Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 27, 2014, 05:35:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE NUMBER ONE TOPIC IN THE WORLD !!  (Read 3119 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

As much as I supported Obama, he has screwed us all on this one!

Allowing BP control for so-o-o long was something I would have expected Bush to do.

Corporations care only about profits, not people's safety or their environmental impact!

How can any government allow them to police themselves?

What expertise does the U.S. Government have in cleaning up oil spills, or stopping oil leaks?

There wouldn't be any problem at all if the Bush/Cheney oil administration had not looked the other way while companies like BP ignored regulations and best practices and didn't put the proper safety valves on the well in the first place.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »

Most of you can attest to how much I despise Obama but I do not see this as his fault or problem.  This is strictly a BP, Trans Ocean (RIG), Haliburton thing, IMO.

Gov't is not prepared, nor should WE be to handle these kinds of problems.  What does everybody want Obama to do?  He's already insisted on clean up, payment, forget the 75 million cap - that's gone - I just don't know what you expect the gov't to do.  Anyone here want bigger gov't so they can "handle" this aka/ botch it themselves? 

Fact is oil is a dirty business & since environmentalists have gotten bans on drilling where there's plenty of oil shales in N. Dakota / Montana regions, I guess it's pretty ironic that they forced big oil to drill a mile deep into the ocean/gulf, where you have little control over your mistakes.

I believe BP will soon begin selling off parts of the company, especially everything it owns in the gulf & will recover as much money as they can.  Exxon, Royal Dutch are 2 candidates to buy assets.  Our gov't will agree to this with limited liability to the purchaser just to get BP out of the picture.

Ultimate irony: Oil will indeed head into southern area, be swept up by the gulfstream & follow the path that many hurricanes do, washing up on the shores of Great Britain & the origins of British Petroleum.

As for you numb skulls who think BP has more money than it reports, it's a public company with millions of shareholders.  "They" have nothing to gain by hiding assets (I don't know who "they" are that you folks are referring to).

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2010, 02:07:23 PM »

Gov't is not prepared, nor should WE be to handle these kinds of problems. 

The governments sole purpose is to protect us from things like this. In the future they should be able to deal with or they must make sure the oil companies can deal with this kind of thing. We have just struck the tip of the ice burg with this thing. Its going to get worse.
When BP is bankrupt who will the people on the shores who lost everything look to for help? You better believe it will be the government.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 02:40:57 PM »

What expertise does the U.S. Government have in cleaning up oil spills, or stopping oil leaks?

There wouldn't be any problem at all if the Bush/Cheney oil administration had not looked the other way while companies like BP ignored regulations and best practices and didn't put the proper safety valves on the well in the first place.

BETTYCROCKERTERRY is back to her old tricks again.Bringing up something that was Clinton's fault during Bush's administration was a NO-NO for the CROCK but the debating rules are now different since NOBAMA is in office.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 06:36:04 PM »

The governments sole purpose is to protect us from things like this. In the future they should be able to deal with or they must make sure the oil companies can deal with this kind of thing. We have just struck the tip of the ice burg with this thing. Its going to get worse.
When BP is bankrupt who will the people on the shores who lost everything look to for help? You better believe it will be the government.

You can regulate up the ying-yang - gov'ts sole purpose is not "to protect us from things like this" but lefties try to make gov't the responsible party.  The fact that the right is complaining is comical. 

Watch the gov't agree to a buyout with limited liability, making your last statement an accurate one - but it will not be with a bankrupt BP as they will be out of the picture.

Niatross, I have no idea why you'd ever respond to the Cocker, perhaps the most ignorant poster we've ever had here.  He must be put on permanent "ignore".

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »

You can regulate up the ying-yang - gov'ts sole purpose is not "to protect us from things like this" but lefties try to make gov't the responsible party.  The fact that the right is complaining is comical. 

Defense, police, fire departments. Stoping people from blowing us up and polluting our air and food and water. Basically killing/poisoning us.  To me that's their most important job. I hardly consider that a left wing stance.
I guess they have a roll in education but I am for school choice and holding the schools accountable. Then there are roads and intra structure. That's it all the other bailouts and BS is just BS.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »

All that's fine 3WW but the EPA already exists.  Somehow, we don't hear a word from them or about them.  They are a total waste-of-time & money beaurocracy.

Here, we're talking about a very specialized thing & you can't possibly expect gov't to be able to figure out how to do it better than private sector.  IMO.

Gov'ts role in protection - yes, I totally agree that we'd all be better off if we could limit gov't to just that.  But I hardly consider this "criminal" and there was certainly no intent unless you believe BP, Transocean & Halliburton were trying to dig their own graves.

Keep in mind though, that i also agree that in the end, the taxpayer will get screwed by this & that's when I'll join in complaining about that P.O.S. in the White House.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2010, 07:24:03 PM »

I think we agree pretty much on this dolfan.
My point is that if a disaster on this level is possible. The government should have a contingency plan. Like I hope they have one if a nuke were to ever be dropped on our land. I am just  shocked that something this horrible could happen  and the government says we can do nothing its out of our hands. We need to see how it all plays out. Heads are going to roll. They are talking about this thing flowing till October now? Its unacceptable by all parties.
noc

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »

did I miss something but did he not say that we, the govt., is in charge...Everything that BP does has to be run by and cleared with the govt.  Or did I mishear or did he misspeak ?  Which is it  ?  Is the govt. in charge or not ?  Was his speech then factually accurate or a load of BS ?   
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:38 PM »

Was his speech then factually accurate or a load of BS ?   

Was it from a teleprompter?

I think we agree pretty much on this dolfan.
My point is that if a disaster on this level is possible. The government should have a contingency plan.

Remember, there was no contingency plan when those planes struck the towers.  Much confusion & chaos.  The workers in the South Tower were told to stay put - that everything was under control.  The firemen went up the stairs as the collapse of the buildings was NOT anticipated.

I'm just saying that we're in unchartered waters here - Exxon Valdez was the captain's fault on a tanker - not an underwater explosion.  Just like a driver has to make a decision when that gate opens - or that horse goes down - or when a line breaks (remember Shelly Goudreau?).

There are many plans that the gov't has but not for every scenario - see Katrina.  Life is what happens after you make plans.

Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »

Most of you can attest to how much I despise Obama but I do not see this as his fault or problem.  This is strictly a BP, Trans Ocean (RIG), Haliburton thing, IMO.

Gov't is not prepared, nor should WE be to handle these kinds of problems.  What does everybody want Obama to do?  He's already insisted on clean up, payment, forget the 75 million cap - that's gone - I just don't know what you expect the gov't to do.  Anyone here want bigger gov't so they can "handle" this aka/ botch it themselves? 

Fact is oil is a dirty business & since environmentalists have gotten bans on drilling where there's plenty of oil shales in N. Dakota / Montana regions, I guess it's pretty ironic that they forced big oil to drill a mile deep into the ocean/gulf, where you have little control over your mistakes.

I believe BP will soon begin selling off parts of the company, especially everything it owns in the gulf & will recover as much money as they can.  Exxon, Royal Dutch are 2 candidates to buy assets.  Our gov't will agree to this with limited liability to the purchaser just to get BP out of the picture.

Ultimate irony: Oil will indeed head into southern area, be swept up by the gulfstream & follow the path that many hurricanes do, washing up on the shores of Great Britain & the origins of British Petroleum.

As for you numb skulls who think BP has more money than it reports, it's a public company with millions of shareholders.  "They" have nothing to gain by hiding assets (I don't know who "they" are that you folks are referring to).
A bigger Question is what are the Phins going to do about their safety problem?

I trust no one, not even myself~~
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

Niatross, I have no idea why you'd ever respond to the Cocker, perhaps the most ignorant poster we've ever had here.  He must be put on permanent "ignore".

LOL! As long as Niatroll is here, there will always be a rock bottom on ignorance to which no other poster can possibly aspire.

But, more to the point ... the current disaster, much like the financial disaster, is indeed a direct outcome of a long and concerted effort at deregulation and relaxation. That's a fact. Can't get around it.

Here's one opinion with supporting facts about deregulation in regard to this particular story:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/06/01/zelizer.deregulation.oil/index.html

Story about relaxed standards for testing blowout preventers leading to failure:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/08/national/main6469368.shtml

Not to mention, BP didn't bother to put in place the remote control subsurface safety valves.

How is it I haven't heard much of "Drill, baby, drill" lately? Lotta loudmouths keeping a very low profile for some reason.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010, 10:45:59 PM »

Ever been on one???

TS

Must we travel down this road again?

I slept just outboard of REAL Nuclear Warheads for 6 years!

Ever laid your head down next to one?

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »

Shove a warhead down it's throat and closed that figgin hole!

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2010, 10:57:03 PM »

Shove a warhead down it's throat and closed that figgin hole!

Or make it a lot bigger, one of the two.
race track phil

No minus pool rebates GOOFY

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2010, 11:59:04 PM »

I can't stand Obama and all his lies , but he is not responsible for the disaster that BP caused .  He is resposible for not going over the head of environmentalists who didn't want to let them burn the oil immediately . I thought they were suppose to have booms ready if a disaster like this happened . This could get a lot worse .

I just don't understand why they don't drill where its not a mile down where obviously its harder to stop than if it were 150 feet down ?

I thought they had plenty of places to drill !

RTP

Well the foreign oil companies will get richer .

My barber shop sends hair !!  Maybe everybody shave their head and send it so the environment people won't get upset .
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010, 05:31:49 AM »

A squid.  OK!

Thought so.

Thank you for your service.

Submariner--takes balls. Hazardous duty--You bet.

Battlefield-Uh! I'll bet the mud, blood, and gunfire was a real *** on that boat.

TS
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:32:46 AM by Tidy Sister » Report to moderator   Logged

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »

Niatross, I have no idea why you'd ever respond to the Cocker, perhaps the most ignorant poster we've ever had here.  He must be put on permanent "ignore".

You are right about BETTYCROCKERTERRY but I had a reason to do so.

We have a lot of new and different posters since Jan of this year and they are not aware of his background and I felt it was my duty to warn / advise them before they encounter him.

BETTYCROCKERTERRY IS A LYING RACIST ANTI-SEMITIC WAR VET BASHIING HYPOCRITE.HE HAS ALSO IN THE PAST CALLED EVERYONE WHO POSTS ON THE HARNESS SIDE AN INBRED.
Hattrick

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2010, 10:31:19 AM »

No. However, I'll admit, I've had a couple fat chicks in my day....blame it on the beer
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »

A bigger Question is what are the Phins going to do about their safety problem?

They say they like Chris Clemons but you never know - lots of talk around here about Atogwe.  I don't necessarily believe anyone from the Rams is any good, other than Stephen Jackson.

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2010, 11:14:02 AM »

Interesting read by 24/7 Wall Street.  Of course, all of you who are experts at placing blame will not like this at all:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/109706/bp-disaster-what-if-no-one-is-at-fault?sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

The article asks the question that could it be the fault of one or more individuals (possibly deceased) who may not have followed company protocol, but we may never know.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »

Interesting read by 24/7 Wall Street.  Of course, all of you who are experts at placing blame will not like this at all:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/109706/bp-disaster-what-if-no-one-is-at-fault?sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

The article asks the question that could it be the fault of one or more individuals (possibly deceased) who may not have followed company protocol, but we may never know.

Act of God. BP the company "may" have done nothing wrong. "Perhaps" just one or two sloppy employees ... well, employees of someone, but certainly not BP or ultimately responsible to them. screwy So "maybe" no one's to blame. Could have happened all by itself, naturally ... even though God doesn't do a lot of offshore oil drilling, Himself, and had that oil safely buried deep in the ground for millions of years.

Yeah ... great story.  head shake
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »

No. However, I'll admit, I've had a couple fat chicks in my day....blame it on the beer

That's funny!

thumbs up laughing guy thumbs up laughing guy thumbs up laughing guy

TS

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
Moni for free

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 01:27:50 AM »

Ya know.. I TOTALLY expected this to be another Sea Biscuit vs. Burton thread
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

When I see the videos and pictures of the Pelicans in oil I want to cry.
I wouldn't care if it was people people have free will. Animals do not.  For me when I see an animal in that condition it is the most shocking and sad thing I can see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: