Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 02:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gerald Longo .... DRIVING PRIVILEGES  (Read 4843 times)
FILLYNATION

« on: May 13, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »

Did Longo lose his driving privileges or did he just get smart and try and find a better driver . When you see a driver like rolling Smellin winning  with with a Longo trained horse . It makes you think how bad is longo as a driver . After almost killing Oosting last Friday Longo hasn't driven at all .We watched Longo drive quite a bit at Running Aces a couple years ago and he really drove pretty well . Seems like he may have diminished skills or is just gun shy ...
Report to moderator   Logged
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:38:16 AM »

After the Oosting accident one of the posters here said he heard some of the drivers went to the stewards afterward and reportedly told them they would not drive in another race Longo was driving in.

Has anyone verified that as fact? If it's true, that may be the reason why we haven't seen Longo drive.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 07:59:38 AM »

Did Longo lose his driving privileges or did he just get smart and try and find a better driver . When you see a driver like rolling Smellin winning  with with a Longo trained horse . It makes you think how bad is longo as a driver . After almost killing Oosting last Friday Longo hasn't driven at all .We watched Longo drive quite a bit at Running Aces a couple years ago and he really drove pretty well . Seems like he may have diminished skills or is just gun shy ...

Don't know what the outcome was at Maywood. As far as Rolling Aces, everything is relative. I beoeve Joey Mapes is perennial leading driver.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »

I didn't know drivers could keep other drivers from driving .But in Illinois anything that happens doesn't surprise me .
bello

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:17:19 AM »

Jockeys at Penn National refused to ride if horses trained by Mike Gill continued to race. They felt thier live were in danger as those horses had a propensity to break down.

Same concept.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »

thats a fact, jack!  dangerous now and has been for 25 years. caused a bad wreck at prairie meadows last fall too
noc

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 11:47:02 AM »

Driver Change to Smolin paid huge dividends for some...Not for me but My buddy was all over that.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »

After the Oosting accident one of the posters here said he heard some of the drivers went to the stewards afterward and reportedly told them they would not drive in another race Longo was driving in.

Has anyone verified that as fact? If it's true, that may be the reason why we haven't seen Longo drive.
Talked to a friend who was in the paddock that night.
Dean Magee apparently led the charge to stay out if Longo was in.
My friend (who didn't see the incident) heard Longo tell some folks that Oosting and Curtin wnet down in an accident.
But Longo never mentioned he was involved.
noc

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »

Talked to a friend who was in the paddock that night.
Dean Magee apparently led the charge to stay out if Longo was in.
My friend (who didn't see the incident) heard Longo tell some folks that Oosting and Curtin wnet down in an accident.
But Longo never mentioned he was involved.
find it  laughing guy bang head that Dean Magee led the charge...Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »

i doubt dean magee led the charge. either way longo shouldnt be driving
GH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

Jockeys at Penn National refused to ride if horses trained by Mike Gill continued to race. They felt thier live were in danger as those horses had a propensity to break down.

Same concept.
They broke down because some were deliberately injured by opponents of Gill. I lived in Oxford and that's the truth,and not from Gill. Gill win $3M in purses up in Grantville and that was from $0 about 2 1/2 years ago when Gill was on the MJC and in Delaware mostly. The fix was in and Gill has quit the business again.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »

find it  laughing guy bang head that Dean Magee led the charge...Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
      how can dean magee lead the way here,i didnt think he got more than 1 or 2 drives a nite,,,i mean the guy sucks,,,they could of lied and at least say a regular driver led the boycot,,,,,,come on thats like saying oprah windfrey is boycotting cookies,can,t be true
FILLYNATION

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »

Dean  calling for some pot is more like it
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »

Dean  calling for some pot is more like it
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Tidy Sister

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 04:19:15 AM »

how can dean magee lead the way here,i didnt think he got more than 1 or 2 drives a nite,,,i mean the guy sucks,,,they could of lied and at least say a regular driver led the boycot,,,,,,come on thats like saying oprah windfrey is boycotting cookies,can,t be true

Oprah Windfrey is boycotting cookies!

Oh--The humanity! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

TS

IT IS BETTER NOT TO ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 07:27:36 AM »

To bad *** is not still up, Then garbage like this thread would have a better home.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
balmoralpark

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »

Longo got 7 days !
noc

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »

To bad *** is not still up, Then garbage like this thread would have a better home.
thanks for your opinion..You don't like a topic then don't read it.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:42 AM »

i doubt dean magee led the charge. either way longo shouldnt be driving
I doubt that you know your exterior from a hole in the ground.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »

Well said   noc

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »

I doubt that you know your exterior from a hole in the ground.

your about as smart as an oven mitt ***hole. i hope a car battery blows up in your face lol  Bomb   geezer
Hoberz

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »

Longo got 7 days !

I don't even see shit in the USTA rulings -- do the Chicago judges ever do anything? I never see a damn $50 fine for any kind. I guess you can drive in Chicago without worried about being fined or whatever else.

TALK horses & handicapping over at www.thelightninglane.com
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

thanks for your opinion..You don't like a topic then don't read it.
Threads like this one make BTW, every member, every poster , and harness racing look BAD  !!  What is to like about that?

As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
noc

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 03:15:13 PM »

Threads like this one make BTW, every member, every poster , and harness racing look BAD  !!  What is to like about that?
a incident occured during a race which could have resulted in serious injury to horse and man...Someone or a combinations of someones were the proximate cause...How is this not race related ?  Why shouldn't people who saw the race be entitled to voice an opinion...
IF IN FACT Longo got 7 days then the stewards determined he was at fault.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 03:55:44 PM »

Mr. Noc,
Are you also defending and justifying the  remarks made about Dean Magee ?  

And lets not forget the car battery comment. Are you backing that also?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:08:24 PM by looking in » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: