Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 20, 2014, 01:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me....  (Read 879 times)
Zoooooming By

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

race 9 at Tioga, what is wrong with a 2 hole trip behind a 1/2 shot instead of a suicide duel to finish far far back!!!  i just don't get it anymore.... bang head
Report to moderator   Logged

Instigators need to be RULED OFF!!!!
Moni for free

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:35:03 PM »

I don't know why anyone would fight a suicide duel there anyway, the front end is quite shaky there.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »

Just an aside about Northfield. There is NO passing lane so you get some aggresive driving you stop seeing these days.

My opinion of the passing lane is they should block it off at every track it exists at. Far less movement and too much sucking up the rail. It is one of the things that has killed the game. Linups galore.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »

Just an aside about Northfield. There is NO passing lane so you get some aggresive driving you stop seeing these days.

My opinion of the passing lane is they should block it off at every track it exists at. Far less movement and too much sucking up the rail. It is one of the things that has killed the game. Linups galore.
thumbs up
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:43:48 PM »

My guess is that JC will get revenge at some point down the line. That was bizarre on YG's part. why drive all the way to bumblef**** for a suicide mission?

As far as NFLD, how many races are won in the passing lane? 1 out of 50? 60? 100?
bello

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

This was meant about Tioga.....NOt Northfield..........oops
bello

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »

My guess is that JC will get revenge at some point down the line. That was bizarre on YG's part. why drive all the way to bumblef**** for a suicide mission?

As far as NFLD, how many races are won in the passing lane? 1 out of 50? 60? 100?

You are correct....Not to hijack the thread, but the N'Field passing lane is as dead as quicksand, which also forces movement from the 1/4 pole on and make for great racing.

Compare that to the Meadows or Yonkers. Better off sitting 3rd or 4th on the rail and sucking up than making a first over move ===== BORING RACING that give the edge to those who do not make a move. Complete lunacy.
Yonkers fan in KY

Yeah, Yonkers. 4 turns instead of 2. Deal me in!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »

To hell with the passing lane.  To anyone concerned, how many times does the passing lane get you there compared to how many times it kills you?

Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect.  The Pet Shop Boys
Yonkers fan in KY

Yeah, Yonkers. 4 turns instead of 2. Deal me in!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »

Has anyone ever seen a live view of the passing lane at Scioto Downs?  Don't be afraid to admit it if you have lol.  It looks like they drop about 4 feet into the ground when using the lane. 

Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect.  The Pet Shop Boys
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 06:56:51 PM »

How big did Princess race after that trip? What a great 5th. Anyway, I'm not much for talking much trash, but if it was me I think I would have had to ask YG how that decision worked for him??? (Where'd he finish?)

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
yeast

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »

For one thing Tug River wasnt 1-2 the entry was  and that included Southwind Tempo.   If Yannick lets him go they still go to the half in smoking time most likely he would get shuffled back when the rest of the mares attacked Campbell.   He was pretty much in a no win situation.   Campbells just brutal out there anymore the younger drivers just have there way with him. JMO 
Zoooooming By

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 11:13:55 PM »

For one thing Tug River wasnt 1-2 the entry was  and that included Southwind Tempo.   If Yannick lets him go they still go to the half in smoking time most likely he would get shuffled back when the rest of the mares attacked Campbell.   He was pretty much in a no win situation.   Campbells just brutal out there anymore the younger drivers just have there way with him. JMO 

and if he lets campbell go like a normal human being in a $160,000 race, how many you thing campbell would let go?? If I was the owner I would be pissed at that drive, that is all i know, this way he had absolutely ZERO chance of getting a check!!!!

Instigators need to be RULED OFF!!!!
yeast

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »

Campbell floated out was ready to tuck in the 3 hole Brennan closed the hole and made him drive on.    Whats Yannick supposed to do choke down down his horse so Campbell gets the lead. JC was the one out of posistion  not Yannick. So what its a 160000 race On the Glass will get his chance another day. Its not the gentlemen club  out there its  a horse race.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 12:32:34 AM »

I agree.  JC has gotten soooo bad & now no respect either.  You have to be nuts to drive him on something live.  And Tempo was the real 1-2, as you said, to answer the original question by zooming by.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: