Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 03:20:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Never Got Involved With the Nonsense  (Read 1407 times)
M1

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »

But I am going to give my opinion on the sequence of events for BTW

1) It was a relatively quiet forum with some decent posts.  Constant bashing of BTW taking place on ***

2) *** administration got riduculous, warning, suspending and banning anybody who expressed an opinion anti-Nance, even if it was done politely.  (note: I was never suspended or banned)

3) Case and a few others worked hard moving normal harness racing people over to BTW

4) BTW became very active, but initially a bit too move time spent bashing ***.  *** spent most of its time now bashing BTW

5) The whole *** thing wore off at BTW, and BTW was just about perfect

6)  *** shuts down, the BTW bashers immediately come over to BTW - AND TOTALLY RUIN IT!

Wish we had stopped and #5 above, but letting those *** people over after they folded has destroyed this place.  Really nothing good about it anymore.

Report to moderator   Logged
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:22:58 PM »

It's really not bad here now at all.
Not much quanity, but quality is here !!!!
 beer
M1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:31:27 PM »

It's really not bad here now at all.
Not much quanity, but quality is here !!!!
 beer

John, you are an upbeat guy that sees a positive in things.  When I think of harness racing, I think of Meadowlands, even if it isn't what it once was, it is still #1 harness racing, especially from a betting perspective.  I have not seen a really good Meadowlands related thread here in a LONG time.
Freelegged

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »

I think we are about due for another new harness racing message board. After all, its been a few weeks since a new one started.  Cheesy Pretty soon we're going to have 37 message boards but only about 5 harness tracks.

Quite honestly, I would rather read harness racing posts from Pigland rather than posts from some of these guys who feel they are important enough to say why Pigland shouldn't be here.
M1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 10:47:25 PM »

I think we are about due for another new harness racing message board. After all, its been a few weeks since a new one started.  Cheesy Pretty soon we're going to have 37 message boards but only about 5 harness tracks.

Quite honestly, I would rather read harness racing posts from Pigland rather than posts from some of these guys who feel they are important enough to say why Pigland shouldn't be here.

I personally never had a problem with Pigland.  But he was on *** bashing BTW non-stop for about 2 months until *** shut down.  Then he shows up here like nothing ever happened.  That sound familiar at all?
GGNJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 10:50:15 PM »

Good summary. Conceptually, dead on. There are some nuances where I have some different observations, but that's not really the issue. I think the "too much" was really a function of many things and I've voiced my opinion numerous times before. What's important to note is that the "too much" subsided over time. It lessened. It spiked with certain specific incidents, but that too should have been expected.

You are dead on regarding # 5.

Regardless, again, good summary.

But I am going to give my opinion on the sequence of events for BTW

1) It was a relatively quiet forum with some decent posts.  Constant bashing of BTW taking place on ***

2) *** administration got riduculous, warning, suspending and banning anybody who expressed an opinion anti-Nance, even if it was done politely.  (note: I was never suspended or banned)

3) Case and a few others worked hard moving normal harness racing people over to BTW

4) BTW became very active, but initially a bit too move time spent bashing ***.  *** spent most of its time now bashing BTW

5) The whole *** thing wore off at BTW, and BTW was just about perfect

6)  *** shuts down, the BTW bashers immediately come over to BTW - AND TOTALLY RUIN IT!

Wish we had stopped and #5 above, but letting those *** people over after they folded has destroyed this place.  Really nothing good about it anymore.

GGNJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:17 PM »

I personally never had a problem with Pigland.  But he was on *** bashing BTW non-stop for about 2 months until *** shut down.  Then he shows up here like nothing ever happened.  That sound familiar at all?

I think with regard to Pigland, it was far more serious than that. His role was far more damaging than just bashing.
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »

I thought things were getting better here although a thread like the Simpson thing, 9 pages + on a bad drive seems excessive but to each his own and i haven't made one post in it btw. Most of the call out threads have stopped and that's a GOOD thing. Just need more posters and things would be great. As far as the M1 threads this is Chicago BTW and many of the posters here are from the midwest and other parts of the east coast and bring that perspective. Although we rarely make it to the M1 i do enjoy talking M1 racing, still the mecca of racing although it's not the same as it once was as was stated.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:11 PM »

I thought things were getting better here although a thread like the Simpson thing, 9 pages + on a bad drive seems excessive but to each his own and i haven't made one post in it btw. Most of the call out threads have stopped and that's a GOOD thing. Just need more posters and things would be great. As far as the M1 threads this is Chicago BTW and many of the posters here are from the midwest and other parts of the east coast and bring that perspective. Although we rarely make it to the M1 i do enjoy talking M1 racing, still the mecca of racing although it's not the same as it once was as was stated.
Harness racing in general is not the same as it once was!

I trust no one, not even myself~~
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 06:29:36 AM »

Harness racing in general is not the same as it once was!

While I was at the gym after work last night, ellipticalling my butt off, I caught the YES network (yea, there are a gazillion flat screen hi-def tvs with closed captioning on to take your mind off your sweat and pain lol) and they had a guy on talking about the state of racing in the US.....both harness and TB and said the exact same thing and talked alot about M1......he even was talking calls for opinion on how to improve it.....hey, it beat watching HSN.....lol

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
BK

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 06:45:45 AM »

I think with regard to Pigland, it was far more serious than that. His role was far more damaging than just bashing.
His role? Don't over analyze this one with the physco-babble. None of it ever mattered. TC was the piece of shit who let it all happen.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 07:06:18 AM »

John, you are an upbeat guy that sees a positive in things.  When I think of harness racing, I think of Meadowlands, even if it isn't what it once was, it is still #1 harness racing, especially from a betting perspective.  I have not seen a really good Meadowlands related thread here in a LONG time.
Then start one.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »

Then start one.
IVE STARTED MANY TRACK THREADS ,NOT MUCH INTEREST IN REAL BETTING ON THIS SITE.JONKERS,VERNON,SARATOGO,TIOGO ETC.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:32 AM »

M!, A couple of comments back.

#6 can be cured with the ignore button. And I hear alot about this, but I really don't see specific examples of anyone coming here from HP and starting trouble. There is much grudge holding and the word grudge is not in my vocabulary ( I tend to blow up and forget), I completely understand how people were harmed over there, but it should not carry over here. Just my opinon.

As far as specific track discussions, you need to work at it a bit. Cold Punch starts a Freehod thread and if I am around and Cliffy and Minister, Noc, Hoberz , Case, would all join in if at differing levels when available. I know Burton and others post Meadowlands picks and dialogue. I thik there are people here would participate in a MDW thread. I honestly would not be onr of them. Other that Colonial Downs, I learned the hard way to stay away from Mile tracks.

I often start a Northfield thread. sometimes it gets lots of feedback, other times I am talking to myself. People who don't participate are actually nice enough to tell me they don't follow Northfield

Regarding the Simpson thread, I agree. I am astonished over the popularity of that thread. The only time I eyeballed that thread was when it first came up, I thought it ws ralated to the Simpsons cartoon, when I saw it was not, I didn't go back there. Threads like that and the one last weel with the expletives about Corey Callahan will get many hits for the same reasons people feel the urge to slow down and gawk at a car accident, human nature.

Since returning I too have stayed away from Nthe personal threads like you, but you have some interested observations that I figured I would respond to. There are days the fighting is ridiculous here and there are days the board is great. Sort of my avarage day outside of the board. Many days are mundane, many interesting and many I am in the middle of fighting and arguments. Just stick around, that is the impartant thing.

PS, I can spell, these are typos.
THUNDER KING
THUNDER KING

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »

Speaking for myself I look at things from a midwestern point of view.I always have been interested in Chicago racing first and then the rest.During this current down turn in Chicago and my current financial mess it is hard to have interest at all.Almost everytime I went after a big score at the meadowlands they would stick it to me.At least in Chicago Ive made some nice scores its just harder when your money is funny.Also I dont think that there is much interest around here in Tioga,Vernon,or Saratoga.So it seems like a waisted post when people try to drum up interest.I am sure there is interest in the Big M and Yonkers also Bello is drumming up interest at Northfield.As far as the fighting goes to each their  own.Ive also been knocked pretty good for some posts but thats just how it goes!!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:50:16 AM by THUNDER KING » Report to moderator   Logged

Then i got rich... then i got poor again havent changed since !!!
JBCSFL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:28 AM »

Every member of BTW has different tracks they enjoy following.
I enjoy and follow M1 and Toronto racing.
I also enjoy reading bello's Northfield threads, even though I am not a Nfld fan.
bello is a great read and a fine handicapper, the gamblers on this site should take heed and play his selections.
I do not bet anymore but I love the game and the sport that I have been watching and involved in since 1966.
I watch M1 on www.thebigm.com on race nights and the only other tracks I see are what TVG and HRN decide to broadcast on any given night.
I think once the stake season cranks up we will all see an increase in posts from members regarding the sport's top stars.

Jim
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:05:04 AM by JBCSFL » Report to moderator   Logged
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

i am always posting about the stars of racing  i especially post about the new stars when i see one

may the horse be with you
yeast

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

The Meadowlands is just plain  subpar this year. It seems like there is a lot of dead horses in each race and they dont race like they used too its more a last quarter sprint. Saturdays cards used to be great there a ghost of what they used to be 10 years ago.The good  horses are spreading out dividing themselves between the 4 tracks with good purses so everybody gets weaker.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »

When was there nonsense on this forum ?
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 10:01:06 AM »

Whenever you post
noc

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
now that is a funny one Tross.  
JBCSFL

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »

The Meadowlands is just plain  subpar this year. It seems like there is a lot of dead horses in each race and they dont race like they used too its more a last quarter sprint. Saturdays cards used to be great there a ghost of what they used to be 10 years ago.The good  horses are spreading out dividing themselves between the 4 tracks with good purses so everybody gets weaker.

thumbs up  I agree with you.
The increased purse structures at YR and the PA tracks combined with the decreased purses at M1 have lured the better horses away.
I still enjoy watching M1 racing, they have the best drivers and trainers in the sport competing.  

Jim
burton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »

Whenever you post
The mighty Sea Triscuit bashes one of our posters.
The very thing Sea Triscuit complains about.
WHAT A HIPPOCRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (spelling intentional I might add)
ZENYATTA

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 10:19:50 AM »

Whenever you post

Thank You,I have to dummy down my posts so you and your girlfriends wizard and casey can uinderstand them.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »

Come on Burton, you are the sarcasm master. Let some others take a stab at your throne.
Brush and Crush

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »

I agree with you on that one.   the racing has not been the same this year as in years past.   there is little to no movement between the first quarter and last quarter poles, and it just ends up being a sprint to the wire.    I so much better enjoy both watching and wagering on the races when there is some movement, and some longshots get into the flow and close up, but that really isn't happening all to often this year.   The game has become all about speed....which is why I also think horses aren't going to last as long as they used to either.  You see a lot of 5 and 6 years olds who were open quality horses, now racing in 15 claimers.   Race Track Ruler is a perfect example of that.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:52 AM »

Come on Burton, you are the sarcasm master. Let some others take a stab at your throne.
Me thinks Sea Triscuit is but a pretender to such throne.
wizard78

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »

The day that you registered
wizard78

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 12:11:01 PM »

Niatross, I normally am very respectful to the extrememly elderly but you are a miserable, bitter old, old man who must have had a very miserable life. It shows. In a big way. At least you get a social security check, so apparently you must have worked at some point in your life. You must have gotten along real well with your co-workers

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »

THANKS FRIEND,AND I WILL POST SOME VERNON ACTION TONIGHT FOR YOU AND EVERY ONE ELSE THAT TALKS RACING
noc

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 04:50:39 PM »

Niatross, I normally am very respectful to the extrememly elderly but you are a miserable, bitter old, old man who must have had a very miserable life. It shows. In a big way. At least you get a social security check, so apparently you must have worked at some point in your life. You must have gotten along real well with your co-workers

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Wiz, do not know what you consider old ?...However, suffice it to say, that Tross is not old or miserable...
burton

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »

Wiz, do not know what you consider old ?...However, suffice it to say, that Tross is not old or miserable...
Weird trait shared by wiz, case and Sea Triscuit.
Sooner or later they seem to label anyone that disagrees with them as old???
Don't get it??
ZENYATTA

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »

wizzy,I really don;t care anymore how you treat anyone.You have proven to be useless on every forum and a  lying crybaby.
Yes, I am a bitter person today.I am currently up over $400 for the day but noc and I lost about $25K by half a  length.
Yes,I did get along very well with people who worked for me.I took care of them very well.I will be hgaving brunch Sat with a former employee and her child and mother.We have not worked together for over 5 yrs but get together or talk every month.

I will get over my bitterness today by the end of the day and count my blessings.You  howvever will always be the whiny little crybabay coward who ran way from ITS and ended up here thinking your chit don;t stink.Well good job you stunk this place up also.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »

wizzy,I really don;t care anymore how you treat anyone.You have proven to be useless on every forum and a  lying crybaby.
Yes, I am a bitter person today.I am currently up over $400 for the day but noc and I lost about $25K by half a  length.
Yes,I did get along very well with people who worked for me.I took care of them very well.I will be hgaving brunch Sat with a former employee and her child and mother.We have not worked together for over 5 yrs but get together or talk every month.

I will get over my bitterness today by the end of the day and count my blessings.You  howvever will always be the whiny little crybabay coward who ran way from ITS and ended up here thinking your chit don;t stink.Well good job you stunk this place up also.
YEP,CRYBABY laughing guy
wizard78

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 06:52:54 PM »

THANKS FRIEND,AND I WILL POST SOME VERNON ACTION TONIGHT FOR YOU AND EVERY ONE ELSE THAT TALKS RACING
How about if you dont bother. that sounds like a lot better idea
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 06:54:27 PM »

How about if you dont bother. that sounds like a lot better idea
HOW ABOUT NEXT TIME I SEE YOU I RIP YOUR NOTEBOOK IN 1/2 .WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLEY DO STEWY?
wizard78

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »

Ok old man....any more stories that nobody is interested in
wizard78

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »

HOW ABOUT NEXT TIME I SEE YOU I RIP YOUR NOTEBOOK IN 1/2 .WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLEY DO STEWY?
Im not too concerned about a 400 pound tub of lard collecting welfare. I'll be at Saratoga tomorrow. Maybe we'll say hello. You're not very hard to miss. Thats for sure
Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:33 PM »

Im not too concerned about a 400 pound tub of lard collecting welfare. I'll be at Saratoga tomorrow. Maybe we'll say hello. You're not very hard to miss. Thats for sure
I WILL DEFINIATLY INTO MYSELF!!!!
wizard78

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »

I WILL DEFINIATLY INTO MYSELF!!!!
Huh ??  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: