Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 18, 2014, 04:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT Tiger Pitcher robbed  (Read 1886 times)
ZENYATTA

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »

pigland,

how can you wish death upon race fixers while you are still tossing NANCE'S salad ?
Report to moderator   Logged
rock

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 03:12:50 PM »

Very cool thing today at the Tiger game. Joyce, the ump who blew the call is behind homeplate, Leyland sends out Galarraga with the line up card. Both men shake hands and pat each other on the back, later Joyce salutes Galaragga in the dugout. Very classy move by both men.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 03:13:18 PM »

pigland,

how can you wish death upon race fixers while you are still tossing NANCE'S salad ?
I HOPE YOU LOSE EVERY RACE TONIGHT AND NANCE WINS
ZENYATTA

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »

pigland,

how can you be wishing death on race fixers while you are knee deep up Nance's arse ?
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »

pigland,

how can you be wishing death on race fixers while you are knee deep up Nance's arse ?
IM GONNA GET IT RIGHT SOON,I KNOW IT
The Minister

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »

The play should not be reviewed. It should stand as it is. Does it suck? Absolutely, but it sets a dangerous precedent. Bobby Witt could've had a perfect game, but the blown call on the bunt came in the 6th inning. Oh well!  Is this a special case just because it was the 9th inning? Just because it would've been the 27th out?

How about traps on catches? Stolen bases? Fair/foul? Hit by pitches? Are all of these to be reviewed? This outcry for instant replay is strictly an emotional circumstance because of a perfect storm. Sure, hindsight is 20/20 when you slow it down to a frame per second, but at what cost. Instant replay would not speed up baseball games.

I know this may not be a popular perspective, but so be it. Galarraga pitched an awesome baseball game -- down in the books as a one-hitter, but remembered as a perfect game. And that is how it should stay.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:47:16 PM by The Minister » Report to moderator   Logged
JBCSFL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 03:29:02 PM »

Selig rules............... No, He will not overturn the ruling on the field.....it was not a perfect game.

Jim
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »

The play should not be reviewed. It should stand as it is. Does it suck? Absolutely, but it sets a dangerous precedent. Bobby Witt could've had a perfect game, but the blown call on the bunt came in the 6th inning. Oh well!  Is this a special case just because it was the 9th inning? Just because it would've been the 27th out?

How about traps on catches? Stolen bases? Fair/foul? Hit by pitches? Are all of these to be reviewed? This outcry for instant replay is strictly an emotional circumstance because of a perfect storm. Sure, hindsight is 20/20 when you slow it down to a frame per second, but at what cost. Instant replay would not speed up baseball games.

I know this may not be a popular perspective, but so be it. Galarraga pitched an awesome baseball game -- down in the books as a one-hitter, but remembered as a perfect game. And that is how it should stay.
WELL SAID BIG GUY

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
rock

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »

The play should not be reviewed. It should stand as it is. Does it suck? Absolutely, but it sets a dangerous precedent. Bobby Witt could've had a perfect game, but the blown call on the bunt came in the 6th inning. Oh well!  Is this a special case just because it was the 9th inning? Just because it would've been the 27th out?

Agreed, good points  thumbs up
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: