Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 06:50:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW Influence  (Read 1248 times)
swoodall

« on: March 22, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »

How much does Barn To Wire affect Illinois Racing?

One might think that anything posted here would have little if any affect on Track management or the IRB or Illinois racing in general,  but you would be wrong.  Why?  Take a look at Maywood's website and you will see that right after the Maywood handicapping contest they posted the names of the winners and congratulated them on their efforts and wished Steve Hamilton and James Walsh good luck at the Meadowlands in April.  What does this have to do with BTW you might ask?  I'll give you my opinion.

After winning Balmoral's handicapping contest they took pictures of Bob Muller (Dan Help me with the spelling of Bob's last name) and myself shaking hands and told us they would be putting our pictures in the program and on their website.  That was Feb. 18th.  Balmoral has yet to even acknowledge our winning.  Is this by design or an oversight?  Well considering my history of posts on BTW sometimes supporting Balmoral but here lately mostly criticizing their operations and then me having the gall to e-mail my complaints about the decisions made by the stewards directly to the racing office hasn't exactly made me their favorite race fan.  Why Bob would be ignored I can't say.  Maybe it's because of me.

My very loud complaining on Super Night 2002 about the treatment I was receiving as an owner with a horse in the Orange and Blue Colt finals didn't sit well with them either.  I made a big scene when my reservations,  that they approved,  for the first floor handicapped booth was taken away from me because I use a cane not a wheelchair.  This decided after we arrived (all of my family and friends too) even though I have a legal handicap parking placard and legal use of all handicap spaces.  After three races of that booth going unused they let us use it.  So if I hold a grudge forever,  I think I'm entitled to it.  They helped make my Super Night as an owner a nightmare.  My wife has NEVER been back.

I believe BTW is more influential then you think.  Next month if I finish first at the Meadowlands and Sam or Ken interview me afterwards and ask me my opinion of the state of Illinois racing ,  I'm going to state simply "It's a Dead Game Laddie"!

Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 05:40:55 PM »

swoodall, we were having the same conversation over lunch downtown today with a prominent standardbred owner.  He feared posting at all (he reads every chance he can) on BTW for fear that these corrupt stewards MIGHT mess with him, his trainer, or his stock.  I myself don't think the stewards are quite that vindictive, but he wasn't sure.  He's a 3rd generation owner and told stories of events in the past along this line.  Maybe Joe D or someone else can concur / refute these suspicions.  I told him a gift basket of K-Y and wig glue ought to make him a darling in that booth, but he just shrugged it off.  Wink  Considering they can barely get a pylon rule right, nothing is out of the realm of possibility.   trotter  TC 
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 06:04:04 PM »

One might think that anything posted here would have little if any affect on Track management or the IRB or Illinois racing in general,  but you would be wrong.  Why?  Take a look at Maywood's website and you will see that right after the Maywood handicapping contest they posted the names of the winners and congratulated them on their efforts and wished Steve Hamilton and James Walsh good luck at the Meadowlands in April.  What does this have to do with BTW you might ask?  I'll give you my opinion.

After winning Balmoral's handicapping contest they took pictures of Bob Muller (Dan Help me with the spelling of Bob's last name) and myself shaking hands and told us they would be putting our pictures in the program and on their website.  That was Feb. 18th.  Balmoral has yet to even acknowledge our winning.  Is this by design or an oversight?  Well considering my history of posts on BTW sometimes supporting Balmoral but here lately mostly criticizing their operations and then me having the gall to e-mail my complaints about the decisions made by the stewards directly to the racing office hasn't exactly made me their favorite race fan.  Why Bob would be ignored I can't say.  Maybe it's because of me.

My very loud complaining on Super Night 2002 about the treatment I was receiving as an owner with a horse in the Orange and Blue Colt finals didn't sit well with them either.  I made a big scene when my reservations,  that they approved,  for the first floor handicapped booth was taken away from me because I use a cane not a wheelchair.  This decided after we arrived (all of my family and friends too) even though I have a legal handicap parking placard and legal use of all handicap spaces.  After three races of that booth going unused they let us use it.  So if I hold a grudge forever,  I think I'm entitled to it.  They helped make my Super Night as an owner a nightmare.  My wife has NEVER been back.

I believe BTW is more influential then you think.  Next month if I finish first at the Meadowlands and Sam or Ken interview me afterwards and ask me my opinion of the state of Illinois racing ,  I'm going to state simply "It's a Dead Game Laddie"!

Swoodall

If you win the Big M. contest and go on TV and say " IT'S A DEAD GAME LADDIE " I'll pay for an all expense trip to Vegas on me.

That would be the greatest thing to hear on TV when asked about Chicago harness racing. 
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »

Swoodall

If you win the Big M. contest and go on TV and say " IT'S A DEAD GAME LADDIE " I'll pay for an all expense trip to Vegas on me.

That would be the greatest thing to hear on TV when asked about Chicago harness racing. 

Dear Dan:

Will you be asking for royalty payments with your quote?

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »

Dear Dan:

Will you be asking for royalty payments with your quote?

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

Let's give credit where credit is due. I did not come up with the quote. I only took the quote over because the person who came up with the quote will never post on this site.

I thought it was the best quote ever when he started using it. He also uses " LEARN THE GAME LADDIE " and " YOU'VE GOT TO LOVE THE GAME LADDIE "

He also uses a great quote " BALMORAL AND MAYWOOD PARK...... THE BIGGEST DELAY TRACKS IN NORTH AMERICA " .

Another one I like is when taking about Chicago harness racing now he says " NOT EVEN RELATED TO REAL HARNESS RACING ".

Let's give credit to the one and only Ricky V.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »

Let's give credit where credit is due. I did not come up with the quote. I only took the quote over because the person who came up with the quote will never post on this site.

I thought it was the best quote ever when he started using it. He also uses " LEARN THE GAME LADDIE " and " YOU'VE GOT TO LOVE THE GAME LADDIE "

He also uses a great quote " BALMORAL AND MAYWOOD PARK...... THE BIGGEST DELAY TRACKS IN NORTH AMERICA " .

Another one I like is when taking about Chicago harness racing now he says " NOT EVEN RELATED TO REAL HARNESS RACING ".

Let's give credit to the one and only Ricky V.

The question of the day is:  "Will Rocky V. (for Victory??) ever show up?

Thanks for the clarification.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:27:37 PM »

Steve:

You're slowly learning what kind of people the IRB, the Johnston’s, Langley, and Doc are.  This forum has brought them frustration and anger because they can't get away with special treatment and questionable integrity any longer.  The biggest joke is every time BTW is mentioned to any of them, they all reply, "I don't know anything about that site, or, I don't read any of that stuff."

This forum has become a great place for horsemen, fans, and anybody  who wishes to post their opinions and expose Chicago harness racing for the skank that it is.  There never was an avenue like this forum for mistreated and singled out horsemen and fans to vent their anger and hear "their" side of the story.  I thank Janine everyday for having an open forum like this where people can freely speak their minds without any forms of repercussion. It used to never be that way as I’m sure you know.

BTW is the #1 forum in all of harness racing, and thanks to great posters like yourself, we can see the truth of things without a pretty picture being painted in front of our very eyes.  The viewer has the choice to believe it or not, but it's great that all of us have an opportunity to post how and what we feel. We are fortunate to have people like you and Dan *** who tells it like it is.  Believe me, management hates this site and has tried more than once to shut it down.  LOL

This forum is loaded with former and current horsemen and women who add knowledge about the sport that all of us have come to know and love.  It can get a bit hairy at times, but the many posters are posting of their life experiences in dealing with some of the most miserable, conniving and rotten people in Chicago harness racing that you would ever have the misfortune of working around.  It is very sad how the majority of posters on this site view the Johnston’s and Langley.  Usually when one devotes his life to an industry and nears retirement, the general public is sad to see them go, the same cannot be said of Langley or the Johnston's. The horsemen and fans are counting the days, very often hoping for a fatality.

I'm afraid you are the victim of revenge because you went against the establishment by opening your mouth on this forum.  Think of it this way, you're not the first person to show thier true character by speaking up and posting exactly what kind of tyrants these people really are, and you certainly won't be the last to do so if I can help it. LOL  Keep up the good work and tell them to jam the picture of you and Bob Mueller up their ass.  In fact, I would sue them if they used your picture in any kind of advertisement.  If anybody asks you about Chicago harness racing, please tell them the truth and to look up this website, it's the only way things will ever get any better. Keep posting away letting all of us hear the truth; I never get tired of it! LOL Take care and good luck at the Big M.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Revel for Life)     

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:35:32 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 08:35:09 PM »

Steve:

You're slowly learning what kind of people the IRB, the Johnston’s, Langley, and Doc are.  This forum has brought them frustration and anger because they can't get away with special treatment and questionable integrity any longer.  The biggest joke is every time BTW is mentioned to any of them, they all reply, "I don't know anything about that site, or, I don't read any of that stuff."

This forum has become a great place for horsemen, fans, and anybody  who wishes to post their opinions and expose Chicago harness racing for the skank that it is.  There never was an avenue like this forum for mistreated and singled out horsemen and fans to vent their anger and hear "their" side of the story.  I thank Janine everyday for having an open forum like this where people can freely speak their minds without any forms of repercussion. It used to never be that way as I’m sure you know.

BTW is the #1 forum in all of harness racing, and thanks to great posters like yourself, we can see the truth of things without a pretty picture being painted in front of our very eyes.  The viewer has the choice to believe it or not, but it's great that all of us have an opportunity to post how and what we feel. We are fortunate to have people like you and Dan *** who tells it like it is.  Believe me, management hates this site and has tried more than once to shut it down.  LOL

This forum is loaded with former and current horsemen and women who add knowledge about the sport that all of us have come to know and love.  It can get a bit hairy at times, but the many posters are posting of their life experiences in dealing with some of the most miserable, conniving and rotten people in Chicago harness racing that you would ever have the misfortune of work with.  It is very sad how the majority of posters on this site view the Johnston’s and Langley.  Usually when one devotes his life to an industry and nears retirement, the general public is sad to see them go, the same cannot be said of Langley or the Johnston's.

I'm afraid you are the victim of revenge because you went against the establishment by opening your mouth on this forum.  Think of it this way, you're not the first person to show the true character, and post exactly what kind of people these guys really are, and you certainly won't be the last.  Keep up the good work and tell them to jam the picture of you and Bob Mueller up their ass.  In fact, I would sue them if they used your picture in any kind of advertisement.  If anybody asks you about Chicago harness racing, please tell them the truth and to look up this website, it's the only way things will ever get any better. Keep posting away letting all of us hear the truth; I never get tired of it! LOL Take care and good luck at the Big M.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe, at lunch downtown today, I made a friendly wager with someone.  They said that every internet PC at IRB HQ has had barn to wire entered as a web address at one time and it wouldn't surprise them if it was every business day.  I wanted to take the con of this wager, and before saying yes, I was given free odds (3/1).  I couldn't say no.  Now, in the next few days, I'm placing a "party line" call to the IRB, and asking my mole down there to confirm or deny this theory.  I could use the free odds money, but I'm not feeling good about my position.  Undecided   trotter  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 09:58:07 PM »

Steve:

This forum is loaded with former and current horsemen and women who add knowledge about the sport that all of us have come to know and love.  It can get a bit hairy at times, but the many posters are posting of their life experiences in dealing with some of the most miserable, conniving and rotten people in Chicago harness racing that you would ever have the misfortune of working around.  It is very sad how the majority of posters on this site view the Johnston’s and Langley.  Usually when one devotes his life to an industry and nears retirement, the general public is sad to see them go, the same cannot be said of Langley or the Johnston's. The horsemen and fans are counting the days, very often hoping for a fatality.

I'm afraid you are the victim of revenge because you went against the establishment by opening your mouth on this forum.  Think of it this way, you're not the first person to show thier true character by speaking up and posting exactly what kind of tyrants these people really are, and you certainly won't be the last to do so if I can help it. LOL  Keep up the good work and tell them to jam the picture of you and Bob Mueller up their ass.  In fact, I would sue them if they used your picture in any kind of advertisement.  If anybody asks you about Chicago harness racing, please tell them the truth and to look up this website, it's the only way things will ever get any better. Keep posting away letting all of us hear the truth; I never get tired of it! LOL Take care and good luck at the Big M.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe
         The IRB and the Johnston's along with Langley and Doc sure do hate this forum because they can't stand hearing the truth.

How do they like getting a taste of their own medicine. They sure knew how to dish it out and still do for that matter but no stones are left unturned on the site. Anything that happens at th track will be read about on Barn To Wire, and boy do they ever hate that!!
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 10:13:37 PM »

DN,
      Youa are so correct about RV and the fact that it is a "DEAD GAME LADDIES". Please give him
my very best when you see/ talk with him
swoodall

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 03:00:25 AM »

Dan, TC and Joe

Has anyone noticed the change Balmoral has made in the last week with their explanation after each inquiry decision has been made?  I ripped them a new ***hole in my e-mail for leaving the public with the impression that something crooked was going on in the stewards room.  I told them that every time they leave a controversial decision unexplained to the public,  the public comes away from the track feeling they got screwed.  I told them the more borderline the infraction the greater the need for an explanation after the race has been posted official.

I think regarding the inquiries I have had a positive and direct affect.  Tom and Dominick have done a good job in the last week or so trying to point out the stewards point of view and the reason for their decision.  Still don't always agree but it is movement in the right direction.  I asked them sarcastically "Who is holding the stewards accountable?"  Which explains Ben Wessels hubris in his responce to me.  They have at times in the past explained the stewards decisions,  but not every decision the stewards make like they are doing now.  All professional sports critique their official's decisions to determine who does a good job refereeing the games.  Then they rank their ability and performance.  Who evaluates the decisions made by the stewards to determine if they are competent enough to hold the job?  And how often do they have to review their body of work and do remedial training?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 03:53:17 AM »

Dan, TC and Joe

Has anyone noticed the change Balmoral has made in the last week with their explanation after each inquiry decision has been made?  I ripped them a new ***hole in my e-mail for leaving the public with the impression that something crooked was going on in the stewards room.  I told them that every time they leave a controversial decision unexplained to the public,  the public comes away from the track feeling they got screwed.  I told them the more borderline the infraction the greater the need for an explanation after the race has been posted official.

I think regarding the inquiries I have had a positive and direct affect.  Tom and Dominick have done a good job in the last week or so trying to point out the stewards point of view and the reason for their decision.  Still don't always agree but it is movement in the right direction.  I asked them sarcastically "Who is holding the stewards accountable?"  Which explains Ben Wessels hubris in his responce to me.  They have at times in the past explained the stewards decisions,  but not every decision the stewards make like they are doing now.  All professional sports critique their official's decisions to determine who does a good job refereeing the games.  Then they rank their ability and performance.  Who evaluates the decisions made by the stewards to determine if they are competent enough to hold the job?  And how often do they have to review their body of work and do remedial training?

In California harness racing, it's written into code that the steward must come ON THE MIC and explain the exact occurrance.  I think it's a pretty good idea to hear it right from the horse's mouth.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
off stride

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 03:41:18 PM »

if you dont think btw has an impact on illinois racing go look under the tom kelley thread and read his retort to the btw.. he attacks potrasalve and njhorseman.. shows they do read the btw...... ..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 05:34:45 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: