Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 09:06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gerald Longo .... DRIVING PRIVILEGES  (Read 4821 times)
noc

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »

Mr. Noc,
Are you also defending and justifying the  remarks made about Dean Magee ? 
If you are referring to burton's comments, you would have to ask him...
However, if you are referncing my post, I stand by it...I think that Dean Magee is a BAD DRIVER period. For him to go running to the stewards is in fact the pot calling the kettle black.   Nice guy or not....A BAD DRIVER period.  His % speaks for itself considering the drivers colony...An auto toss for me at Balmoral every single time...No ifs ands or buts..
I rarely bet Maywood but would toss him there 9/10 and that is generous.
Please note that this is my opinion having watched races for @30 years others may disagree so be it.
Report to moderator   Logged
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »

Weather Magee or Longo are a good or bad driver matters none. Repeating  made up stories posted by others , and you treating it like a truth is a stretch.
You can't really take seriously what Filly Nation posts. You can't really be that gullible. Can You??

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
noc

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »

Weather Magee or Longo are a good or bad driver matters none. Repeating  made up stories posted by others , and you treating it like a truth is a stretch.
You can't really take seriously what Filly Nation posts. You can't really be that gullible. Can You??
did actually drive one yesterday at Maywood...As to what filly nation said or did not say, I was posting in response to what Burton posted re Magee... I believe burton...If you have contrary info, then why not post it rather than get into this running I said , you said. 
So are you inimating that burton is stretching the truth ?
pezz97

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »

Noc, don't bother especially after what she said about a friend of ours on another forum
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:45:14 PM by pezz97 » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »

If you are referring to burton's comments, you would have to ask him...

Noc,

I didn't say anthing bad about Magee or anyone else in thsi thread.
I didn't say antything bad at all.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »

your about as smart as an oven mitt ***hole. i hope a car battery blows up in your face lol  Bomb   geezer
What an intelligent witty post.
Is this from that a-hole offstride who sits in his mothers basement in Ohio because he's afraid of women or is this one of those losers who love Walter Case the wife beater?
race track phil

No minus pool rebates GOOFY

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »

I just want to inform all that Longo did not drive in the 2nd race there was a change to Gary Rath .  I do know for a fact the drivers would not race if Longo was allowed to drive . I do not know if anyone led that balk !!

I doubt if it will be the last accident we see .  I have seen way worse and sometimes it is with good drivers . I don't condone reckless driving but it does happen and the best ever was Stanley Banks trying to kill A George Shaw on purpose at SPK and he wasn't even DQ .  You wouldn't believe what he did unless you seen it , today it would be a video on You Tube .

Looking In ,  you go back a long way do you remember the incident ?

RTP

burton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »

I just want to inform all that Longo did not drive in the 2nd race there was a change to Gary Rath .  I do know for a fact the drivers would not race if Longo was allowed to drive . I do not know if anyone led that balk !!

I doubt if it will be the last accident we see .  I have seen way worse and sometimes it is with good drivers . I don't condone reckless driving but it does happen and the best ever was Stanley Banks trying to kill A George Shaw on purpose at SPK and he wasn't even DQ .  You wouldn't believe what he did unless you seen it , today it would be a video on You Tube .

Looking In ,  you go back a long way do you remember the incident ?

RTP

RTP,,
I thought it happened several times?
I thought Busse also went after Shaw?
race track phil

No minus pool rebates GOOFY

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »

What actually happened was A George Shaw snitched on something that cost Banks a lot on lawyer fee's about race fixing .  Then Banks and his pals tried there best to not let Shaw win any races and hung him out the whole mile and would sacrifice there horse to do so , but it was in vain plenty of times because Shaw had some real good imports and still won plenty . The race i'm referring to Banks was driving a Thorpe Messenger colt that I cannot remember the name though and when he seen Shaw coming on the stretch turn he turned around and pulled his horse from the rail and hit Shaw where the bike went sideways in the air with Shaw hanging on almost falling out sideways !!!  It was unbelieveable how he didn't fall out , and if someone thinks i'm exaggerating come to Maywood and I will introduce you to a friend who bet 10 bucks on Banks and could not believe NO INQUIRY . He works at the tracks !!  Big Tony ---  No he doesn't valet unless its a semi truck .

That's just for him when he reads this !   maroon

RTP

Shaw left Chicago not too long after !!
Leathas Boy

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »

I believe you! Racing back then was much different  than it is today not as many crybabies when you messed you got dumped in the middle of the track my menter even thought me how to lock up wheels with somebody and flip them out of the bike but those were the old undersloan sulkys It was a different time people would'nt understand unless you lived it Racing was'nt a game it was a way of life
FILLYNATION

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »

Old school harness racing at its best and i remember being a young girl watching horses railside . nice to read about how racing was in the day !!!!!
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »

Threads like this one make BTW, every member, every poster , and harness racing look BAD  !!  What is to like about that?

this thread is one the most harmless one,s on btw,,,,,,were all putting in coments on a recent accident,and if the comical side  about who sucks and who may be a dope head bothers you, than you got serious problems,if you would note that the couple of comments on magee were followed by the LAUGHING GUY simble,,,,,,,and in my opinion mr dean magee would have no drives nor would he be in racing if it werent for brother dave,,,,,,,this is harmless opinions
noc

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 09:02:08 PM »

Talked to a friend who was in the paddock that night.
Dean Magee apparently led the charge to stay out if Longo was in.
My friend (who didn't see the incident) heard Longo tell some folks that Oosting and Curtin wnet down in an accident.
But Longo never mentioned he was involved.
this is what you said and I was referring to...Never said it was bad...Just referred to it.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 10:52:10 PM »

the drivers and there  fighting has been better than the racing in chicagoland
GBC

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 11:11:13 PM »

Talked to a friend who was in the paddock that night.
Dean Magee apparently led the charge to stay out if Longo was in.
My friend (who didn't see the incident) heard Longo tell some folks that Oosting and Curtin wnet down in an accident.
But Longo never mentioned he was involved.

people never cease to amaze me , put the guy who "led the charge" down as driver  Roll Eyes

1 SAND FOREVER L 1 2-1T 1-1Q - 1-1H 1-NK 1:25.1  3.40 De Magee  Ge Longo 
4 SAILORS SKY L 4 5-6 3o-3 - 3-2H 2-NK 1:25.1  *.70 To Warren  Pe Smith 
3 SEEMINGLY Z TAM L 3 4-4H 2o-1Q - 2-1H 3-1 1:25.2  5.60 Ma Miller  Al Scholz 
5 EASTER ICON L 5 6-8 5-6T - 5-9Q 4-11 1:27.2  12.60 Ro Smolin  Ge Clegg 
8 SPRINGLAKE DRAGON L 7 7-9T 6-8Q - 6-10T 5-11H 1:27.2  62.70 Ca Leonard  Al Kopiec 
6 ONEMAGICALMOMENT L 6 3o-3H 4-4 - 4-7H 6-14 1:28.0  35.50 Da Hiteman  Wa Haynes 
2 SHEA STADIUM N L 2 1x-1T 7-24Q - 7-28T 7-32 1:31.3  5.90 De Chupp  De Cozzi 

Time-27.3; 56.2; ; 1:25.1

1-SAND FOREVER (Dean Magee) 8.80 3.00 2.80 
4-SAILORS SKY (Todd Warren)  2.40 2.20 
3-SEEMINGLY Z TAM (Marcus Miller)   2.60 
WIN PLACE & SHOW
  Pool: $14,283.00

EXACTA 1-4 20.60 
  Pool: $12,728.00
50 CENT TRIFECTA 1-4-3 11.20 
  Pool: $20,707.00
  Comment: RACE POOL $14,283 EXOTIC POOL $36,448

1st SAND FOREVER (5, G, STAND FOREVER - SAND TRICK - SANDMAN HANOVER)
Winning Owners: Gerald Longo,Crete,IL

balmoralpark

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »

RIP Stanley Banks they are still remembering your great career !! beer
bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »

Funny stuff! Sorry people but Burton has been misinformed by his "friend" in the paddock, I was not leading any driver boycott. If you don't know things for fact, then keep quiet!  I don't know if the kettle is black ,but a friend of mine from the paddock said it was!  So it must be black.  bang head
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »

Funny stuff! Sorry people but Burton has been misinformed by his "friend" in the paddock, I was not leading any driver boycott. If you don't know things for fact, then keep quiet!  I don't know if the kettle is black ,but a friend of mine from the paddock said it was!  So it must be black.  bang head

HEY DEAN,,STFU!!!,,why don,t you worry about making a living at mc'donalds or walmart,,,,, instead of hanging around the tracks trying to pick up the drives your brother declines  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Leathas Boy

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »

Those of you who ever actually raced in Illinois know that Dean is a very capable driver I raced and drove with him quite a few times unless you have been there your opinion is just that   chillpill
Yonkers fan in KY

Yeah, Yonkers. 4 turns instead of 2. Deal me in!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »

Mr. Noc,
Are you also defending and justifying the  remarks made about Dean Magee ?  

And lets not forget the car battery comment. Are you backing that also?
The car battery comment was HILARIOUS!!!!  It backs itself.

Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect.  The Pet Shop Boys
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »

Those of you who ever actually raced in Illinois know that Dean is a very capable driver I raced and drove with him quite a few times unless you have been there your opinion is just that   chillpill

Definition of capable:
1.  Having capacity or ability; efficient and able: a capable administrator.
2. Having the ability required for a specific task or accomplishment; qualified: capable of winning.
3. Having the inclination or disposition: capable of violence.
4. Permitting an action to be performed: an error capable of remedy; a camera capable of being used underwater.

Could you please specify which definition you are referring to before anyone gets criticized?   

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »

Congrats to Dean Magee on 2 very nice and capable drives last night....Fox valley Oracle in the 3yr old pacing filly Violet Final...and St Louis Holiday in the 3 yr old filly trotting elimination....thats definition number 2 when i refer to capable...
burton

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »

Good to see JoeB back at BTW.
One of the most knowledgable handicappers in all of Chicago.
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »

Burton - thx but handicapping Chicago is less and less enjoyable as each day passes - and for some reason the Big M doesn't excite me too much either - I'm considering becoming a fan of the Mohawk / Woodbine circuit as my main harness racing venue..
burton

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »

Burton - thx but handicapping Chicago is less and less enjoyable as each day passes - and for some reason the Big M doesn't excite me too much either - I'm considering becoming a fan of the Mohawk / Woodbine circuit as my main harness racing venue..
Toronto?
That's interesting Joe.
You might want to look here starting this Friday.
A self proclaimed Mohawk/Woodbine expert named Sea Biscuit is going to start posting her picks for all to see.
Should be interesting.
Good luck Joe!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: