Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 02:17:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fort Apache:Rosecroft  (Read 5360 times)
3 wide and wingin

« on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:38 PM »

So the squattors living on the backstretch lost all of their appeals. Their final request for a temporary restraining order was denied by the Judge. The judge handling the case is very fair and precise. He knows all the facts and he told them they had to be off the premises by 4pm yesterday. Some left abut there are some who are hunkered down and refuse to leave. Well both tracks have been blocked off anyway and there is now a lock on the track kitchen. There will have to be an order given to physically remove them. That will be coming early next week. I just hope these people have a place to go and a place for their pets and horses to go. Most of them are good people but there are a few back there who tell alot of lies and have really given the rest a bad name. They have now officially banned me from their facebook discussion site. Because all I did was tell the truth and tell them be ready to leave. Its really a shame that a few bad apples can make the whole bunch seem rotten.
Just to clarify the authorities will be coming next week to throw them out. they need to be prepared for that. Sorry this is happening but its a fact of life. You have had 8 months to prepare. Sorry that some keep telling you they can make it not happen. they LIED to you. they continue to lie to you. That's why they wont let me be on their FB discussion site. God bless all involved.
Report to moderator   Logged
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

Personally I think that when the police come to remove them that they should be charged and arrested. I would also consider some of the real trouble makers for permanent exclusion if there is ever racing again. I have really had it with the lies and harassment from the very few trouble makers. I have had it and would love to see management play real hardball with them. Management has always been too lenient with them and they continue to take advantage of that. I am glad management is doing everything by the book though. Let me ask the trouble makers this? Is it worth burning all your bridges and alienating all these people to just extend your stay by 1 more week? I also cant imagine squatting somewhere that I wasn't wanted. Kudos to the few who moved out and obeyed the law.
People are trying to save Rosecroft now is all. All the trouble makers want to do is close Rosecroft permanently. I don't really like that or want that. you got the 2 or 3 idiots leading the way (they are the ones id arrest and exclude forever) and a few who aren't smart enough to know they are telling them 100% lies. Its a sad situation.
pacingguy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »

I hate to say this, but who are they putting at risk by staying?  Their equine charges.  I understand they didn't want to leave but they could have been making plans during all this time so when their last appeal was turned down, they would have plans.  What happens to the horses when they are evicted?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »

I hate to say this, but who are they putting at risk by staying?  Their equine charges.  I understand they didn't want to leave but they could have been making plans during all this time so when their last appeal was turned down, they would have plans.  What happens to the horses when they are evicted?

That's what I am worried about. I don't see the horses just being set free to run the streets of fort washington. They don't like me because I tell them the truth. I said all along this was going to happen and they listened to a few liars about saving it. Not happening. I hope they have a plan for when the authorities come.
the invisible man

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

DIG A HOLE AND BURRY THEM ALL
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »

DIG A HOLE AND BURRY THEM ALL

Actually most of the people back there are good people. Its a very small group. that is giving them all a bad name. Seeing how they have handled this situation shows me exactly why no one wants a backstretch anymore. Basically any harness track now to be viable financially a backstretch is not part of the equation.
We ha vent raced in 2 years. But they want to continue their welfare state and suck off the teet. Well I am sorry but the teet is dry. There is no triple crown simulcast  racing at Rosecroft. There are a few hard core simulcast bettors that still come around but that's about it. And they aren't betting enough to support the BS ( pun intended)
the invisible man

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »

MAYBE MR RUSSEL N WAGNER WILL CHIP IN AND SAVE THEM. AFTER ALL THEIR THE REASON ROSECROFT DIED. USE TO HAVE 15K PEOPLE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. BUT THEY GOT ROBBED AND ROBBED AND STOPPED COMING.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »

By the end of our last live meet the racing was very good and there are alot of people I will vouch for. Frank Milby the Offutt boys just to name a few. The clicks weren't so much anymore. If we ever race again I am sure the product will be first rate. Or I wouldn't be able to support it.  First rate as in integrity. I like crappy horses and bad drivers so that I hope will be part of it all  laughing guy
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »

I just recieved this email. I will not post who it is  from but it will say alot about what we are dealing with. Its a very tough situation.

IN MY OPINION, NOT THAT IT WOULD MATTER TO THE LIKES OF YOU .BUT YOU ARE DELUDED IF YOU THINK YOU WILL EVER SEE LIVE RACING HERE AGAIN... IT WONT HAPPEN BECAUSE IN MY OPINION THE PRESENT MANAGEMENT HAS OTHER PLANS FOR THIS PLACE... PERSONALLY YOU ALL HAVE MADE ME HATE ROSECROFT AND ITS ENTIRETY AND I CANT WAIT TO GET AWAY FROM HERE AND THE MARYLAND RACING INDUSTRY. I DO HOWEVER FEEL SORRY FOR MY FELLOW HORSEMAN & FRIENDS BACK HERE THAT HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO STAY IN MD AS SOON AS I FIND A WAY TO GET AWAY FROM HERE I WILL BE GONE AND IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN #@^* BEFORE I EVER STEP BACK IN MD. AFTER THE WAY I SEE THEM MIS-USE & ABUSE HORSEMEN AND YOU CAN STOP HARASSING NANCY AND ART AS THEY AREN'T HERE ANY LONGER, AND GIVE WHO -EVER SAVE ROSECROFT IS, A MESSAGE FOR ME NONE AND I DO REPEAT NONE OF THE HORSEMAN BACK HERE HAS GIVEN THE TRACK WORKERS A HARD TIME THAT IS A BLATANT LIE!!!! BUT WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM YOU PEOPLE!!!!! THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT I HAVE SEEN TAUNTS AND JEERS FROM ARE YOU PEOPLE!!!

GOOD DAY &
AND AS SOON AS I MANAGE TO GET AWAY FROM THIS PATHETIC PLACE ,,,, GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!

REMEMBER ... WE DIDN'T DO THIS YOU & YOUR FRIENDS DID...
SparkleNFade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »

Its interestign that when you are low man on the totem pole how they treat you....

Apparently the same person who wrote that email on a daily basis tells diffrerent people F**** Sparklenfade (obviously they use my real name)...  Like i have some real power and I'm single handedly doing this to them...

But here are the facts...

The backstretch horsemen agreed to an agreement with management to keep 100 horses at $150 a horse in 6 month increments. 1st 6 month not a problem 107 horses commitment, 2nd 6 month commitment period comes we can't even get 75... BUT they struck this deal with management because they said the backstretch could pay for itself, and 6 months into it, they couldn't live up to it...  1st letter is sent out in June with an eviction date of September, then a letter sent in July extending it to December...

Now horsemen are saying that horsemen were turned away... why would anyone want to rent stalls at Rosecroft to race at Chester, Pocconos or any other east coast track, unless you are in Maryland? its out of the way...  but what do i know...

In comes mark vogel who wants to buy this place and revive it.  The horsemen get him to meet with them and they talk him into an extention from December to May  and they state in this meeting with Vogel they will not fight the eviction in May they will leave...  So october letter is sent out with the May date along with one in Feb with may date...

So we are talking about 11 months now and we are still doing this...

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »

So we are talking about 11 months now and we are still doing this...

And they still think they are fighting the good fight. When the authorities come to evict  next week I hope they will go peacefully be a shame if a few of them got tazered.

The bottom line truth of the matter is some of them are not really horsemen. They couldn't train Lassie to piss on paper.  They have had a nice time living in a welfare state for years but unfortunately the sport is dying off. Me betting races can no longer pay for their no stall rent and not paying their rent. Some of them need to get a job at wal-mart or target. Someone needs to tell them that they aren't a horseperson.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:33:48 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
GH

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »

I remember reading the Oxon Hill PD did a study and said 35% of all crimes committed in the area were due to the track being there. Violents crimes saw the biggest jump when the meet was live-something like 54%. Another old track is going to be gone. Well the drive to Dover isn't bad at least.
Croft

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »

The bottom line truth of the matter is some of them are not really horsemen. They couldn't train Lassie to piss on paper.  They have had a nice time living in a welfare state for years but unfortunately the sport is dying off. Me betting races can no longer pay for their no stall rent and not paying their rent. Some of them need to get a job at wal-mart or target. Someone needs to tell them that they aren't a horseperson.

It's not difficult to understand why they think of you as a prick.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »

It's not difficult to understand why they think of you as a prick.

Yea telling the people the truth is so terrible. I am sorry the 20 year episode of fantasy island has to end.
Most like me. Its a very small group with a deep sense of entitlement that are the problem.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:25:41 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
SparkleNFade

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »

I remember reading the Oxon Hill PD did a study and said 35% of all crimes committed in the area were due to the track being there. Violents crimes saw the biggest jump when the meet was live-something like 54%. Another old track is going to be gone. Well the drive to Dover isn't bad at least.

i definately don't buy that, specially living in the area.  wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that oxon hill is next to dc... they arrested 3 people in oxon hill responsible for a shooting in dc (had nothing to do with Rosecroft) about a month ago, and there was a shooting about half a mile from the track at a grocery store last week...  i guess they just needed to blame something...
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »

Hopefully the evictions start tomorrow.
Walmart is hiring and target.
I am told animal control will be called to care for the animals back there.
BK

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 07:24:43 AM »

The Oxon Hill PD just needed someone to blame.You can all but guarantee those are fictitious numbers. I would think most crimes in the area are drug and/or gang related. No crack dealer gives a rats ass about a track.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 08:01:01 AM »

The problem with the situation as I see it is there are way to many "could be's" and "what if's" and "possibilities" tied to Maryland harness racing right now.

Every other week we hear rumors about a possible race meeting at Rosecroft, a possible meeting at Ocean Downs, race dates being transferred, lawsuits being filed, possible sales and all this does is give false hope to those who live and race in Maryland.

Let's face who wants to leave their homes and relocate?  Not many, but on the other hand harness racing can be a nomadic life.  A final decision on who will race, what dates and how long racing will continue needs to be made to avoid situations like this.

In a way I can't blame some as they have heard about false promises of race meets and Rosecroft re-opening.  On the other hand those same people have trusted the word of proven untrustworthy people.

Do Dover and Harrington allow Maryland people in to race?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »

The problem with the situation as I see it is there are way to many "could be's" and "what if's" and "possibilities" tied to Maryland harness racing right now.

Those all come from the people on the BS. Arthur and Nancy and the others who aren't horse people and need to put in applications at Target and wal-mart.
They can only lie for so long. If they had ability they wouldn't be trying to save a backstretch at a track that hasn't raced in 3 years. Sorry the welfare state has ended but it has. So deal with it. What they are doing to their horses is shameful.

animal control officer
n.
An officer in local government whose duty is to enforce ordinances regulating the ownership of animals and to respond to incidents in which animals are involved
ez duzit

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »

3 wideandwingin is not a horseman. He is a close friend of the acting manager. Although Rosecroft has not had live racing for 2 years, he is still employed by Cloverleaf E.I. in the clubhouse. The horsemen still own the track, Mark Vogel has not purchased it or obtained a racing license. All the horsemen want is for the track to remain open as a training center until it is sold. Save Rosecroft is managements answer to Save harness racing at Rosecroft, which was put on facebook first by horsemen. If you really want factual & unbiased info about what is happening & has happened at RcR, google Mark Vogel Rosecroft & Rosecroft Raceway Maryland. Read & judge for yourself. You have not been given all of the facts.
ez duzit

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

My mistake! I meant Preserve Harness Racing at Rosecroft. The facebook page 3wide does not want you to visit. Don't know how anyone can come to a logical conclusion without knowing all the facts.  Also not sure 3wide is still working for the acting GM.  Sorry for the inconvience, but I want to be accurate.   
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 12:12:24 AM »

Real accurate. Clown.
At least the deadbeats had to pay $8,000.00 for their latest 10 days. That will end soon enough. Hope you chipped in on that one sparky.

I am not allowed to post on that fraud site. It is the same 3 people spreading lies over and over. Why do the deadbeat horseman want to stay where they aren't wanted? Most need to get jobs. Only 1 or 2 back there are even horseman or can train lassie to piss on paper. They let the backstretch fall into disrepair. They didn't even care enough to clean up shit or put a coat of paint on anything. But now after 20 years when their free ride is over they are crying like babies. Don't worry the deadbeats wont pay the $8,000.00 for 10 days but a few times. Most need to get real jobs and the few real horseman need to relocate.
Sorry for the inconvenience of some truth laughing guy
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »

UA  I never claimed to be a horseman. I have always tried to deal in facts. Its you and your friends back there who spread lies. No one reads that PREVENT live racing site but you and your 2 buddies the only ones who post there.

The horseman don't own the track. CEI does. That's not the horseman. That's CEI  bang head bang head bang head bang head
At least you are being yourself this time on this forum and not trying to portray yourself as someone else. I hope you put up some of the $8,000.00.
Now here comes the best of the best part. My absolute favorite part for the lieing free loaders.

ex·clude (k-skld)
tr.v. ex·clud·ed, ex·clud·ing, ex·cludes
1. To prevent from entering; keep out; bar: a jar sealed to exclude outside air; an immigration policy that excludes undesirables.
2. To prevent from being included, considered, or accepted; reject: The court excluded the improperly obtained evidence.
3. To put out; expel.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:00:58 AM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 12:31:28 AM »

Hey UA didn't your trainer state publicly that all they care about is making CEI spend more money on lawyers? How does that help RCR reopen? Why don't you guys want to ever see live racing again?

Why did you guys support the thoroughbreds in trying to block slots at arundel mall? You want to never get a dime?

Its really sad. Just so everyone knows this is a very small group of squatters who refuse to leave. The majority of good hard working people are not trying to suck the last life out of the track. These people only want to do that.
 But now that have to pay money. Which for 20 years they didn't have to. Hopefully they will leave and find someplace they are wanted. Or can find some other welfare system to use/abuse that wont prevent me from seeing live racing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:44:04 AM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
SparkleNFade

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:40 AM »

The page Save Rosecroft, was made to help with the legislative session.  My best friend who has nothing to do with harness racing or the contraversy or anything related suggested it to me as i was ont he phone with her explaining what we were doing in Annapolis.   It had nothing to do with competing against Preserve Harness Racing at Rosecroft, which by the way has nothing to do with preserving harness racing and more to do with saving the backstretch. The same group at Preserve also raised their hands and admitted that if the backstretch was closing the entire facility should be closed.  Management at Rosecroft knew nothing of the Save Rosecroft page, and if you had paid attention it overall had very little to do with the drama over the backstretch until recently, when instead of censoring 3W i let them stay up.

The sad part is the hatred that is flowing from the backstretch. 

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »

The sad part is the hatred that is flowing from the backstretch.  

It is very sad that they are letting their bitterness and meanness ruin relationships. They are burning bridges that will never be rebuilt. I understand some of the small timers are out of the business once the free ride is over but some of the legit horsemen I don't understand at all.
By the way I have never been employed by anyone. Never received a dime from anyone associated with the track or CEI. I used to push hundreds of dollars a night through the windows when we had live racing. I basically am the reason they felt they should be able to live rent free on the dole forever. Well sorry folks the industry is in distress. Rosecroft isn't even offering the Preakness today. There isn't anymore money they can extract from hard working horseman and gamblers. The free ride is over. Instead of being happy for 20 years of a free ride though they are trying to sabotage the sale and PREVENT live racing at Rosecroft.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:40:14 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
KRS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »

Personally I think that when the police come to remove them that they should be charged and arrested. I would also consider some of the real trouble makers for permanent exclusion if there is ever racing again. I have really had it with the lies and harassment from the very few trouble makers. I have had it and would love to see management play real hardball with them. Management has always been too lenient with them and they continue to take advantage of that. I am glad management is doing everything by the book though. Let me ask the trouble makers this? Is it worth burning all your bridges and alienating all these people to just extend your stay by 1 more week? I also cant imagine squatting somewhere that I wasn't wanted. Kudos to the few who moved out and obeyed the law.
People are trying to save Rosecroft now is all. All the trouble makers want to do is close Rosecroft permanently. I don't really like that or want that. you got the 2 or 3 idiots leading the way (they are the ones id arrest and exclude forever) and a few who aren't smart enough to know they are telling them 100% lies. Its a sad situation.

big words for such a pea brain tell me did your ears start steaming??? oh thats right there would have to be something in your head other than air to cause friction to get the steam.. you really ought to get your facts straight before you go spouting off.. oh that's right AIRHEADS don't have the capacity to have rational or sensible thoughts...   
KRS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 03:07:06 PM »

3 wideandwingin is not a horseman. He is a close friend of the acting manager. Although Rosecroft has not had live racing for 2 years, he is still employed by Cloverleaf E.I. in the clubhouse. The horsemen still own the track, Mark Vogel has not purchased it or obtained a racing license. All the horsemen want is for the track to remain open as a training center until it is sold. Save Rosecroft is managements answer to Save harness racing at Rosecroft, which was put on facebook first by horsemen. If you really want factual & unbiased info about what is happening & has happened at RcR, google Mark Vogel Rosecroft & Rosecroft Raceway Maryland. Read & judge for yourself. You have not been given all of the facts.

THANK~YOU!!!!! you said it all...
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

big words for such a pea brain tell me did your ears start steaming??? oh thats right there would have to be something in your head other than air to cause friction to get the steam.. you really ought to get your facts straight before you go spouting off.. oh that's right AIRHEADS don't have the capacity to have rational or sensible thoughts...   

Sad that they know not what they do. This one said some of the most liable and slanderous things of them all. That have been documented and sent to the proper authorities. I will let them remain anonymous because I will continue to show class. Lets just say they and she in particular use the old *** tactics. And to think I told good people to not contact lawyers etc etc. But luckily they did. Not much you can do as far as suing someone who has a net worth of zero but it is also criminal some of the things they engage in. They wonder why no one wants a backstretch anymore. Look at all the trouble they have caused just trying to get rid of them. No one wants you. Who stays where they aren't wanted?
Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »

The track has 30 people betting during the day at the most. Monday is Monticello and Keno horse racing only. 3.00 pm bangor and 4pm plainridge. Nightime i belive a few other tracks avaible. Most of the bettors are on fixed incomes. The good news most of the bums who jammed the machines with tickects from the floor and trash are gone. The bad news so little is bet the bums are gone. LOL.   

But if you like rugby, mens and women, am boxing, bingo and computer shows please stop in. My point being the track is losing money everyday it opens the doors. 35k a month is the cost of keeping the backstretch open or something close to that.  With out the last loan from the person trying to buy the  track. Rosecroft would be CLOSED. 
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 10:57:58 PM »

My point being the track is losing money everyday it opens the doors. 35k a month is the cost of keeping the backstretch open or something close to that.  With out the last loan from the person trying to buy the  track. Rosecroft would be CLOSED.  

They do not care about live racing ever coming back. They care about themselves. They have openly stated that if they cant have their welfare state on the backstretch they want the entire track to close. Real nice people. No backstretch means no track to them and they will do whatever it takes to close the track. At least now that they have to pay some money the track may survive. Because I don't see them paying $8,000.00 every 10 days. No way. Especially when only 2 of them could even think about having that much money. They don't care about truth or facts or they wouldn't have banned me from their site. If there is one thing about me I have truth and integrity. That small group has none. They are all still welcomed to post here or on my FB page. I cannot theirs.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:25:25 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
Croft

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »

Washington Post article this morning on the closing of the Rosecroft backstretch.
tony clifton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 01:09:07 PM »

Washington Post article this morning on the closing of the Rosecroft backstretch.

That picture they used looks like they pulled it from a Haiti Relief Effort article. That poor man and horse - conditions there look awful
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »

That picture they used looks like they pulled it from a Haiti Relief Effort article. That poor man and horse - conditions there look awful

You'd think they would have put a coat of paint on something in the last 25 years if it meant so much to them. It does remind you of Haiti after the quake.
I love Mr Rogers quote in there it really sums the squattors up. Sadly some are no longer my friend. And that is actually very sad for me.

"It's just the brazen selfishness of that group there," Rogers said. "They're all friends of ours. . . . But the backstretch is going to close."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:36:40 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »

Oh this is funny. They had to pay $8,000.00 for the last 10 days. well one of the 2 guys with money put it up. But they thought they would get the 8,000 back  laughing guy
it wasn't like a retainer it was to pay for all that they cost RCR every 10 days. So the judge says it will be $10,000 for the next 10 days. Like I said earlier in this thread I don't see them paying it. So everything will be locked up again Monday and the track will be blocked again. Maybe they will do what everyone wants them to do and leave finally. then we can begin to mend fences and really focus on trying to return live racing to rosecroft. I think this might finally exterminate this problem. Just looking at how impossible it has been trying to get rid of them I can see why no track wants a backstretch anymore. I wouldn't ever want one again.
tony clifton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 11:54:03 AM »

Oh this is funny. They had to pay $8,000.00 for the last 10 days. well one of the 2 guys with money put it up. But they thought they would get the 8,000 back  laughing guy
it wasn't like a retainer it was to pay for all that they cost RCR every 10 days. So the judge says it will be $10,000 for the next 10 days. Like I said earlier in this thread I don't see them paying it. So everything will be locked up again Monday and the track will be blocked again. Maybe they will do what everyone wants them to do and leave finally. then we can begin to mend fences and really focus on trying to return live racing to rosecroft. I think this might finally exterminate this problem. Just looking at how impossible it has been trying to get rid of them I can see why no track wants a backstretch anymore. I wouldn't ever want one again.

I feel bad, so some sentimental person without much money puts up $8,000 expecting it back and the state more or less confiscates it?

thats terrible.

but why would they want to live in something that looks like a bungalo out of war torn Sarajevo anyway?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »

I feel bad, so some sentimental person without much money puts up $8,000 expecting it back and the state more or less confiscates it?

thats terrible.

but why would they want to live in something that looks like a bungalo out of war torn Sarajevo anyway?

No one of the 2 horseman back there whose horses sometimes win money put it up.

I agree. If they cared so much and wanted to stay why didn't they take care of the place? Even just a little bit.  The truth is they lived rent free on the dole for over 20 years. Like government section 8 housing. The tennants never care for something they get for free. You have to work for something to appreciate it.

The barricades are back up  thumbs up thumbs up
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »

Finally the courts have officially told the squattors to leave. Upheld the evictions etc etc. now its official.

Take a hike don't let the door hit you in the ass. Now maybe we can REALLY focus on saving the track and getting live racing back. Instead of fighting with people who had a free ride for 25 years and want it to continue.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

Well finally, the backstretch squatters are going to have to pay their way.  Todays decision means that Rosecroft will get to collect the $18,000 the judge required the squatters to put up.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »

I need everone in the sport to read this. I will copy and paste from facebook.
Why do they hate everyone? why do they hate every decent person who tries?
I will paste first their posts on prevent harness. Then my own personal facebook page.
Why is their personal free stall rent more important than racing in the entire state? And especially at Rosecroft?

Arthur Lisi The following are two of the items found in the Landow contracts that Cloverleaf and the Breeders association signed.
10 Office space. During the term , the Company permits Cloverleaf to use the two offices currently occupied by Cloverleaf at Rosecroft for the annual rent of $1.00 per year...etc
11. Stall space. Cloverle...af acknowledges and agrees that no on-track stabling will be offered at Rosecroft for training, live racing, or any other reason. All racing will be conducted on a ship-in basis.
On paper this means if I have a horse in the eighth race he must sit in the trailer until I can get in the paddock. CSOA needs to start representing the horsemen and not themselves.
See More
about an hour ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1)
Lisi Nancy hello! It looks to me like if our CSOA has the gumption to push for offices for a dollar a day, it would be within their capabilities to push for stalls for us, eh?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »

Andrew
Why do the people at prevent harness racing at Rosecroft hate everyone and everythng? I guess they just want their free stalls and everyone else can kick it to the curb? No one else matters.
30 minutes ago · Friends Only ·LikeUnlike ·

Charlie  i belive you are correct. they feel that they are deserving of a free ride or a subsidized ride.

Andrew  They keep going and going. Today they are upset about CSOA getting a rent deal on an office at Rosecroft. I swear I try with these people. But its impossible. They want to destroy racing only and preserve themselves. There is no group more opposed to racing in Maryland or Rosecroft.

Andrew Why are they so against CSOA having cheap rent at the track? Why do they hate racing and everyone in it? but themselves?

Charlie Once they lost there gravy train. They wanted the track to close and everyone to leave. What diffrence does it make if they rent that building to csoa? That building doesnt cost anything to maintain. The backstretch was is and will always be a money pit. No real horseman belong to that group anyways. Just a bunch of bitter people with nothing to do but complain.

Andrew At least we can make it public and let everyone know what they care about. Not anything to do with racing or Rosecroft or anyone but themselves. Period.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:19:30 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

What does the landow agreement have to do with the track? Correct me if im wrong didnt Penn National Buy the track??
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »

What does the landow agreement have to do with the track? Correct me if im wrong didnt Penn National Buy the track??

They are crying about cheap rent for the Maryland standardbred owners association.

I really cant believe it but I want everyone to know 100% what they stand for. Themselves only.
No one else matters.

They are against racing especially at Rosecroft.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »

The idea of a full time backstretch is over at Rosecroft. All monies the owner will pay out will go to purses for the majority of horsemen not the privileged few who want something for nothing---known as the Rosecroft squatters.
fairgame

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

If you knew anything about the work that goes into it you would have understood that these people are concerned about there being no accomodations for horses on race day that are shipping in to race before they have to be in the paddock.  For example if a trainer has two in, one in the first and one in the ninth, they ship to the track together in a two horse trailer.  If there aren't even any ship in stalls the one in the ninth has to stand on the trailer until it is time to go into the paddock and then the one in the first will have to stand on the trailer after he races until the on in the ninth is done.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »

If you knew anything about the work that goes into it you would have understood that these people are concerned about there being no accomodations for horses on race day that are shipping in to race before they have to be in the paddock.  For example if a trainer has two in, one in the first and one in the ninth, they ship to the track together in a two horse trailer.  If there aren't even any ship in stalls the one in the ninth has to stand on the trailer until it is time to go into the paddock and then the one in the first will have to stand on the trailer after he races until the on in the ninth is done.

Believe me I know. Why as a fan would I not want a backstretch? I take in all of it. I like the people there. As a bettor I use knowledge of the backstretch and the people.
This small group is against racing.
It pisses me off that they name their FB page a preserve harness racing at Rosecroft page.

When it has nothing to do with that at all. It is about them. And them only.
They are against the owners association having an office at the track.
What more is there?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »

These people need to understand it is over --the backstretch is done. CEI and CSOA have voted multiple times and the new purchaser knows this. These backstretch squatters drove the place into bankruptcy isn't that enough for them. Maybe they should go race camels in Egypt.
SparkleNFade

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »

You know if that was the case it would be one thing but its truly not.  This group has been in public meetings stating if the backstretch closes the entire facility should be closed.  And they got their wish, June 19, 2010 Rosecroft shut its doors to the public  the horsemen didn't leave until June 25, 2010.

Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »

I was told from a reliable source that a few of the nicer/newer barns. would be left in place for ship ins. The people who are unhappy want a full time training center and year around stalls at rcr. The only other standardbred track in MD Ocean Downs has no such accomadations.  
fairgame

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »

Ok then.  I could only go by the portions that were reposted talking about stalls for the day for ship ins. 
Croft

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »

This group has been in public meetings stating if the backstretch closes the entire facility should be closed. 

This is quite true.

Here's the minutes of the CSOA meeting of March 17, 2010. Check out item 4a under "Bankruptcy Court" :

4. Arthur Lisi has filed a pleading with the Bankruptcy Court.

a. Mr. Lisi stated “that he is personally disappointed to hear about the backstretch closing and is not interested in Rosecroft’s survival.”

Special Note: Some members of the audience at tonight’s Board Meeting express an interest in seeing Rosecroft shutdown if the backstretch isn’t kept open for their benefit.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »

Thanks croft.
That is really what its all about. If they cant have it their way then no one should have live racing.
They don't care about anyone but themselves. The sense of entitlement is truly amazing.
They would cut the baby in half before anyone else could have it. If they cant have it. Kill it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Solomon

The story is recounted in 1Kings 3:16-28. Two young women who lived in the same house and who both had an infant son came to Solomon for a judgment. One of the women claimed that the other, after accidentally smothering her own son while sleeping, had exchanged the two children to make it appear that the living child was hers. The other woman denied this and so both women claimed to be the mother of the living son and said that the dead boy belonged to the other.

After some deliberation, king Solomon called for a sword to be brought before him. He declared that there is only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy's true mother cried out, "Please, My Lord, give her the live child—do not kill him!" However, the liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaimed, "It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!" Solomon instantly gave the live baby to the real mother, realizing that the true mother's instincts were to protect her child, while the liar revealed that she did not truly love the child. The reputation of the king greatly increased when all the people of Israel heard of this wise judgment.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

The liars from prevent horse racing at rosecroft facebook page are at it again.
I hope that no one on here is a member of their facebook page.
I just made them my status again. Here it is.

I see that the clowns at the preserve harness racing at rosecroft facebook page are up to thier old tricks. They have done nothing but try to prevent harness racing at rosecroft. If anyone of my friends on here have liked the page. Please unlike it. They do not represent anyone but themselves. They have a problem with telling the truth or people pointing out that they dont tell the truth.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »

The liars from prevent horse racing at rosecroft facebook page are at it again.
I hope that no one on here is a member of their facebook page.
I just made them my status again. Here it is.

I see that the clowns at the preserve harness racing at rosecroft facebook page are up to thier old tricks. They have done nothing but try to prevent harness racing at rosecroft. If anyone of my friends on here have liked the page. Please unlike it. They do not represent anyone but themselves. They have a problem with telling the truth or people pointing out that they dont tell the truth.

10-4 on that one.
I'll put the word around.

I would check this *** poster. Might be up to no good.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

10-4 on that one.
I'll put the word around.

I would check this *** poster. Might be up to no good.

LOL
I have to be serious about this topic.
I doubt at all he is in it or any of our "friends" from the forums.

But the tactics the sickos use (on other forums) are very similar to the tactics this small group of trouble makers use.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »

LOL
I have to be serious about this topic.
I doubt at all he is in it or any of our "friends" from the forums.

But the tactics the sickos use (on other forums) are very similar to the tactics this small group of trouble makers use.
I know.
I applaud all you've done for maryland racing.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »

I know.
I applaud all you've done for maryland racing.

Thank you but I am just a fan and trying to do whats best and right.
Alot of of the horseman and tellers and maintenance people are my friends too though. Id like to see them have their jobs back. etc etc.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »

Thank you but I am just a fan and trying to do whats best and right.
Alot of of the horseman and tellers and maintenance people are my friends too though. Id like to see them have their jobs back. etc etc.
As do we all.
Keep up the good work.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:27 PM »

Best of luck with the battle 3wide thumbs up

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

Best of luck with the battle 3wide thumbs up

Thanks GF
Its not really a battle though. Its a VERY small group. Less than 1% who cause all the trouble. That's the way of the world though. The squeaky wheel gets the grease they think. But that's not going to happen.
Mdcapper48

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

What nonsense are they talking about now? I wont even read there FB page.
tony clifton

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »

When RCR reopens. Tony will be there
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »

What nonsense are they talking about now? I wont even read there FB page.

Pretty much crying because there is an office for the horsemans association at Rosecroft. wah wah
Crying because someone else has a job in the sport. wah wah
Crying because others are successful and they aren't. wah wah
Crying because there isn't free stall rent and a backstretch to live at for free anymore. wah wah

The only thing I ever did to these people was tell them 2 years ago. The backstretch is closing. Its inevitable.
Why waste so much time and effort? Going to rallies and causing trouble. Commenting on articles on the internet. Just overall causing trouble. When 99% of the people just want the track to re open.
They want to put in no effort and have things handed to them. That worked for 25 years. But the sport has changed. There isn't all that money flowing anymore. Everyone has to tighten their belt. Instead of helping the cause they would rather lie about and run down the very people doing the most to try to help them and Rosecroft.

They reside on fantasy island in Fort Washington Maryland circa 1990
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

There is someone named Bobby Lillis with a save racing in Maryland site on facebook? I guess he is a throughbred horseman? Who is using facebook as a tool to lie about good decent people and spread lies. Its what that small group does.
The sad part is some harness people support him out of spite and hate.
Nice to see what side everyone is on.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:37:36 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: