Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 06:44:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Kelly - Odds On Racing Website  (Read 6146 times)
Tannor

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:24:36 PM »

Odds on racing has a great website that im sure all of you know of. They have a personality of the month catagory at the bottom of their site. As well as horses and drivers of the month and such. Anyway this months personality is Tom Kelly. Now i do not know Mr. Kelly and I am sure this is not meant in a bad way but if you have a moment take a look at the picture they use for him.
http://www.oddsonracing.com/docs/PersonalityofthemonthMARCH2006TomKelley.cfm

Tannor
Report to moderator   Logged

They're at the gate!!!!
rpb

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:43:35 PM »

Now that's a classic.
OffStride will be jealous.
HANK3849

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:19:36 PM »

That was a great picture. As a fairly new bettor I like to get to know what people look like so I can be friendly and say hello. Perhaps we could get a picture of Tom as he is walking away. Then for sure I would recognize him.
arm and hammer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:27:48 PM »

hilirious
off stride

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »

that does look like my m.o. ... doesnt it? .. perhaps someone who reads btw works for odds on .. the name of that animal is shrek
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 10:01:45 PM »

Actaully in the movie Shrek the donkeys name is Donkey.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
swoodall

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 12:31:59 AM »

Tannor

It's 11:30pm and I just clicked on your link and the photo has been removed!!  Obviously someone from there is reading this thread!
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »

I didnt mean anything bad by it. I dont know the guy but thought it was a little weird to have a donkey as his picture

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »

I didnt mean anything bad by it. I dont know the guy but thought it was a little weird to have a donkey as his picture

Tannor

I'm guessing here -- and maybe someone could help because I'm not in Chicago...

But, knowing Tom's sense of humor, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave them the picture.  Personally, I thought it was hilarious.

If you don't know, he used to be on the Balmoral Beat (not sure if they still show it, and I'm surfing the feeds now)...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 12:49:21 PM »

Tannor

I think it's a little weird for someone to be both track publicity director and a steward. Only in Chicago.  Roll Eyes
Brian Collier

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »

Did anyone happen to save the picture?
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 01:03:33 PM »

That was his actual picture
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 03:28:19 PM »

I think it's a little weird for someone to be both track publicity director and a steward. Only in Chicago.  Roll Eyes

I guess the idea is that he doesn't serve in both positions at either track.  It may be a little strange, but TK has done good things for racing in Chicago, so he deserves all the jobs (and pay) that they can give him.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 01:38:45 AM »

He's obnoxious and disliked by everyone who meets him.  He is a long way from an adult.  I have had people literally leave an occasion the minute he arrives.

It's sad but his lifestyle has him quickly degenerating into a miserable human being.

He really needs to get away from the racing industry before it kills him.  He needs a lot of help in many areas.  And this is coming from someone who has known him for years.  I only hope he realizes it before it's too late. Sad

emp

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 10:35:14 AM »

Interesting enough, the influence of BTW has impacted the industry once again. The picture of the little 'mule' was taken down by the management front 'stable' of 'O on R'.....

http://www.oddsonracing.com/docs/PersonalityofthemonthMARCH2006TomKelley.cfm

They still need to correct the address of Dave the photographer wake this Friday..... from 405 York Rd. to 435 York Rd.
"
Odds On Racing is saddened to announce the death of long-time track photographer Dave Tolle. Visitation for Dave will be held Friday, March 24th 11am to 7pm and a short service will be conducted at 1:30 pm at the Pederson-Ryburg Funeral Home, 405 N.York Rd., Elmhurst, IL (1-630-834-1133)."

It's disgusting to see how such a 'reputable' website such as wwww.oddsonracing.com is setting itself up for these errors and debauchery.

DN is right, the influence of this website is VERY STRONG at the moment. Now have to say kudos to Janine for staying with the site and trying to make it work after all the BS that's happened since June 2004ish.....

TK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 03:04:35 PM »

Hey Potrasalve

Never thought I take the time to respond on this forum but after sitting idly by and watching an ass like yourself make comments like that without having the courage to use your own name I figured it was time to jump in.  You've got a problem with me why don't you come see me face to face and discuss. Stop hiding behind silly screen names. And judging by your previous posts I seriously doubt that you and I have ever been somewhere together! The only thing making me into a miserable person is watching fools like you whine and rip people while hiding behind fake names. Either identify yourself (and feel free to pm me so the rest of the crowd doesn't get let in on your double secret life) or come find me. You know where I am 5 nights a week! I don't think you've got the guts. Until then farewell and I'll just keep sittin here with my no friends gang!

p.s.  Edward William.... thanks for the kind words and hope things are going well for you down there. It hasn't taken long to figure out that you are much to rational for many on this board.

oh and by the way... New Jersey Horseman... You seem to know it all and simply like to stir things up with ***, TC and Dakuras or for that matter anybody who doesn't see thinks like your jaded east coast view... If you don't like Chicago racing, find it strange or anything else... STAY AWAY FROM IT! We don't need that kind of input..

Nuff said... Good Bye All
off stride

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »

Hey Potrasalve

Never thought I take the time to respond on this forum but after sitting idly by and watching an ass like yourself make comments like that without having the courage to use your own name I figured it was time to jump in.  You've got a problem with me why don't you come see me face to face and discuss. Stop hiding behind silly screen names. And judging by your previous posts I seriously doubt that you and I have ever been somewhere together! The only thing making me into a miserable person is watching fools like you whine and rip people while hiding behind fake names. Either identify yourself (and feel free to pm me so the rest of the crowd doesn't get let in on your double secret life) or come find me. You know where I am 5 nights a week! I don't think you've got the guts. Until then farewell and I'll just keep sittin here with my no friends gang!

p.s.  Edward William.... thanks for the kind words and hope things are going well for you down there. It hasn't taken long to figure out that you are much to rational for many on this board.

oh and by the way... New Jersey Horseman... You seem to know it all and simply like to stir things up with ***, TC and Dakuras or for that matter anybody who doesn't see thinks like your jaded east coast view... If you don't like Chicago racing, find it strange or anything else... STAY AWAY FROM IT! We don't need that kind of input..

once an ass always an ass.. proves they do read and do not approve
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:28:31 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
TK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »

Hey off-stride

Who is "they" once again... Yes I read and usually find everything quite amusing and many times correct. However, some of the conspiracy theories and personal attacks on here go way over the edge. Everybody's entitled to their opinion as long as they stick to the fact.

Have a good day buddy Smiley
off stride

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 03:42:44 PM »

thanks for the reply...i felt left out... i mean nothing personal in my 'bits' just a little humor to lighten your day
TK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 03:45:52 PM »

God knows we all need that when involved in this business and sport..... by the way... love the horse and driver at the bottom of your posts!
Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 03:47:52 PM »

Hey Potrasalve

TK
         I enjoyed your 900 results line back when you couldn't get any results quick. I however didn't enjoy looking at my phone bill when it came.

Chill out Tom, things are going to get worse before they get better. I don't think I ever meet you or had a problem with you so relax with the *** comments.

How can you tell anyone to stay away from Chicago harness racing in the state it's in right now just because they post their comments on this site? Chicago harness racing needs all the fans it can get. As publicity director you shouldn't be telling people like NJhorseman to say away just because you don't like what he posts on this site. Also, people are not stirring things up, they are just telling it like it is. That's whats so wonderful about this forum, knowing that it kills you management folks to read how people really feel about Chicago harness racing now.

Tom, when Hawthorne opens take a well deserved vacation and get away from the whole scene before you go nuts. It's not your fault " IT'S A DEAD GAME LADDIE ".  
shuffledagain

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »

What picture???

Last in 24.2, "something ain't right with that!"
TK

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 03:59:06 PM »

Dan

Thanks for the shout out on the old 900 line... Those were the good old days... I wasn't getting on anything you said I was referring to the esteemed NJ Horseman constantly trying to crap on whatever you were saying. Go back and read that again I'm sure you'll see. Almost looked ya up when I was in Vegas back in late December. Thought of you because we played the Badlands Course right there next to your favorite R&S Book...Figured when I got off the course I could run over there and see if I could find you but ran out of time. You are right we do need all the fans we can get but I don't consider NJ Horseman a fan of Chicago racing. And by the way...please don't lump me into the management types you refer to... talk to most anyone here like JD OR TC  and you'll understand... Anyway good talking to you and hopefully we'll get a chance to hook up in Vegas again.. By the way did my buddies John Kelly Stardust Line radio show 2 of the three days we were out there. Discussed chitown racing and sports quite a bit...

Take care...TK
Dan Nance

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 04:07:12 PM »

Dan

Thanks for the shout out on the old 900 line... Those were the good old days... I wasn't getting on anything you said I was referring to the esteemed NJ Horseman constantly trying to crap on whatever you were saying. Go back and read that again I'm sure you'll see. Almost looked ya up when I was in Vegas back in late December. Thought of you because we played the Badlands Course right there next to your favorite R&S Book...Figured when I got off the course I could run over there and see if I could find you but ran out of time. You are right we do need all the fans we can get but I don't consider NJ Horseman a fan of Chicago racing. And by the way...please don't lump me into the management types you refer to... talk to most anyone here like JD OR TC  and you'll understand... Anyway good talking to you and hopefully we'll get a chance to hook up in Vegas again.. By the way did my buddies John Kelly Stardust Line radio show 2 of the three days we were out there. Discussed chitown racing and sports quite a bit...

Take care...TK

TK
         I heard about the radio show from the Stardust but didn't get a chance to listen to it. Look me up anytime you're in Vegas and I'll treat you to a nice dinner. I have so many points I don't know how to use them all.

I'll be hanging out at the new " Red Rock Station " opening up in Summerlin April 18th. The place puts the Suncoast to shame they tell me.

Joe and TC have told me alot about you and it's all good. Keep up the good work, I know you love the game as we all do and hope someday it will make a comeback. 
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 04:41:11 PM »

Truth hurts don it. Your right I have never been around you socially just have heard about your childish behaviour.

Listen to *** and dont work Hawthorne you need a long vacation how does forever sound.  Good Luck with you anger problems.   Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: