt have the proper interior, and that allows a mechanic to manipulate the shaved dice. They became popular after magnetic dice went the way of the buggy whip!

The more you bet...the more you win
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »

King ,       You got it Louis always wore a 3/4 length leather !  Louis love bar room brawls too and handled himself pretty well . Louis and I use to drink all night together and bullshit with the women we were with just sitting there bored .

RTP
Yeah Phil i vaguely remember the guy because he was usually around.If i knew was he was a scuff i would have definately talked to him a lot more.But from what i remember he was pretty quiet and kept to himself...but he was always around.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:36:46 PM by THUNDER KING » Report to moderator   Logged

THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 02:56:02 PM »

Phil,I first heard of Chico when another pool player I know played Chico pool and beat Chico for about $700 and when it was time for Chico to pay the guy,Chico wrote him a check for a $1000 and wanted $300 change.

Then i really dont know how long after that i beat Chico for $1400 and he gave me $5-600 and let me leave his bar.I was told from several people how lucky i was to get out of his bar with any money at all including mine.They told me that i was the only guy they heard of getting out of his bar with any of his money.

race track phil

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »

Phil,I first heard of Chico when another pool player I know played Chico pool and beat Chico for about $700 and when it was time for Chico to pay the guy,Chico wrote him a check for a $1000 and wanted $300 change.

Then i really dont know how long after that i beat Chico for $1400 and he gave me $5-600 and let me leave his bar.I was told from several people how lucky i was to get out of his bar with any money at all including mine.They told me that i was the only guy they heard of getting out of his bar with any of his money.
              That is true he didn't like to lose !!

I borrowed him 1400 once and we were friends and I had to almost fight him to get paid back .   He was just that way !!  But still a big time friend .

RTP
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »

I knew him through Gaffer dont remember why.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:46:13 PM by THUNDER KING » Report to moderator   Logged

Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

Got taken for $200 outside Arlington Park early 80's.

I can laugh now.
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »

Got taken for $200 outside Arlington Park early 80's.

I can laugh now.

I also got taken at Arlington Park by THE LEMON DROP KID the 2nd....I was STOOPID

I got hustled by some smooth talkers but i was young at the time,thats my excuse!!!

I been cheated playing cards,dice and many other things but thats all part of learning !!

One time i was cheating in a black jack game holding out a card,I would have 3 cards to start each hand and thats a big advantage.But one time i was holding out a blue card and they changed decks and i put the blue card over a red card and politely excused myself and left hurriedly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:14:48 PM by THUNDER KING » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: