Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 03:08:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RACHEL ALEXANDRA,THE 50k CLAIMER  (Read 3095 times)
Horse Voice

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »

Now, if I were Jackson I would have bought her for $10,000,000. She has made a pretty good return for him so far and she can still earn at the track The critical decision would be to keep racing her and have several more losses. Her foals with Curlin will bring $500,000 to $1,500,000 on average and a truly perfect one can bring quite a bit more. In either care he will recoup his investment in my opinion.

I agree, Mel. If I had billion$ -- sheee-it -- I'd buy Rachel, Super Saver, Zenyatta -- anything I could get my damn hands on.

Also agree that Rachel really can't afford any more losses (not to put words in your mouth, but that's where I think you were heading).

I don't agree or disagree on whether Jackson will recoup his investment. Like Alpha Mare and you both pointed out, conformation is important, and I have a rather harsh (but sobering) thing I say about owning horses, mainly, that they are worth about 59 cents a pound until they start WINNING.

(Horse lovers HATE when I say that, but my bloodlines are in agriculture as far back as you can look, and I grew up with non-productive animals being disposed of without a second thought. I don't see horses as pets.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:49:44 PM by Horse Voice » Report to moderator   Logged
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »

You weren't making a point. You asked (about Rachel), "did they make a good buy?" I answered that.

You can make a point directly, without being oblique. I'm reading, and responding to, exactly what you are writing.

And I alluded to that, in so many words, when I said, "what is the point of being filthy rich if you have to worry about price?"

However: Jess Jackson having tons of money doesn't mean he "overpaid" for Rachel. We simply don't know what he paid. The $10 million figure has been tossed around for almost a year now, but it's never been confirmed.
first you tell me i was not recognizing the breeding shed. wrong i made that statement knowing full well these foals would never see the ring. then you say have you ever heard of syndication? yes,  stallions are routinly syndicated this way wuith shares being offered. never heard of a mare syndicate. a partnership i understand . my point is for  a huge amount, jacksons bought a horse and campaingned her to a hoty title. now as a 4 yo she cant beat average mares. i think they made a bad buy. they gutted her last year to acheive thier goal and are left with a shell of what was once the talk of horse racing. they own her, they can do what they want with her. doesnt mean i agree with it or like it very much..
Report to moderator   Logged
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2010, 01:53:01 PM »

a smart horseman told me once, there all worth what you paid for them until they make thier first start. when the gate springs that price goes out the window. they are what they are
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »

thats my point. nobody with the money jackson has likes too look bad. he bought a horse, campaigned her very aggressively and was awarded a hoty. now he has a reigning hoty that cost ten million that cant beat very average mares. who looks bad and who looks good? for me jacksons and assmussen dont look so good now but wiggins looks like a genius.

Jackson came across as a jerk when Costas interviewed him at the Preakness when he said "we breed one super horse to another super horse and get more super horses" in scraggly voice looking disheveled.
OTB

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »

a smart horseman told me once, there all worth what you paid for them until they make thier first start. when the gate springs that price goes out the window. they are what they are

Good point, sort of like Bill Parcells, you are what your record says you are.
Horse Voice

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »

they own her, they can do what they want with her. doesnt mean i agree with it or like it very much..

OK, that's to the point, at least.

So...is it just Jess Jackson and Asmussen whose decisions you don't like?

I mean, I don't remember you coming out here and criticizing Sir John M., Sir Michael T., and Todd Pletcher for wasting all that money on The Green Monkey.
Horse Voice

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »

my point is for  a huge amount, jacksons bought a horse and campaingned her to a hoty title. now as a 4 yo she cant beat average mares. i think they made a bad buy. they gutted her last year to acheive thier goal and are left with a shell of what was once the talk of horse racing.

Again -- a "huge amount"? How much?

What if Jackson only paid $1.5 million? He's already gotten that back, and more. Would that be a "bad buy"?

Your whole "house of cards" here is built upon a number you can't possibly verify.

swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »

OK, that's to the point, at least.

So...is it just Jess Jackson and Asmussen whose decisions you don't like?

I mean, I don't remember you coming out here and criticizing Sir John M., Sir Michael T., and Todd Pletcher for wasting all that money on The Green Monkey.
green monkey was an unraced 2yo in training. not a oaks champion. if they want to spend their money at public auction so be it. when he was purchased i believe he was the only 2yo to work an eighth in 9 seconds. they thought they were making a good business decision. they were wrong and the industry has bee en laughing ever since. nobody like jess jackson like to be laughed at. im not laughing for what he paid for her, i think it was too much. im pissed at him for taking a well prepared, champion filly and ruining her to justify his own ego.
Horse Voice

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »

nobody like jess jackson like to be laughed at. im not laughing for what he paid for her, i think it was too much.

Alright, this is what, the fourth time?

HOW MUCH did Jess Jackson pay for Rachel? And your source for this information, please?

OTHERWISE, can it: if you DON'T KNOW what was paid for Rachel, how can it be "too much"?

im pissed at him for taking a well prepared, champion filly and ruining her to justify his own ego.

SO wrong, I don't know where to begin, so I'll start with the most outrageous part of your statement:

HOW do you know Rachel is "ruined"? And your source for this information, please? Names of vets you've talked to that have examined Rachel and pronounced her "done"?

(You DO have a source, and can verify that Rachel is ruined, right? Because it would be pretty damned irresponsible to say such an outlandish thing without corroboration...right?)
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »

defend them all you want. ive seen her when shes good and ive seen her this year. shes a shell of her former self right now. i think steve said himself that the fire is not there yet. when was the last time a hoty got beat by two different fillies in thier first two starts? shes the first i know of in history. for me shes gutted and will never get back to where she was. its that simple. she raced her heart out for these people.
Horse Voice

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

ive seen her when shes good and ive seen her this year. shes a shell of her former self right now. i think steve said himself that the fire is not there yet.

Statements like this make me think you don't know what you saw. What, you didn't see her running her eyeballs out in her two races this year? Zardana was all jacked up to beat Rachel last month -- but where did she finish last Friday? In back, puking her guts out. Rachel had every right in the world to bounce off of her race against Zardana...and didn't. They went only a hair under 1: 43 -- jeez, how much faster do you want, second off the 7 month layoff?

Rachel was simply out of this world last year, and isn't quite back to that, yet, but "a shell of her former self right now"?? THAT is simply your anti-Asmussen bias talking, and it sounds pretty foolish.

for me shes gutted and will never get back to where she was

I feel that you are surreptitiously rooting for Rachel's failure, to provide you with more rationale for more lashing out at Asmussen. You aren't the least bit objective about this, and you aren't fooling a soul. Give it a rest.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »

Statements like this make me think you don't know what you saw. What, you didn't see her running her eyeballs out in her two races this year? Zardana was all jacked up to beat Rachel last month -- but where did she finish last Friday? In back, puking her guts out. Rachel had every right in the world to bounce off of her race against Zardana...and didn't. They went only a hair under 1: 43 -- jeez, how much faster do you want, second off the 7 month layoff?

Rachel was simply out of this world last year, and isn't quite back to that, yet, but "a shell of her former self right now"?? THAT is simply your anti-Asmussen bias talking, and it sounds pretty foolish.

I feel that you are surreptitiously rooting for Rachel's failure, to provide you with more rationale for more lashing out at Asmussen. You aren't the least bit objective about this, and you aren't fooling a soul. Give it a rest.
ive debated this with you and understand your arguments. my observation is she is not even close to the filly you saw last year. my opinion is she was raced hard and hasnt come back mentally to the point she was last year. whatever they gave for her, price doesnt make theem good, ive read the same reports you have and think she was well sold. it doesnt matter, its just a shame she hasnt come back to her champiuon status. will she? it is my opinion  she wont and ive explained why earlier in this thread. as far as looking foolish let hear from some other posters if look foolish or not. fair enough?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »

(You DO have a source, and can verify that Rachel is ruined, right? Because it would be pretty damned irresponsible to say such an outlandish thing without corroboration...right?)

Horse Voice, what are you the only one allowed to make irresponsible, unsubstantiated, outlandish claims without any corroboration on here?
Horse Voice

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2010, 05:32:37 PM »

Horse Voice, I'm following you!

Do you have anything to add to this thread?

If not, hit the bricks. Stalking is creepy.
Horse Voice

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2010, 05:39:17 PM »

as far as looking foolish let hear from some other posters if look foolish or not. fair enough?

Anyone with input is welcome to chime in.

I don't understand the rush to proclaime her "done" TODAY. Is there a fire somewhere on the forum?

I guess the real question is, if Rachel DOES regain her prior form, will you and all of the other Asmussen haters come out here and post public apologies for once again trying to tear down the guy when he just doesn't deserve it?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »

Do you have anything to add to this thread?

If not, hit the bricks. Stalking is creepy.
HA ha ha, truth hurts ah? No, I think I'll have fun pointing out what a hypocrite you are for a while longer.
Horse Voice

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »

HA ha ha, ho ho ho. Me got dukey! Uh oh.

So, you have nothing intelligent to add.

:::sigh:::

Does mom know that you are using her AOL account again?

:::school night, check...bedtime, soon:::

Would you like a cookie?
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »

So, you have nothing intelligent to add.

:::sigh:::

Does mom know that you are using her AOL account again?

:::school night, check...bedtime, soon:::

Would you like a cookie?
Listen, I understand that it makes you uncomfortable for someone to point out your hypocrisy. I also understand that this forum is your little fantasy world, where every short coming you've had in life can magically disappear.Don't worry little man, I will grow tired of verbally *** slapping you around soon enough.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »

I wish I had millions to buy horses and I give the guy credit for investing in the racing industry. He must have been filled with pride when she won horse of the year. I cannot fault him. However, the pride of breeding and racing a champion has to be incredible.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »

However, the pride of breeding and racing a champion has to be incredible.

We will have to ask Moss what if feels like. thumbs up
SIXRULER

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »

HV, I believe she was sold for 10 million as swoop has stated where have you herd she wasn't.What would you consider proof that that has NEVER been said.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »

HV, I believe she was sold for 10 million as swoop has stated where have you herd she wasn't.What would you consider proof that that has NEVER been said.
Sixruler, for what it's worth there is an April 15th article in bloodhorse that states the purchase price was 10 million.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »

We will have to ask Moss what if feels like. thumbs up

Not sure either of them really know the feeling of achieving that combination.
SIXRULER

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »

I thought I read that in the lawsuit involving Jerry Brown.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »

exactly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: