Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 10:01:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVG, YouBet, and Hawthorne  (Read 1172 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: March 19, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »

Various communique's from Dustin Johns at ITHA indicate the ITHA worked diligently with Hawthorne to somehow secure more money for the horsemen from all account wagering entities, and TVG and YouBet in particular, but he never says how exactly, or how much. At least the Hawthorne races are on TVG now, so that's good. Naturally the horsemen will respond by working extra hard to put on great shows with big field races, and not scratching out of races for no particular reason and to ruin them as betting opportunities. Right?

Anyhow, I asked around at the track today, and no one seems to know any real details of what the horsemen got out of this. Does anyone know any details at all they can share here? I mean, as horsemen, we're probably entitled to know exactly what the horsemen are supposed to be getting out of TVG and YouBet, especially in this day and age of so many "where'd the money go?" questions nagging the current ITHA leadership.
Report to moderator   Logged
muhammed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »

This type of wagering is still illegal in Illinois. But, when has that ever stopped the ITHA,
led by Joe Kasperski and Justin Cassidy, from being involved in shady dealings. Also, if
Ed Fluffy was involved in these negotiations, you know the horsemen got screwed.
Allah will punish all who have treated their fellow men unjustly.
Ponyplayr

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:51:33 PM »

I have been placing bets on Hawthorne via TVG for years.
So i'm not sure what will change,unless they plan to broadcast the signal for every race.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:22:46 AM »

I have been placing bets on Hawthorne via TVG for years.
So i'm not sure what will change,unless they plan to broadcast the signal for every race.

Do you live in Illinois?
Ponyplayr

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »

Terry...No, I now live in Florida.Prior to that I lived in Indiana.
Placing wagers on line is not a Federal Offense,so I'm not sure how Il could prevent you from wagering.
You could call Bris or TVG and ask them if you can,they know the law.
alydar66

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »

You Bet will not accept your wager if you live in Illinois and are trying to wager on an Illinois track.
Ponyplayr

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:59:01 AM »

alydar...True...The state can place restrictions on your wagering,but you can still wager out of state.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:57:46 AM »

You Bet will not accept your wager if you live in Illinois and are trying to wager on an Illinois track.

Your 1000% wrong alydar. Get your facts correct.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 10:06:16 AM »

a million % wrong. I have Youbet.com and I wager on Arlington ALL MEET, everyday. I live 3 miles from Arlington Park.

I was offered to go to IRG but I couldn't accept it because I was too close to Arlington.

You could go to Youbet.com right now and you would be able to get an account. I have been a member for 4 or 5 years now, maybe even more.

For the record, I have gone completely away from Youbet because of there lack of rebates, and I am now wagering through Pinnacle. According to someone at Youbet, they are getting rebates soon.
alydar66

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »

Im sorry, I was mistaken. But I do remember a few years back I had opened an account with either You Bet or You Bet Express  and went to make a wager on one of the Illinois tracks and was not able to because I lived in Illinois. Maybe that was when Arlington had that exclucive contract with TVG. Anyway, sorry for the wrong info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: