Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 07:41:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: favorites dominate  (Read 768 times)
jester

« on: March 21, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »

trotter fans, last nite in crete proved a nitemare for longshot players.the 1 dollar pick 6 payout was easy to hit.they raced like trained pigs,not any value, thank god for  horse racing. miller, widger, tetrick nite.

betting elsewhere,,,, jester dude
Report to moderator   Logged
off stride

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 09:38:12 AM »

with monday nite's handle just a tick above 800,000 there wasnt enough money in the pools for even the drivers to be up to no good, they will wait until the weekend when the pools are bigger, by the way nfld 'only' did 1.3+million on their 14 race card...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:51:38 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
bigwrench
professional left handed hammer opperator

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »

you mean mondays card was worse than sundays?? now thats baddd

Live harness racing in Toledo Ohio sucks, and its only going to get worse!!

if its got Tits or Tires you will have problems!
off stride

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:47:07 AM »

yep, turned the bmlp feed off and watched a real comedy show.... the WWE !
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 10:01:37 AM »

A friend  of mine, who is a casual fan at best, remarked to me recently that the payouts at Balmoral are looking like Maywoods. The quality has gone down, or gone away.  I'm going tonight so I'll see if I can find anything worthwhile.  If not, there's Rosecroft, Georgian and the Meadows.  Actually have hit some nice stuff at Rosecroft and Georgian the last few weeks.
Brian Collier

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 11:27:28 AM »

trotter fans, last nite in crete proved a nitemare for longshot players.the 1 dollar pick 6 payout was easy to hit.they raced like trained pigs,not any value, thank god for  horse racing. miller, widger, tetrick nite.

betting elsewhere,,,, jester dude

I've come to a conclusion that people like yourself just complain when you lose. I hear people complain when longshots come in, and people complain when chalks come in. If you're wagering on Georgian Downs, and complain about the quality of horses in Illinois then you also have issues. I downloaded the program from there for last Tuesday, the horses were so crappy I didn't bother. Half the races were Trots, and half of the Paces were NW1-4 crap, with alot of them being junk. So since you say you hit good there, it's because you took a lucky guess more than likely.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 12:26:49 PM »

Im not complaining because I lost.  I didn't.  Even a horse that pays $6 to win might be a value play if I think the animal should be even money. You should know that.  Crappy races are not necessarily bad.  The crappier the race, the more the good handicaper will excell.  That being said, obviously you can make more on longshots without betting larger amounts.  As far as trots, bring them on, I find them easier to handicap than paces.
abtruth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »

the favorite shuld win a lot so the betters wont think all races are fixxes.paco and enricky save all there monie to go to central america or for a carvesa or 2.drugs and betting on fixxes will take all the monie evry time.jasin = fixxes and mabee timmie to.stay away til they quit fixxes and go to green doors to lugh abut fixxes.paco says no body was their but they will come back and the wire will get them.truth
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 01:01:31 PM »

A friend  of mine, who is a casual fan at best, remarked to me recently that the payouts at Balmoral are looking like Maywoods. The quality has gone down, or gone away.  I'm going tonight so I'll see if I can find anything worthwhile.  If not, there's Rosecroft, Georgian and the Meadows.  Actually have hit some nice stuff at Rosecroft and Georgian the last few weeks.

They will start to look like Maywood's as the field sizes become more similar.  Obviously the post bias isn't as prominent at Balmoral, but there's 71% less trifecta combinations in a 7 horse field versus 10, so you'll see the prices drop.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »

They will start to look like Maywood's as the field sizes become more similar.  Obviously the post bias isn't as prominent at Balmoral, but there's 71% less trifecta combinations in a 7 horse field versus 10, so you'll see the prices drop.

Best,
EW

It already looks like Maywood's racing. What a complete joke the fields are. All I see are 6 and 7 horse fields or smaller.

I hope the Johnston's have to close down live racing when Hoosier opens because they have ruined Chicago harness racing.

Hawthorne is the only track left in Chicago that could save the game if they got 7 months of harness racing.

HELLO !!!!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. YOU KILLED HARNESS RACING IN 2006 WHEN YOU ISSUED THE DATES LAST SEPT. 
off stride

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 01:38:52 PM »

go over to the thru-bred side of this forum and see where  someone wants to run turf racing at hawthorne during may to keep the arlington turf course in good shape for their late summer meet.  sounds like ms propes and her crew definately favor the thru bred group, it must be tuff when you have to fight both corrupt track owners and a corrupt racing board.. to allow thru breds to winter at hawthorne thus cancelling their premeir winter meet appears just the first step in a conspiracy against harness racing in illinois
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 01:47:21 PM »

go over to the thru-bred side of this forum and see where  someone wants to run turf racing at hawthorne during may to keep the arlington turf course in good shape for their late summer meet.  sounds like ms propes and her crew definately favor the thru bred group, it must be tuff when you have to fight both corrupt track owners and a corrupt racing board.. to allow thru breds to winter at hawthorne thus cancelling their premeir winter meet appears just the first step in a conspiracy against harness racing in illinois

The t-bred industry in Chicago has also helped kill Chicago harness racing for the reasons you mentioned above.

Chicago harness racing has no chance to survive at the hands of all thse people. It's only a matter of time before harness racing in Chicago folds up like it did in the Quad Cities.

Come on, isn't the writting on the wall? Are people that blind that they can't see what's the future holds? Just look at the racing at Balmoral Park right now and tell me how much longer can this product survive?

If Hawthorne doesn't get 7 months next year it's all over but the crying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: