Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 07:29:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it that RAs next start....  (Read 7200 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »

...will be June 12th at Belmont in the Gr 1 PHIPPS.....after which she will be shipped up to the Oklahoma training track in Saratoga and remain till mid fall unless shipping to a race elsewhere.....seems being there 'keeps her head on straight'.....now remember.....this is just a rumor....but it comes from the 'inside'...so who knows....
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »

Wow, are you saying she would start in the Phipps and then not again until mid-fall?
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

Wow, are you saying she would start in the Phipps and then not again until mid-fall?

I believe she is saying that Rachel would be based there until mid-fall, which would likely include races, at which point she would presumably be moved to Churchill downs. That's how I read the post.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »

I believe she is saying that Rachel would be based there until mid-fall, at which point she would presumably be moved to Churchill downs. That's how I read the post.

BINGO!  Brian wins the prize!!!!  trophy trophy Smiley

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »

I believe she is saying that Rachel would be based there until mid-fall, at which point she would presumably be moved to Churchill downs. That's how I read the post.

I see, that's the problem with the written word...it can always be interpreted differently.

I can see them stabling her at Saratoga and racing her there.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:39:15 PM »

BINGO!  Brian wins the prize!!!!  trophy trophy Smiley

Of course you could just be more clear rather having us decipher what was written!!!

Your post says "shipped to race elsewhere" did you hear what if anything they have in mind after the Phipps??  The Personal Ensign at Saratoga??  I would think they might avoid the mile and a quarter.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »

I see, that's the problem with the written word...it can always be interpreted differently.

I can see them stabling her at Saratoga and racing her there.

Yea, I am taking lots of liberties in interpreting the comment how it was written, but I understood it to mean that should would be based at Saratoga unless shipped out for a race, but I didn't take that to mean it would preclude them from racing her at Saratoga while she was based there.

I think....
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »

Yea, I am taking lots of liberties in interpreting the comment how it was written, but I understood it to mean that should would be based at Saratoga unless shipped out for a race, but I didn't take that to mean it would preclude them from racing her at Saratoga while she was based there.

I think....

I got you.

I'm thinking she may not race at Saratoga as the grade 1 Personal Ensign is a mile and a quarter a distance that is not her best.

Should be interesting to see where they go after Belmont.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 01:54:42 PM »

I got you.

I'm thinking she may not race at Saratoga as the grade 1 Personal Ensign is a mile and a quarter a distance that is not her best.

Should be interesting to see where they go after Belmont.

I know that for lots of people that's the conventional line of thinking (some because they actually believe it and others because it puffs up other arguments about a certain other horse), but I remain skeptical of the claim that she can't get (and even excel) at a mile and a quarter.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 01:58:58 PM »

I know that for lots of people that's the conventional line of thinking (some because they actually believe it and others because it puffs up other arguments about a certain other horse), but I remain skeptical of the claim that she can't get (and even excel) at a mile and a quarter.

I say it because it seems that her connections try to avoid the distance.  Yes she won the Preakness but after that it seemed like a mile and a eighth was the furthest they wanted to run her.  To me them choosing the Woodward over the Travers was a clear indication of that, but we shall see.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 02:04:28 PM »

I say it because it seems that her connections try to avoid the distance.  Yes she won the Preakness but after that it seemed like a mile and a eighth was the furthest they wanted to run her.  To me them choosing the Woodward over the Travers was a clear indication of that, but we shall see.

And to me that was them deciding that winning over older horses in a Gr. I was more important to them than proving she could run another 1/16 of a mile against horses she had already beaten.

It will be interesting this summer all around, as I'm hoping the top runners will get tested everywhere, and the Stephen Foster is going to be good it seems, too.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 02:10:09 PM »

And to me that was them deciding that winning over older horses in a Gr. I was more important to them than proving she could run another 1/16 of a mile against horses she had already beaten.

It will be interesting this summer all around, as I'm hoping the top runners will get tested everywhere, and the Stephen Foster is going to be good it seems, too.

That's where we differ.  She faced a far less accomplished group in the Woodward than she would have in the Travers and of course that's the choice of her connections and they made the right choice.

I found it disingenuous when they claimed they were facing a tougher field in the Woodward and that winning that race was more important than the Travers.  True they had beat Summer Bird a month earlier in the Haskell, but that was a mile and a eighth and Quality Road was just coming back.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »

Of course you could just be more clear rather having us decipher what was written!!!

Your post says "shipped to race elsewhere" did you hear what if anything they have in mind after the Phipps??  The Personal Ensign at Saratoga??  I would think they might avoid the mile and a quarter.

OTB my friend, I'm sorry - I figured everyone would  know that  'shipped elsewhere' would mean any race not at Saratoga....could be Belmont in July....sorry for not being clear enuff  maroon
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:12:34 PM by Alpha Mare » Report to moderator   Logged

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »

I'd like to see her in the Ballerina at 7 flgs.....let her rip on the front end wire to wire! maybe she'll go in the whitney....

OTB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »

OTB my friend, I'm sorry - I figured everyone would  know that  'shipped elsewhere' would mean any race not at Saratoga....could be Belmont in July....sorry for not being clear enuff  maroon

No problem, as fans we all want to be in the know and watch her race  I'm hoping you had even more of a scoop than you already provided.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »

No problem, as fans we all want to be in the know and watch her race  I'm hoping you had even more of a scoop than you already provided.

that's all i know at this point..but the DEF thing is she is going to shipped to the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga very soon..along with some 2yr olds and a few others that need to develop 'bottom' galloping over the oklahoma surface.....Smiley

DonPietro

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »

Maybe a nice starter allowance series to get her confidence back up?   Grin
ZENYATTA

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 04:51:22 PM »

Maybe a nice starter allowance series to get her confidence back up?   Grin

It' probably an easier ship from Toga to Penn National for a 50K claimer.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »

I agree.

Jackson already had a Woodward in hand with Curlin and bypassed Toga's 2 top 3yo races for either breed.The Alabama and The Travers ranks as high and probably higher than The Woodward on most racing resumes.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »

You guys might think I'm crazy but I hope she dominates the race and wins by 5+ lengths. I want to see the "Match-up" talked about again because it has lost it's luster.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »

How much weight will the HOTY have to give to the other horses on the Phipps.

She was good last year.

This year off of her best so far?

clocker biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »

You guys might think I'm crazy but I hope she dominates the race and wins by 5+ lengths. I want to see the "Match-up" talked about again because it has lost it's luster.

but steve....the 'match up' will never happen....so why talk about it?

ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »

but steve....the 'match up' will never happen....so why talk about it?

I can see Zenyatta doing her thing and going to the Classic. I can see RA getting back on track, dominating the rest of the year, and running in the Classic. Why not? RA loves CD.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »

How much weight will the HOTY have to give to the other horses on the Phipps.

She was good last year.

This year off of her best so far?

Only her first race would have had any reference to last year. She'll probably be weighted according to her races so far this year. That's how handicaps normally work.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »

I can see Zenyatta doing her thing and going to the Classic. I can see RA getting back on track, dominating the rest of the year, and running in the Classic. Why not? RA loves CD.

it all looks great on paper.....I just doubt it will happen....

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: