Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 09:09:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WRONG HORSE DISQUALIFIED IN BALMORALS FIRST RACE?????  (Read 1482 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2006, 11:02:14 PM »

I cannot believe my eyes, tonight's first race winner #3- Harmony Oaks Tom was disqualified from first and placed 3rd for interference to #6- Kruzintoaparty. Almost positive finished 2nd and was placed 1rst. What I can't believe is they show the head on replay and it clearly shows that Ryan Andersons horse (Almost Positive) drifted into Hiteman's horse almost clipping his leg and pushed Hiteman into Oosting's horse (Kruzintoaparty). No inquiry on Ryan Anderson who caused all the interference (Hiteman did nothing wrong and was almost knocked down by Ryan) but DQ Hiteman?? They show the head on replay (how many times) and still miss what Ryan does to Hiteman. I mean com'on guy's are you blind Hitemans horse was going in a straight line with Ryan drifting out?? What are you watching??? Every person at the OTB seen it clear as day. (even trainers and owners who did not bet the race were shaking there heads and waiting for the inquiry on Ryan not Hiteman. Who is making these BAD RULINGS?Huh
Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:37:43 PM »

More good work from those stellar stewards.  Wise men, one and all.  This ruling qualifies as one of the top 10 all-time WORST in all of harness racing history.  Just when you think the "wig" & Co. have screwed up for the last time, here comes another boneheaded call.   trotter  TC
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:39:57 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:29:01 AM »

I was totally blown away when they moved my horse up to 4th after Dale made a break infront of her in the 3rd. Usually I dont get inquiries ruled in my favor!
swoodall

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 01:30:48 AM »

When they showed the stretch head on view I took my pen and placed it on Ryan's horses nose against the TV screen and held it there.  Right about the 7/8's pole Ryan veered out into Hiteman and Hiteman reacted by jerking his horse to the right and into Oosting.  When you hold something to the screen to mark Ryan's position it makes his movement stand out.  He is suppose to maintain a straight path and he did not.  I have e-mailed the racing office on the Balmoral website several times about the pathetic job these stewards are doing.  They are an embarrassment!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 08:09:56 AM »

I was not at the races nor did I watch at home last night.  It does not matter what if you think the stewards made a mistake or not.  Do you guys get it, the IRB and management never make a mistake, and it’s only the horseman and fans that screw up. 

SWoodall, don't waste your time by emailing the Balmoral racing office to complain about the stewards.  Hell, doing something like that is the equivalent of emailing the IRB about track management, the USTA about Langley, or the IRB about Richard Breth. In the three aforementioned examples I have cited, they share one common denominator and what do you think it is? LOL  Nothing would get accomplished and you would be chastised for complaining.  Huh

This is a case where I think New Jersey Paul’s favorite saying should be implied, "same old, same old."  LOL  Wink

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:34:47 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Armonsol

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:43:43 AM »

Ah, what horse do we move, let me see your tickets.  Hand me another beer please and a smoke.
swoodall

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 04:18:34 AM »

Joe

I just received an e-mail back from Ben Wessels regarding my message about the Homer Inquiry when he went inside one pylon on American Lane.  In short he denies the video is clear on the infraction (B.S.) and he adds that the video's view of the infraction must be CONVINCING!  In other words all the stewards have to say as an excuse to cover their incompetence is " The replay wasn't convincing enough"!  Sounds like wiggle room to do as you please to me.  Haven't received a reply on this races e-mail.

He added at the end of his e-mail "In regards to your deflamatory (his spelling NOT mine) comments regarding the stewards,  my reply is simply you are entitled to your opinion which is clearly contractory (his spelling NOT mine) to mine."  TC help me here.  Did he mean contradictory or is this a word I'm not familiar with? 

If someone could pm me with instructions on how to scan my e-mail copy and import it into this thread I will do it so everyone can read the whole e-mail.

I am going to send another e-mail to Mr. Wessels asking how he or any other steward can get defensive about public comments on their decisions and use the EXCUSE that the video evidence wasn't clear and convincing?  This is the same group of stewards who time and time again have allowed the trees on the far turn to interfere with a "clear and convincing" view of an infraction without insisting that track management remove these obstructions.  Obviously they want the view to remain subjective so they have a built-in excuse when the public demands some accountability of their decisions!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 08:13:05 AM »

Joe

I just received an e-mail back from Ben Wessels regarding my message about the Homer Inquiry when he went inside one pylon on American Lane.  In short he denies the video is clear on the infraction (B.S.) and he adds that the video's view of the infraction must be CONVINCING!  In other words all the stewards have to say as an excuse to cover their incompetence is " The replay wasn't convincing enough"!  Sounds like wiggle room to do as you please to me.  Haven't received a reply on this races e-mail.

He added at the end of his e-mail "In regards to your deflamatory (his spelling NOT mine) comments regarding the stewards,  my reply is simply you are entitled to your opinion which is clearly contractory (his spelling NOT mine) to mine."  TC help me here.  Did he mean contradictory or is this a word I'm not familiar with? 

If someone could pm me with instructions on how to scan my e-mail copy and import it into this thread I will do it so everyone can read the whole e-mail.

I am going to send another e-mail to Mr. Wessels asking how he or any other steward can get defensive about public comments on their decisions and use the EXCUSE that the video evidence wasn't clear and convincing?  This is the same group of stewards who time and time again have allowed the trees on the far turn to interfere with a "clear and convincing" view of an infraction without insisting that track management remove these obstructions.  Obviously they want the view to remain subjective so they have a built-in excuse when the public demands some accountability of their decisions!
swoodall, who knows what he was trying for.  It may be that "contractory" refers to picking up some sort of social virus or disease, and "deflamatory" may be a medication to help prevent advancement of that disease - like AZT for example.  I know he did "Flenderize" a few words there and NJ Paul could help us with the name of a national assn. of stewards (if there is one), so you could perhaps forward this e-mail to them for enshrinement into their hall of fame correspondence dept.   trotter  TC  P.S. perhaps the author of that e-mail is a distant cousin of comedian Norm Crosby, who knows ?
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »

He meant "CONTRARY"
swoodall

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »

Your right Filmore,  that makes more sense.

TC

I have had a few second thoughts about forwarding the new e-mail I typed and saved in my documents.  If I piss them off too much they might ban me for life under that "Calling into question the integrity of racing" clause.  We all know who and what we are dealing with here and it might not be worth the risk just to get some personal satisfaction in reminding them that we are evaluating their decisions,  as we should.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »

Excuses and more bad excuses when does it stop??? When you have unqualified people this is what happens its to bad. Embarrassed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: