Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 10:04:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fort Apache:Rosecroft  (Read 5475 times)
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »

The sad part is the hatred that is flowing from the backstretch.  

It is very sad that they are letting their bitterness and meanness ruin relationships. They are burning bridges that will never be rebuilt. I understand some of the small timers are out of the business once the free ride is over but some of the legit horsemen I don't understand at all.
By the way I have never been employed by anyone. Never received a dime from anyone associated with the track or CEI. I used to push hundreds of dollars a night through the windows when we had live racing. I basically am the reason they felt they should be able to live rent free on the dole forever. Well sorry folks the industry is in distress. Rosecroft isn't even offering the Preakness today. There isn't anymore money they can extract from hard working horseman and gamblers. The free ride is over. Instead of being happy for 20 years of a free ride though they are trying to sabotage the sale and PREVENT live racing at Rosecroft.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:40:14 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
KRS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »

Personally I think that when the police come to remove them that they should be charged and arrested. I would also consider some of the real trouble makers for permanent exclusion if there is ever racing again. I have really had it with the lies and harassment from the very few trouble makers. I have had it and would love to see management play real hardball with them. Management has always been too lenient with them and they continue to take advantage of that. I am glad management is doing everything by the book though. Let me ask the trouble makers this? Is it worth burning all your bridges and alienating all these people to just extend your stay by 1 more week? I also cant imagine squatting somewhere that I wasn't wanted. Kudos to the few who moved out and obeyed the law.
People are trying to save Rosecroft now is all. All the trouble makers want to do is close Rosecroft permanently. I don't really like that or want that. you got the 2 or 3 idiots leading the way (they are the ones id arrest and exclude forever) and a few who aren't smart enough to know they are telling them 100% lies. Its a sad situation.

big words for such a pea brain tell me did your ears start steaming??? oh thats right there would have to be something in your head other than air to cause friction to get the steam.. you really ought to get your facts straight before you go spouting off.. oh that's right AIRHEADS don't have the capacity to have rational or sensible thoughts...   
Report to moderator   Logged
KRS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 03:07:06 PM »

3 wideandwingin is not a horseman. He is a close friend of the acting manager. Although Rosecroft has not had live racing for 2 years, he is still employed by Cloverleaf E.I. in the clubhouse. The horsemen still own the track, Mark Vogel has not purchased it or obtained a racing license. All the horsemen want is for the track to remain open as a training center until it is sold. Save Rosecroft is managements answer to Save harness racing at Rosecroft, which was put on facebook first by horsemen. If you really want factual & unbiased info about what is happening & has happened at RcR, google Mark Vogel Rosecroft & Rosecroft Raceway Maryland. Read & judge for yourself. You have not been given all of the facts.

THANK~YOU!!!!! you said it all...
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

big words for such a pea brain tell me did your ears start steaming??? oh thats right there would have to be something in your head other than air to cause friction to get the steam.. you really ought to get your facts straight before you go spouting off.. oh that's right AIRHEADS don't have the capacity to have rational or sensible thoughts...   

Sad that they know not what they do. This one said some of the most liable and slanderous things of them all. That have been documented and sent to the proper authorities. I will let them remain anonymous because I will continue to show class. Lets just say they and she in particular use the old *** tactics. And to think I told good people to not contact lawyers etc etc. But luckily they did. Not much you can do as far as suing someone who has a net worth of zero but it is also criminal some of the things they engage in. They wonder why no one wants a backstretch anymore. Look at all the trouble they have caused just trying to get rid of them. No one wants you. Who stays where they aren't wanted?
Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »

The track has 30 people betting during the day at the most. Monday is Monticello and Keno horse racing only. 3.00 pm bangor and 4pm plainridge. Nightime i belive a few other tracks avaible. Most of the bettors are on fixed incomes. The good news most of the bums who jammed the machines with tickects from the floor and trash are gone. The bad news so little is bet the bums are gone. LOL.   

But if you like rugby, mens and women, am boxing, bingo and computer shows please stop in. My point being the track is losing money everyday it opens the doors. 35k a month is the cost of keeping the backstretch open or something close to that.  With out the last loan from the person trying to buy the  track. Rosecroft would be CLOSED. 
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 10:57:58 PM »

My point being the track is losing money everyday it opens the doors. 35k a month is the cost of keeping the backstretch open or something close to that.  With out the last loan from the person trying to buy the  track. Rosecroft would be CLOSED.  

They do not care about live racing ever coming back. They care about themselves. They have openly stated that if they cant have their welfare state on the backstretch they want the entire track to close. Real nice people. No backstretch means no track to them and they will do whatever it takes to close the track. At least now that they have to pay some money the track may survive. Because I don't see them paying $8,000.00 every 10 days. No way. Especially when only 2 of them could even think about having that much money. They don't care about truth or facts or they wouldn't have banned me from their site. If there is one thing about me I have truth and integrity. That small group has none. They are all still welcomed to post here or on my FB page. I cannot theirs.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:25:25 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
Croft

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »

Washington Post article this morning on the closing of the Rosecroft backstretch.
tony clifton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 01:09:07 PM »

Washington Post article this morning on the closing of the Rosecroft backstretch.

That picture they used looks like they pulled it from a Haiti Relief Effort article. That poor man and horse - conditions there look awful
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »

That picture they used looks like they pulled it from a Haiti Relief Effort article. That poor man and horse - conditions there look awful

You'd think they would have put a coat of paint on something in the last 25 years if it meant so much to them. It does remind you of Haiti after the quake.
I love Mr Rogers quote in there it really sums the squattors up. Sadly some are no longer my friend. And that is actually very sad for me.

"It's just the brazen selfishness of that group there," Rogers said. "They're all friends of ours. . . . But the backstretch is going to close."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:36:40 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »

Oh this is funny. They had to pay $8,000.00 for the last 10 days. well one of the 2 guys with money put it up. But they thought they would get the 8,000 back  laughing guy
it wasn't like a retainer it was to pay for all that they cost RCR every 10 days. So the judge says it will be $10,000 for the next 10 days. Like I said earlier in this thread I don't see them paying it. So everything will be locked up again Monday and the track will be blocked again. Maybe they will do what everyone wants them to do and leave finally. then we can begin to mend fences and really focus on trying to return live racing to rosecroft. I think this might finally exterminate this problem. Just looking at how impossible it has been trying to get rid of them I can see why no track wants a backstretch anymore. I wouldn't ever want one again.
tony clifton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 11:54:03 AM »

Oh this is funny. They had to pay $8,000.00 for the last 10 days. well one of the 2 guys with money put it up. But they thought they would get the 8,000 back  laughing guy
it wasn't like a retainer it was to pay for all that they cost RCR every 10 days. So the judge says it will be $10,000 for the next 10 days. Like I said earlier in this thread I don't see them paying it. So everything will be locked up again Monday and the track will be blocked again. Maybe they will do what everyone wants them to do and leave finally. then we can begin to mend fences and really focus on trying to return live racing to rosecroft. I think this might finally exterminate this problem. Just looking at how impossible it has been trying to get rid of them I can see why no track wants a backstretch anymore. I wouldn't ever want one again.

I feel bad, so some sentimental person without much money puts up $8,000 expecting it back and the state more or less confiscates it?

thats terrible.

but why would they want to live in something that looks like a bungalo out of war torn Sarajevo anyway?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »

I feel bad, so some sentimental person without much money puts up $8,000 expecting it back and the state more or less confiscates it?

thats terrible.

but why would they want to live in something that looks like a bungalo out of war torn Sarajevo anyway?

No one of the 2 horseman back there whose horses sometimes win money put it up.

I agree. If they cared so much and wanted to stay why didn't they take care of the place? Even just a little bit.  The truth is they lived rent free on the dole for over 20 years. Like government section 8 housing. The tennants never care for something they get for free. You have to work for something to appreciate it.

The barricades are back up  thumbs up thumbs up
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »

Finally the courts have officially told the squattors to leave. Upheld the evictions etc etc. now its official.

Take a hike don't let the door hit you in the ass. Now maybe we can REALLY focus on saving the track and getting live racing back. Instead of fighting with people who had a free ride for 25 years and want it to continue.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

Well finally, the backstretch squatters are going to have to pay their way.  Todays decision means that Rosecroft will get to collect the $18,000 the judge required the squatters to put up.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »

I need everone in the sport to read this. I will copy and paste from facebook.
Why do they hate everyone? why do they hate every decent person who tries?
I will paste first their posts on prevent harness. Then my own personal facebook page.
Why is their personal free stall rent more important than racing in the entire state? And especially at Rosecroft?

Arthur Lisi The following are two of the items found in the Landow contracts that Cloverleaf and the Breeders association signed.
10 Office space. During the term , the Company permits Cloverleaf to use the two offices currently occupied by Cloverleaf at Rosecroft for the annual rent of $1.00 per year...etc
11. Stall space. Cloverle...af acknowledges and agrees that no on-track stabling will be offered at Rosecroft for training, live racing, or any other reason. All racing will be conducted on a ship-in basis.
On paper this means if I have a horse in the eighth race he must sit in the trailer until I can get in the paddock. CSOA needs to start representing the horsemen and not themselves.
See More
about an hour ago ˇ View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1)
Lisi Nancy hello! It looks to me like if our CSOA has the gumption to push for offices for a dollar a day, it would be within their capabilities to push for stalls for us, eh?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »

Andrew
Why do the people at prevent harness racing at Rosecroft hate everyone and everythng? I guess they just want their free stalls and everyone else can kick it to the curb? No one else matters.
30 minutes ago ˇ Friends Only ˇLikeUnlike ˇ

Charlie  i belive you are correct. they feel that they are deserving of a free ride or a subsidized ride.

Andrew  They keep going and going. Today they are upset about CSOA getting a rent deal on an office at Rosecroft. I swear I try with these people. But its impossible. They want to destroy racing only and preserve themselves. There is no group more opposed to racing in Maryland or Rosecroft.

Andrew Why are they so against CSOA having cheap rent at the track? Why do they hate racing and everyone in it? but themselves?

Charlie Once they lost there gravy train. They wanted the track to close and everyone to leave. What diffrence does it make if they rent that building to csoa? That building doesnt cost anything to maintain. The backstretch was is and will always be a money pit. No real horseman belong to that group anyways. Just a bunch of bitter people with nothing to do but complain.

Andrew At least we can make it public and let everyone know what they care about. Not anything to do with racing or Rosecroft or anyone but themselves. Period.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:19:30 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

What does the landow agreement have to do with the track? Correct me if im wrong didnt Penn National Buy the track??
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »

What does the landow agreement have to do with the track? Correct me if im wrong didnt Penn National Buy the track??

They are crying about cheap rent for the Maryland standardbred owners association.

I really cant believe it but I want everyone to know 100% what they stand for. Themselves only.
No one else matters.

They are against racing especially at Rosecroft.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »

The idea of a full time backstretch is over at Rosecroft. All monies the owner will pay out will go to purses for the majority of horsemen not the privileged few who want something for nothing---known as the Rosecroft squatters.
fairgame

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

If you knew anything about the work that goes into it you would have understood that these people are concerned about there being no accomodations for horses on race day that are shipping in to race before they have to be in the paddock.  For example if a trainer has two in, one in the first and one in the ninth, they ship to the track together in a two horse trailer.  If there aren't even any ship in stalls the one in the ninth has to stand on the trailer until it is time to go into the paddock and then the one in the first will have to stand on the trailer after he races until the on in the ninth is done.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »

If you knew anything about the work that goes into it you would have understood that these people are concerned about there being no accomodations for horses on race day that are shipping in to race before they have to be in the paddock.  For example if a trainer has two in, one in the first and one in the ninth, they ship to the track together in a two horse trailer.  If there aren't even any ship in stalls the one in the ninth has to stand on the trailer until it is time to go into the paddock and then the one in the first will have to stand on the trailer after he races until the on in the ninth is done.

Believe me I know. Why as a fan would I not want a backstretch? I take in all of it. I like the people there. As a bettor I use knowledge of the backstretch and the people.
This small group is against racing.
It pisses me off that they name their FB page a preserve harness racing at Rosecroft page.

When it has nothing to do with that at all. It is about them. And them only.
They are against the owners association having an office at the track.
What more is there?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »

These people need to understand it is over --the backstretch is done. CEI and CSOA have voted multiple times and the new purchaser knows this. These backstretch squatters drove the place into bankruptcy isn't that enough for them. Maybe they should go race camels in Egypt.
SparkleNFade

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »

You know if that was the case it would be one thing but its truly not.  This group has been in public meetings stating if the backstretch closes the entire facility should be closed.  And they got their wish, June 19, 2010 Rosecroft shut its doors to the public  the horsemen didn't leave until June 25, 2010.

Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »

I was told from a reliable source that a few of the nicer/newer barns. would be left in place for ship ins. The people who are unhappy want a full time training center and year around stalls at rcr. The only other standardbred track in MD Ocean Downs has no such accomadations.  
fairgame

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »

Ok then.  I could only go by the portions that were reposted talking about stalls for the day for ship ins. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: