Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 06:44:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TAVERN TALK RACE..... THE TRUTH PLEASE!  (Read 7970 times)
Dan Nance

« on: March 17, 2006, 12:58:35 AM »

I'm 1890 miles away from Chicago and don't know about this " Tavern Talk " race but I've read a lot about it during the last year.

Can someone please tell me the truth please? Was the race really suppose to be fixed for " Tavern Talk " to win because it was Brian Pinske's horse? Did " Doc " intentionally (fix the draw) and give Tavern Talk the rail in the race? Were the drivers told by Doc and Langley to lay back and let Tavern Talk win because Brian's family was at Maywood to get their picture taken in a race named after Brian to pay tribute to him after he was found dead? Did Ryan Anderson really get thrown against the wall by Heede in the drivers room because Ryan spoiled the party? Did all these things really happen? I would like to know.

If what has been posted on this forum about this race is true then tell me how Doc and Langley can still be employed in the harness racing business. I have read that Doc fixed the draw and gave Tavern Talk the rail. Isn't that considered race fixing? I have read on this site that Doc and Langley told the drivers to let Tavern Talk win. Is that not considered race fixing? I have read that Heede threw Ryan Anderson against the wall in the drivers room. How was Heede allowed in the drivers room when he is not a driver or a trainer racing a horse on the night in question. Where was Chris Ezzo when Heede entered the drivers room which is off limits. Isn't it Chris Ezzo's job to patrol the paddock. I know she gave my wife a hard time one night in the paddock and I had to set her straight on a few matters.

Where was the IRB when all this came down about this alledged " FIXED RACE "? Did they just turn their backs and look the other way? I guess that's what happens when the " FIX " comes from management and not a horseman.  If this race wasn't a case of corruption at it's finest then I don't know what is.       
Report to moderator   Logged
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:41:31 AM »

Hey Dan
Yes some of those facts are true...Dont know if Hedee did anything to Ryan
But Andy M. was ready to frickin kill him
Every driver knew that Tavern Talk was suppose to win
I dont know if the gestapo also was in on it
And Ryan won  the race with one of his daddys horse and paid around 30.00
True Facts
Richard Breth

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:41:48 AM »

I'm 1890 miles away from Chicago and don't know about this " Tavern Talk " race

rabble rabble rabble

If this race wasn't a case of corruption at it's finest then I don't know what is.       

Beggining of post knows nothing. End of post tells us was definately a corrupt race. Giants of literture the estemmed posters.
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 01:45:39 AM »

Beggining of post knows nothing. End of post tells us was definately a corrupt race. Giants of literture the estemmed posters.

End of post is my opinion after reading about the race on this forum.
Richard Breth

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 01:47:52 AM »

End of post is my opinion after reading about the race on this forum.

Right.
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 03:28:12 AM »

There was no "fix" on the race, but there was alot of emotional hopes that Tav would win that night! After the race some people took thier frustrations out on RJ, it was a mess. They had a memorial for Brian Pinske after the race and there was not a dry eye in the place.  " He isl truly missed"       Bobcat
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 03:32:40 AM »

Guess Pinske shouldn't have been doing what he was then?? And by your own admission people took their frustrations out on Ryan. Sounds like not too many drivers were trying then doesn't it?Huh
race track phil

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 03:41:02 AM »

DANNY ,   the only thing i know is that brians family was the track and every driver was in the tank except ryan ! the kid was in tears I heard after the race when the other drivers were so pissed off . who pulled the strings I dont know or will i assume . just ask joe ! one thing for sure whoever was responsible should go to jail and get raped ! it was'nt O J just ask joe he was'nt proven guilty in a court of law !            RTP
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 03:46:43 AM »

Supernaught  Where do you get that from my post? ,I never said that one driver did or said anything to Ryan . The frustrations were from some people who have never driven in a race that would think that everyone in the race should have "let Tavern Talk " win . When in reality that is not how racing is. Alot of horseplayers have this bullshit idea that every race is "fixed" might you be one of those idiots?
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 03:49:30 AM »

Bobcat, True horse players know that every race is not fixed, If they thought that they would never bet..
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 03:57:04 AM »

Absolutely not. But there have been certain arraingements made in certain races Who were the people who "took their frustrations out on RJ"So let me get this right-you're saying NO ONE DID ANYTHING to, or NO ONE said ANYTHING to RJ in the drivers room??? And if it was just some people-who cares??Anytime one wins some people are frustrated.
There was no "fix" on the race, but there was alot of emotional hopes that Tav would win that night! After the race some people took thier frustrations out on RJ, it was a mess. They had a memorial for Brian Pinske after the race and there was not a dry eye in the place. " He isl truly missed" Bobcat
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 04:08:31 AM »

Right,  who cares?        Anyway I didn't expect to get in a pissing match at all hours of the night. Dan you wanted the truth.? there it is!
Absolutely not. But there have been certain arraingements made in certain races Who were the people who "took their frustrations out on RJ"So let me get this right-you're saying NO ONE DID ANYTHING to, or NO ONE said ANYTHING to RJ in the drivers room??? And if it was just some people-who cares??Anytime one wins some people are frustrated.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 04:19:36 AM »

bobcat-there's no pissing match. Some people were wondering about the ethics of the management. And if there was a correlation between the Tavern Talk race and management trying to influence the outcome. Also if there was a problem some drivers had with RJ and his actions trying to win a race. Some people have accused management at several different tracks in the area of trying to influence the outcome when Farrington was wandering around with Rambling Willie on his retirement tour.
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 04:29:52 AM »

bobcat-there's no pissing match. Some people were wondering about the ethics of the management. And if there was a correlation between the Tavern Talk race and management trying to influence the outcome. Also if there was a problem some drivers had with RJ and his actions trying to win a race. Some people have accused management at several different tracks in the area of trying to influence the outcome when Farrington was wandering around with Rambling Willie on his retirement tour.
Supernaught, I'm not aware of management trying to influence the outcome,the race was a bottom condition and Tavern Talk was on a downslide, RJ beat him to the front and Tavern Talk was overbet at 1/5. I'm definitely not pro management but I do not know of any shady dealings going on.   Bobcat
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 04:30:57 AM »

No problem
arm and hammer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »

bunch of bs why not win the race and pay 30 i would have won too,  why honor somebody that od'd on the shit
arm and hammer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 09:21:41 AM »

when was the date of this race anyways
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 10:09:43 AM »

First off who the *** is Andy Miller to call someone an ***hole for winning a race?? Ryan should have taken a baseball bat to Andy's head and any other driver not trying to win that race. These *** don't pay the trainers and owners bills. Tell Andy if he wants to fix a race go do it with his own horses. Every driver, trainer, better, groom, race secretary, steward knows this happened and I thank Ryan for the one trying to win and for the one ruining the Pinske party. Anyone remember the horse Andy drove (left almost every week and not in the Tavern Talk race) and just happened to go wire to wire the following week at a price?Huh A total black eye on the sport. How many other times has this happened with people looking the other way??? I sometimes wonder!!! A federal investigation should have been conducted by someone other than the race tracks.
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 12:08:38 PM »

First off who the f*** is Andy Miller to call someone an ***hole for winning a race?? Ryan should have taken a baseball bat to Andy's head and any other driver not trying to win that race. These f***heads don't pay the trainers and owners bills. Tell Andy if he wants to fix a race go do it with his own horses. Every driver, trainer, better, groom, race secretary, steward knows this happened and I thank Ryan for the one trying to win and for the one ruining the Pinske party. Anyone remember the horse Andy drove (left almost every week and not in the Tavern Talk race) and just happened to go wire to wire the following week at a price?Huh A total black eye on the sport. How many other times has this happened with people looking the other way??? I sometimes wonder!!! A federal investigation should have been conducted by someone other than the race tracks.

I was told that Heede was in the drivers room and did grab Ryan and not one driver stood up for Ryan. Again I ask, where was Chris Ezzo and how did Heede just walk into the drivers room when the drivers room is a restricted area unless you're a driver or a trainer racing a horse that night.

When the drivers didn't stick up for Ryan that tells me right there a FIX was on and the drivers in the race were not trying to win. An investigation should have been done by the IRB on this race to see who told the drivers to " Lay back ".

After the ordeal in the drivers room I was told that Ryan went up to the Derby room to apologize to Pinske's family and there was about 50 people up there. These people told Ryan to " get the F*uck out of here " . My source tells me Ryan came back to the drivers room to finish his drives in tears, literally. Leaving the Derby room Ryan and the person walking with him saw Doc and Doc gave Ryan the most evil look from those eyes God planted in Doc's head.

I mean come on, what was Ryan suppose to do not try and win for the public backing his horse. Does anyone think for one minute that the public gave a shit about Pinske's family in the Derby room.

Too me this is unreal that such a thing could ever happen and it's my opinion that this race was suppose to be fixed but nobody told Ryan about it. And what makes matters worst the IRB turned a blind eye to this whole ordeal. 
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 12:17:53 PM »

Do you know how many people would have lost there jobs??? Everyone!! Thats why nothing was done.
tonymfan

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 12:23:52 PM »

Too me this is unreal that such a thing could ever happen and it's my opinion that this race was suppose to be fixed but nobody told Ryan about it. 

Sloppy race fixers if they didn't tell one of the better drivers about it. Joe Anderson horse, too?
Dan Nance

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 12:34:36 PM »

Sloppy race fixers if they didn't tell one of the better drivers about it. Joe Anderson horse, too?

I'm sure your man Tony was in the race. Another big race fixer.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 12:47:04 PM »

this sounds like a management f*ck up. they should have had a non betting or matinee race. to have one of his horses run in a race like this seems like a bad idea. of course everyone wanted him to win and im sure emotions were running high. you cant blame rj for this. management should have known better, imo.
juniorgolfer8

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »

I can tell you this I was in the drivers room and there was no doubt that Andy was all over Ryan for winning In fact every driver was. Here's the real question for you why was there a brian pinske horse in the brian pinske mermorial hmmmm? If he loses people are pissed  If he wins people think its fixed. Doc should have never put a pinske horse in the race period.
Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »

Do you know how many people would have lost there jobs??? Everyone!! Thats why nothing was done.

This is actually laughable. To think that a driver walks up to the Derby Room to apologize to a bunch of goofs sitting around stuffing their fat faces with steak probably paid for by Duke Johnson because he won a race.

Isn't that what he is suppose to do, win the race if he can. Only in Chicago (the city of corruption) could something like this go down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: