Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 06:28:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it that RAs next start....  (Read 7179 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2010, 12:13:34 PM »

Thought i did, but if you want it in exact words:
I give Z's connections credit for running in the BC Classic.

Yes, you have said so, several times. So have I. It's been "admitted" many times that Z's BC Classic was the one possible exception to the overall chicken campaign, even though it was a last ditch last minute desperation move after they had said all year she was going in the Ladies Classic  Roll Eyes , and even though it has turned out to be the weakest BC Classic ever. They just like to hear you say it again and again, as though getting you or anyone else to say, "Yes, ONE time in her career they took a chance", is some kind of major moral victory.
Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »

They suspend reality for some reason when it comes to Zenyatta.

nah..it's all  just a ruse to mess with the 'zentards' heads .... laughing guy laughing guy

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2010, 12:21:22 PM »

You wrote what you wrote and there is no getting away from it.  You want people to believe otherwise.

Where did he write whatever you are claiming?

So many of these arguments seem to be caused by someone mis-remembering or mis-translating something that was said by someone else than whoever they are blaming.

Link to the original post (right click on any link for the URL).
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »

nah..it's all  just a ruse to mess with the 'zentards' heads .... laughing guy laughing guy

You know, you can come right out and say it like that 1000 times, plain as day, and posters like OTB and thoroughbred will just never get it. Or, intentionally pretend they don't get it, so they can keep arguing some more.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »

They have to show up to get beat. And so far everyone that has shown up has looked at her ass.  laughing guy

I love the quote!  thumbs up
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2010, 10:12:11 AM »

Oh, that's right: She just faced the world's best when she beat TAPTAM in the Apple Blossom. Now its time to rest up for the next race that will truly test her championship mettle - the Clement Hirsch.

Marcus, you are criticizing the wrong horse! You are forgetting that Rachel is the one who didn't show costing everyone an additional $5,000,000. How many good mares would have showed up if RA would have stayed in the mix? After all, she is the one you "voters" called the best in the world. Wink
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:24:39 AM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2010, 10:20:59 AM »

The funny thing to me is, after reading multiple post by Terry regarding how many times Rush Limbaugh has been divorced, I simply pointed out that perhaps the reason Terry hasn't divorced more than once is maybe there just isn't enough women stupid enough to marry him in the first place. To me that's a valid observation. Tell you what Terr, take two Mydol, things will be better tomorrow.

Good point!  thumbs up
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »

Marcus, you are criticizing the wrong horse!

I'm not criticizing the horse. How could one? She's done nothing wrong, and is awesome.
What I'm doing is looking critically at the campaign that is being organized by people around her.

You are forgetting that Rachel is the one who didn't show costing everyone an additional $5,000,000. How many good mares would have showed up if RA would have stayed in the mix?

I have forgotten no such thing! I was at FG the weekend of the NO Ladies, and the Sunday after spent the entire day tracking down this story and that as RA's camp sorted out their position. Not only that, I'm pretty sure in another post the last couple days, I specifically said it WAS NOT the Zen people's fault that RA didn't make the AB, thus costing the race prestige.

How many good mares would've showed up for $5 million? Not many, I don't guess, unless they're all hiding under rocks right about now. Didya have a look at the three major races in the division this weekend?

Another thing i recently posted: When it became clear that RA wasn't Apple Blossoming, and that the race was going to fall apart, couldn't Zen's people have changed plans if there are concerns about shipping her too many times? Stay home stead of going to the Apple Blossom, and wait either for a Rachel match=up or another race that suits Zen's great talents -- like the Foster?

After all, she is the one you "voters" called the best in the world. Wink

That's not what I voted for. I voted for the horse who had the best season in 2009.

If you introduce 'the best horse' into it, things become far too subjective. I mean, I could say i watched X win an allowance race Nov. 5 at Churchill in an amazingly fast time, saw his stride, saw his acceleration, looked into his eyes, and determined he was the best horse in the world. This was my OPINION, and so i voted X as horse of the year. If you use who one THINKS to be 'the best horse,' there's all kinds of justifiable wackiness. However, if you stack campaign against campaign and analyze things thusly, there will still be subjectivity, but it will fall less into the realm of mere opinion. If i thought two campaigns were of equal value, then i would probably make a decision based on the 'best horse' concept.

I never said RA was a better horse than Zen, nor have I ever felt certain that was the case.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2010, 10:43:36 AM »

I'm not criticizing the horse. How could one? She's done nothing wrong, and is awesome.
What I'm doing is looking critically at the campaign that is being organized by people around her.

I have forgotten no such thing! I was at FG the weekend of the NO Ladies, and the Sunday after spent the entire day tracking down this story and that as RA's camp sorted out their position. Not only that, I'm pretty sure in another post the last couple days, I specifically said it WAS NOT the Zen people's fault that RA didn't make the AB, thus costing the race prestige.

How many good mares would've showed up for $5 million? Not many, I don't guess, unless they're all hiding under rocks right about now. Didya have a look at the three major races in the division this weekend?

Another thing i recently posted: When it became clear that RA wasn't Apple Blossoming, and that the race was going to fall apart, couldn't Zen's people have changed plans if there are concerns about shipping her too many times? Stay home stead of going to the Apple Blossom, and wait either for a Rachel match=up or another race that suits Zen's great talents -- like the Foster?

That's not what I voted for. I voted for the horse who had the best season in 2009.

If you introduce 'the best horse' into it, things become far too subjective. I mean, I could say i watched X win an allowance race Nov. 5 at Churchill in an amazingly fast time, saw his stride, saw his acceleration, looked into his eyes, and determined he was the best horse in the world. This was my OPINION, and so i voted X as horse of the year. If you use who one THINKS to be 'the best horse,' there's all kinds of justifiable wackiness. However, if you stack campaign against campaign and analyze things thusly, there will still be subjectivity, but it will fall less into the realm of mere opinion. If i thought two campaigns were of equal value, then i would probably make a decision based on the 'best horse' concept.

I never said RA was a better horse than Zen, nor have I ever felt certain that was the case.

I stand corrected.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2010, 10:50:17 AM »

I stand corrected.

Hey - i may not be correct at all. There's a lot of ambiguity in 'awards' voting. Has anyone ever really defined what a team sport 'MVP' is?

What I appreciate is the more civil tone of your posting, mel4600. It is reminding me to try and be less sarcastic -- which is really hard.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »

wrong thread, sorry
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:05:08 AM by Grinder » Report to moderator   Logged

The more you bet...the more you win
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »

just thinking out loud, but a mile and a quarter on dirt, in rachel's backyard sounds tempting. anyone,anytime, anywhere
hmnnn. note the post date. from page 3 of this thread. Discussing the personel ensign  with terry.                           I hope this happens.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: