Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 03:08:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More than a 'tip'  (Read 1379 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: June 24, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »

My good friend's horses are both entered at Fingerlakes on Saturday(guess where I'll be all day ...lol)...in the 5th race "Ticket to Fly" is the #1 horse.....she is a stone old closer who gets 6 lengths behind the last horse.......she needs  1 1/8th or more  but they don't write many at flakes for F & M claimers.....she was 3rd last out at a mile 70yds.....she's a must use in the tris and supers.....and if a speed duel develops...she could run em down for the win.....I hate watching her races...lol....

the 6th race - "Strike Jet' - he is the #6 horse......front runner...will be hooking on the lead with Rudy Rabbit....but "Jeter' prefers 5 and 5.5 furlongs to 6 so he should win this race....

eh, in case you guys wanna bet them a lil or play the exotics.....
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53:29 AM »

horse
Best of Luck AM! Hope you celebrate the day in the winers circle twice! trophy
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:35 AM »

Hope you have to have pictures taken twice.

AND

Post them.

We haven't raced at F.L. for several years.

It was a fun place.

Good luck to all.

TS

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »

Thanks AM, your friend is already lucky to get them both in on the same day, that in itself should tell us something.  thumbs up

The more you bet...the more you win
Moni for free

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:27:53 PM »

Sorry AM, I'll be settling into my new place in PA...
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

My good friend's horses are both entered at Fingerlakes on Saturday(guess where I'll be all day ...lol)...in the 5th race "Ticket to Fly" is the #1 horse.....she is a stone old closer who gets 6 lengths behind the last horse.......she needs  1 1/8th or more  but they don't write many at flakes for F & M claimers.....she was 3rd last out at a mile 70yds.....she's a must use in the tris and supers.....and if a speed duel develops...she could run em down for the win.....I hate watching her races...lol....

the 6th race - "Strike Jet' - he is the #6 horse......front runner...will be hooking on the lead with Rudy Rabbit....but "Jeter' prefers 5 and 5.5 furlongs to 6 so he should win this race....

After her last tip, how can anyone ignore AMs inside poop?  Wish I had time to go out to the track but I must work both days this weekend.  I will be back on the road to China next weekend.  Unfortunately, no chance to get to Hong Kong where they have live racing.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »

Remember guys, there are satellites, and TVG or BetAmerica for fire the cash thru!  Bomb

I'll be in Reno, front and center.  laughing guy

The more you bet...the more you win
bello

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »

Good luck at the Lakes!

Hoping to make it there on July 09.
Moni for free

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 11:04:09 PM »

Good luck at the Lakes!

Hoping to make it there on July 09.
bello do you still have my aol addy? fire me off an email so i can give u a cell
bello

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »

OK wings....Trying for Tioga July  or 4 or 5 and FL on the 9th, if all works out.

Do you work in the poconos. I think I may be heading to the OATS Bluegrass festival for a couple of days in Benton PA. Not sure if you know anything about that.

PM or email me your email address. Not sure I still have it.

Sorry about the thread hijacking.

Good Luck Alpha Mare
bello

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »

These two horses have the most diametrically opposed running styles I have ever seen. Too bad Strike Jet is gelded, each can use the staying power or the speed of the other.

Best of luck to you and your pal today.
mj

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »

Note, Strike Jet is#5 not #6 in the 6th race.   I follow the Englehart father son team and they are tough at Fingerlakes.   Papa Englehart is running in the 5th race, son Englehart is in the 6 and #6.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »

Papa Engelhart Race 1 at Belmont
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »

well it rained sat....track was fast, but slightly cuppy.....the mare hated it...was 8 lengths behind the last horse going into far turn....closed to be a non threatening 5th.....the gelding they decided to 'school' in that race..wish i would have known that before i posted he was a speed horse...lol.....the trainer figured jeter would never outbreak the 2 horse so they decided to use the race to teach jeter to rate a little...he ran an even 4th.....jock said the horse lost interest when he didn't get the lead.....that's my take as well so trainer said from now on...send him!  lol

bello

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »

Thanks for the update Mare.Tough to avaid other speedy one in those 5f sprints. And FL always used to favor speed on the slop.

Let me know if you will be at the Lakes next Friday.

It will be my first trip there in a few years.

It is still my favorite T'bred track, despite the fact they ruined some of the ambiance with the jinging of those annoying slots.

Right on top of the horses in the walking ring and up a couple of flights of step to the grandstand,,,,Can't beat it.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »

Thanks for the update Mare.Tough to avaid other speedy one in those 5f sprints. And FL always used to favor speed on the slop.

Let me know if you will be at the Lakes next Friday..

Right on top of the horses in the walking ring and up a couple of flights of step to the grandstand,,,,Can't beat it.

well, Bello,there's a good chance one of em may be in next weekend....if it's a fri or sat i usually make the trip out with my friend.....how long will you be in town there ?

bello

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 01:00:53 PM »

well, Bello,there's a good chance one of em may be in next weekend....if it's a fri or sat i usually make the trip out with my friend.....how long will you be in town there ?
[/quote

I went to school at SUNY Brockport. In the '70's the school used to have Sptng In where they would close the classeds for a day, bring out the Genesee truck and live music and we would all get ripped. Well on Saturday, those of us from that era will try to relive it with Summer-In.

Leaves me only Friday to visit my beloved Finger Lakes.
mj

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

Let me know if you will be at the Lakes next Friday.

It will be my first trip there in a few years.

It is still my favorite T'bred track, despite the fact they ruined some of the ambiance with the jinging of those annoying slots.

The old 1st floor Grandstand had no ambiance--it was a dump-

I thank FL is the only place with slots where the handle has gone up from pre slot days.-Plus they do not waste time between races.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »

I thank FL is the only place with slots where the handle has gone up from pre slot days.-Plus they do not waste time between races.
[/quote

Yea, I guess you are right....But I love a close walking ring and paddock. My routing was to go to the paddock, watch when they walk by, speak to a Jock or two, turn around and make a right turn and walk right up the steps to the Grandstand....bet....watch the race from upstairs.....Go down to the weigh in scale after the race, curse a jock or two and start the cycle over.....Good Times
mj

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

[/quote

Yea, I guess you are right....But I love a close walking ring and paddock. My routing was to go to the paddock, watch when they walk by, speak to a Jock or two, turn around and make a right turn and walk right up the steps to the Grandstand....bet....watch the race from upstairs.....Go down to the weigh in scale after the race, curse a jock or two and start the cycle over.....Good Times

oh have a cursed a jock or two, specially John Davila at finger lakes bang head
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »

john grabowski got hurt pretty bad when his horse went down 2 wks ago....he was hospitalized still, last i heard.....and he's no spring chicken anymore

bello

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 04:44:16 PM »

john grabowski got hurt pretty bad when his horse went down 2 wks ago....he was hospitalized still, last i heard.....and he's no spring chicken anymore

Crap, I didn't know he got hurt. I know he retired a couple of times due to weightes and I think he beacme a trainer a time or two, but he was always an excellant rider. I hope things turn out ok.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »

Crap, I didn't know he got hurt. I know he retired a couple of times due to weightes and I think he beacme a trainer a time or two, but he was always an excellant rider. I hope things turn out ok.

I am friendly with his ex-wife and she was training last yr, but I haven't seen her in the entries this yr...eh, maybe she found a rich sugar daddy to take care of her......it's what she wants...lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: