Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 07:33:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lou Pena has officially ruined The Meds for me.  (Read 11138 times)
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »

Pena is guilty in the court of public opinion so I don't bet the Big M anymore

You know I would say a boycott or whatever. But from what I hear the big m isn't like some tracks. They just cant say we don't want you here leave.
I will say that he has really decreased my interest in even watching or following it and it is the mecca. Tough situation. As a serious bettor I would think having a guy like that just messes up odds and cuts the pools. I wouldn't bet a race with him in it.
I definately dont blame the meadowlands for this. It is handed to them.
Report to moderator   Logged
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »

I want to bring up a point about being able to condemn a trainer as a cheater even though we don't have a positive blood sample proving he's done anything wrong.

I think we all know that there are SOME trainers who cheat. Not everyone is honest. Do we all agree on this? DO we all agree that there are plenty of trainers 'taking an edge'?

If we assume the above sentence is true, do we think its possible for a trainer to DOMINATE horse racing while doing it honestly....given the 'fact' that a lot of other trainers are taking edges and using stuff?

Is it possible to be 100 percent honest and CRUSH your competition? This is the 64 dollar question.

if you can crush competition with oats and hay, is there any reason to spend money on high tech PEDs and risk getting caught and having your reputation tarnished when they obviously don't work?
delmar

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »

well guys i have news for you, if you afraid of Lu he is the least of your problems,4 trainers from calexpo are on the way to MEADOWLANDs just letting you know.   sneaky Bomb 
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:31 PM »

well guys i have news for you, if you afraid of Lu he is the least of your problems,4 trainers from calexpo are on the way to MEADOWLANDs just letting you know.   sneaky Bomb 

If cal expo has so many good trainers why aren't they dominating out there?
That will make 5 from cal expo. It is mathematically impossible for them to all to win 30%.
delmar

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »

they are.
nojuice

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »

It is mathematically impossible for them to all to win 30%.

Not if they all take turns and are in different races from each other.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »

Not if they all take turns and are in different races from each other.

OK you got me there. I guess if they all had the super juice it would just even the crap out anyway.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »

How's Lou doing these days, i haven't been following.
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2010, 11:09:43 PM »

How's Lou doing these days, i haven't been following.
I thought his Jersey horses weren't as sharp this weekend but still pretty good. Pocono's and Chester still en fuego. Does anyone remember when Pena raced at Garden State Park many years ago ? I heard something about him racing there in the early nineties but can't confirm.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
GGNJ

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2010, 11:11:31 AM »

I thought his Jersey horses weren't as sharp this weekend but still pretty good. Pocono's and Chester still en fuego. Does anyone remember when Pena raced at Garden State Park many years ago ? I heard something about him racing there in the early nineties but can't confirm.

Yes, Lou raced at Garden State, and he raced at the Meadowlands as well. He is certainly not a complete stranger to NJ harness racing.
Sober

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »

Can you guys please bump up more old topics with alot of views and replies? It's good for the appearance of the board even though the discussion is so old it's growing hair on it's legs.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

Can you guys please bump up more old topics with alot of views and replies? It's good for the appearance of the board even though the discussion is so old it's growing hair on it's legs.
Welcome back Dan nance (sober) and Scott Nance (nevertrustagreek).
So happy that we are getting along so well.
I agree Dan, we need some fresher topics.
Hey, can you tell us that story about how Tony Morgan stiffed your doped up horse Kissem Joe at maywood?
Doc Narotsky laughs so hard whenever he hears yor take on that race.
matter of fact a few years ago he had the replay pulled and showed it to a number of folks.
They were rolling in the ailes, especially during the last quarter of the race and when it appeared that Kissem Joe was indeed empty.
Maxim

« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

They are jealous they have no "old" topics.   head shake
Moni for free

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

They are jealous they have no "old" topics.   head shake
laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy nice work... post of the day
GGNJ

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »

Getting back to the issue at hand, considering the title of this thread, is there a general consensus that Pena has "ruined" betting for people at the Meadowlands? I am not talking about what he is doing, not doing, etc.---I am strictly talking about the impact on your betting?

What Pena is doing---has that impacted your betting? Ruined your betting? Of course with him being such a major factor it's impacted betting in that maybe some people are giving him second looks no matter what, considering him no matter what, and so on.

But has it impacted your betting in that you are betting less? Ruined racing for you in that you are not betting the Meadowlands at all?
nojuice

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »

Yes, Lou raced at Garden State, and he raced at the Meadowlands as well. He is certainly not a complete stranger to NJ harness racing.

He got suspended at GSP for watching out while another trainer was preracing a horse. And yes he's obviously affected peoples betting strategies, sometimes turning them off to the track on which he has horses racing and the sport in general.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »

He got suspended at GSP for watching out while another trainer was preracing a horse. And yes he's obviously affected peoples betting strategies, sometimes turning them off to the track on which he has horses racing and the sport in general.

I think this is right, i think Lou is in the 'heads' of the bettors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: