Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 09:03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FP HBPA Election----Ballots to be counted Today!  (Read 3559 times)
Go Baby

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »

clockterry..........I always try not to argue with people who are not well informed.  I consider you one of them.  After looking at the number of posts you make, it is obvious you must not work or have any skills other than defending idiots.  I have a very good reputation in the law enforcement field.  I have investigated hundreds of cases against corruption.  I do not need you to tell me about unfounded allegations.  Even if there is evidence shown to you, you will defend Brooks.  How about the fact that HBPA President John Wainwright in February told a group of horseman that the taxes for the HBPA were up to date and had been filed by Brooks and Brooks, when confronted, posted a phony tax return on the HBPA website.  Later it was determined that Brooks did not file HBPA taxes for 2007 and 2008 until March 5, 2010.  How about the fact that Brooks lied to the membership and filed a FALSE complaint against Jim Watkins in an attempt to have him thrown off the HBPA election ballot.  These are just two examples of Brooks' leadership.  These are examples of why horse racing is dying on the vine at Fairmount Park.  You have no clue as to what goes on at Fairmount Park.  When the leadershp cannot be trusted, it makes people wonder what other corruption is going on at Fairmount Park.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »

blah blah blah - standard personal insults used by weak debaters

I have a very good reputation in the law enforcement field.  I have investigated hundreds of cases against corruption.  I do not need you to tell me about unfounded allegations.  Even if there is evidence shown to you, you will defend Brooks.

Well, go ahead and show me the actual evidence of the dishonest/rigged election, then. Show me the evidence where the political contributions to Hoffman have any connection at all to Lanny retaining his job, or ended up in Blago's pocket, like you have alluded.

How about the fact that HBPA President John Wainwright in February told a group of horseman that the taxes for the HBPA were up to date and had been filed by Brooks and Brooks, when confronted, posted a phony tax return on the HBPA website.  Later it was determined that Brooks did not file HBPA taxes for 2007 and 2008 until March 5, 2010.

Oh. I see. Now we are changing the subject to something else.

Okay - Tell me this about those tax returns: How do they affect you and your business as a horseman?

How about the fact that Brooks lied to the membership and filed a FALSE complaint against Jim Watkins in an attempt to have him thrown off the HBPA election ballot.

What was the complaint, how was it false, and what's the proof it was false?

These are just two examples of Brooks' leadership.  These are examples of why horse racing is dying on the vine at Fairmount Park.

But why have you still not been able to tell me how Brooks' job is assured by the contributions to Hoffman? That's the question I asked you in the first place.

You have no clue as to what goes on at Fairmount Park.  When the leadershp cannot be trusted, it makes people wonder what other corruption is going on at Fairmount Park.

One thing I do know, is that you and the few others posting here under many different names were roundly defeated in the last election. The majority of voters apparently do not share your concerns.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »

horse
The Blago trial will reveal one thing that may be a huge benefit to the horsemen. Witnesses have testified that it was the Gov who was trying to shake down the race track owners for contributions. This may very well be the final key piece of judiciary evidence in getting  the 3%.

Watkins was accused of breaking the by laws concerning the practices he used in his campaign. The by laws,being out dated as they are, left a lot of gray areas concerning these charges. The board decided there was not enough evidence to have him removed from the ballot unanimously.So much for the "board lays down for Lanny" theories. Gary Leming (Go Baby) was kicked out of the HBPA for the relentless and ridiculous attacks made on the HBPA. He did not bother to attend his hearing.

The tax filings for the HBPA have always been done in a timely manner. The date "Go Baby" is referring to is the date the tax returns were e-mailed to the HBPA office from the accounting firm.The determination of the supposed date is upheld by Go Baby not by the IRS.

Its a FACT that horse racing is "dying on the vine" all over the country. Its not just happening at FP. Seeing as how we are still running and we are receiving our breeders awards(paid by Mr Stiritz) is a testament to the obvious commitment by the owner to keep FP going.
The RACE program is filled to capacity with horses looking for good homes. Its alive and well despite postings of people opting out of the program. Horsemen donate $2 dollars per start to the program to help support the care and feeding of these horses til a new home can be found.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:50:34 PM by sporthorse » Report to moderator   Logged
Go Baby

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »

horseSport.......why do you not put your name on the blog, like you put others out there?  I have never tried to hide my identity like most of you do.  I tell the truth and have nothing to hide.  The problem is when you continue to lie on the web it will eventually catch up to you.   If you have proof that I was kicked out of the HBPA for attacks on the HBPA why don't you name a few of those.  Your buddy clockterry is always demanding proof.  I was kicked out because I was deemed a threat to King Brooks.  I was threatened a law suit by Fairmount Park for libel.  The problem is, when you tell the truth, there is no basis for a law suit.  When the livelihood of horseman is threatened, you put fear in them.  Unfortunately this is what Brooks succeeded in doing.  Brooks had no way to threaten me, except kick me out of the HBPA.  Brooks refused to even tell me how many Board members voted.  You also forgot to tell everyone that Brooks, an unelected member, assigned himself as the hearing officer in my case.  What a joke.  Do you really think King Brooks would give me a fair hearing?  It is just like the election.  The only way Brooks wins is to control the way things are handled.  I do not even care about the HBPA any more.  Lanny Brooks and his family (you) will keep sucking the horseman dry and promising them everything. If they keep on believing his lies, they deserve what they get.

As far as Jim Watkin goes....Brooks just out and out lied.  He told Watkins in a letter that a formal complaint had been filed against him.  Do you want me to post the letter?  I have a copy of it.  There was NO complaint filed against Watkins.  Just another lie fabricated by Brooks in an attempt to control the HBPA election.  Brooks even admitted he lied to the HBPA Board.  Watkin should have taken Brooks to the national HBPA, but he feared losing stalls at Fairmount Park in retaliation.  Brooks is an admitted liar.  I challenge you to say one thing that I have lied about.  Your day will come down there.  Some day people will open their eyes and the truth will prevail!!!
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

horse
Im not naming names Go Baby. Your identity is revealed on your profile by your e-mail address all anyone has to do is look up your profile. Had you wanted your identity to be kept in secrecy you should have omitted your e-mail from your contact list. Its not as if everyone on here does not know your identity. And the statement I made in the previous post has been posted on here several times before and not by me.
If the accusations against you by the HBPA were not accurate,why would you not go to the hearing? Also you had the opportunity to plead your case to the National. IMHO had someone accused me of such allegations and I had done nothing wrong, I would have had to call their hand.The procedures by which you chose to try to destroy the HBPA had already been posted on here several times.

Im not trying to be at war with anyone nor have I lied about anything on here. Seriously, until you and Watkins can come up with positive proof of all these accusations, it sounds like nothing more than sour grapes. This is just a constant attack on the HBPA and the ED that has done nothing more than caused a lot of hard feelings between the horsemen.This really needs to stop and let the healing begin. If you are truly concerned for the well being of the longevity of FP than I ask you, as a fellow horsemen, to come together and lets find a common ground by which the entire body can move forward.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:52:14 PM by sporthorse » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2010, 11:09:49 PM »

I do not even care about the HBPA any more.

But still you devote considerable time to making long winded derogatory posts about them. You obviously care about something.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

Hey, guys!  How is the meet going?  Are you enjoying yourself?  I remember you fought hard to get your short meet.  Enjoy the experience, then fight later.
illhorseygal

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2010, 04:19:52 PM »

The meet is going great! Pretty full fields and many fans....OH and very small purses.  In other words, other than the ongoing hbpa garbage, we are having fun going broke.  Thanks for asking.
Go Baby

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »

Illhorseygal........I want to commend you and your husband for hanging in there at Fairmount.  Fairmount Park doesn't seem to get it.  Folks like you are what is needed at Fairmount Park.  New blood with energy and enthusiastic attitudes.  For some reason Fairmount does not encourage new people to get involved in the sport.  Matters of fact they treat most owners, other than trainers/owners like crap.  This is one thing I feel is needed for a change on the HBPA Board.  For years the Board has been stacked with owner/trainers.  Owners who do not train should have a voice.  Fairmount does not seem to understand the importance of getting new blood in the business.  Oh, well, keep on battling down there and someday things will change for the better.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »

horse
HBPA owners on the Board of Directors
Amy Walker......owner not a trainer
Ron Rujawitz...owner never was a trainer
Tim Keeley......owner never was a trainer
Diane LaMew...owner never was a trainer
John Moroney...owner never was a trainer
Is there a secret owner Board of Directors that we are all not aware of ?
More conspiracy theories??
Very misleading and confusing information.....Im sure there will be more to follow!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

Hey, guys!  How is the meet going?  Are you enjoying yourself?  I remember you fought hard to get your short meet.  Enjoy the experience, then fight later.

SANE ALERT!!   A sane post!  Nice going Dan!
fireball

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »

Sporthorse,
Bill Duncan,owner no longer trainer, elected under trainer status!  How does that happen?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »

Sporthorse,
Bill Duncan,owner no longer trainer, elected under trainer status!  How does that happen?

Wait ... so now it comes out "Owners who do not train" have too much of a voice?
fireball

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »

ClockerTerry,
I am glad to see you enjoying yourself!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: