Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 06:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RACHEL ALEXANDRA,THE 50k CLAIMER  (Read 3024 times)
ZENYATTA

« on: May 02, 2010, 01:43:42 PM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Like I posted on another thread last week RA would be 0-2 on the season this year on this day.

It shows what a gutless HOY she really was,beating up on  the worst crop of 3yos in  recent memory.

She surely is not stepping up and onward to greater things as some say another horse should. laughing guy laughing guy
Report to moderator   Logged
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »

Like I posted on another thread last week RA would be 0-2 on the season this year on this day.

It shows what a gutless HOY she really was,beating up on  the worst crop of 3yos in  recent memory.

She surely is not stepping up and onward to greater things as some say another horse should. laughing guy laughing guy

The HOTY has become the HOLY?   (horse of last year)

The more you bet...the more you win
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »

The HOTY has become the HOLY?   (horse of last year)

Just goes to show you that the voters know what the word "year" means!
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »

Great call!  beer
ZENYATTA

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »

Just goes to show you that the voters know what the word "year" means!

Perhaps it also shows they don;t the difference between a good horse and a great one.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »

Perhaps it also shows they don;t the difference between a good horse and a great one.

It also shows that HOY is generally voted on which horse had the best campaign, not necessarily which one was better. So everyone out there who thinks they may have the best horse in the country will hopefully learn the lesson from 2009: Let the horse show what he/she can do if you want the award....don't make us guess.
Horse Voice

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »

It also shows that HOY is generally voted on which horse had the best campaign, not necessarily which one was better. So everyone out there who thinks they may have the best horse in the country will hopefully learn the lesson from 2009: Let the horse show what he/she can do if you want the award....don't make us guess.

Great call!  beer
ZENYATTA

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »

Not necessarily so.Politics play too much of a role for me to think it is a honest unbiased voting process.
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »

Not necessarily so.Politics play too much of a role for me to think it is a honest unbiased voting process.

That's a fair opinion. What is also a fair opinion is that if she runs one big race at CD on Oaks day, or one Grade I against males before the Classic, and there is NO legit case to be made for Rachel winning the award last year.

A scared campaign cost her the award when it's turning out she was possibly (and quite probably) the best horse in the country. Hopefully owners with top horses will learn that lesson and let their horses prove how great they are rather than asking us to just take their word for it.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:16:23 PM »

There are  instances of Eclipse Awards being awarded which make no sense to the general public.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »

There are  instances of Eclipse Awards being awarded which make no sense to the general public.

You got that right! The world can see it now!  laughing guy
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »

Which is a good thing that the general public doesn't get to make those decisions, because the general public cares about horse racing for something near a grand total of a half-hour every year...so I don't want them making the decisions anyway.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

yep ZENYATTA probaly wins the HOY this year and rightfully deserves it,and may have  only one loss on her resume,,{RACHEL},,,,don,t underestimate RACHEL ALEXANDER,last year was hers and this year it belongs to ZENYATTA...........what a surprize it may be, when and if they meet.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »

yep ZENYATTA probaly wins the HOY this year and rightfully deserves it,and may have  only one loss on her resume,,{RACHEL},,,,don,t underestimate RACHEL ALEXANDER,last year was hers and this year it belongs to ZENYATTA...........what a surprize it may be, when and if they meet.

...its better if you quit overestimating Rachel.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »

heres a story. i think it was 20003 i had a 3yo harness horse named whatanartist. i thought he was as good as any horse i had ever seen. he won the meadowlands pace elims by 8 in a track record 1.49 1. was 3 to 5 in the pace and never picked up the bit again. made 400,000 but it was like pulling teeth to get a real effort from him. it was like he was saying you hurt me once , i wont let that happen again. kinda like the effort rachel put forth in the woodford where she got carved up a half in 45 and change and then put forth a herculean effort to hold on. she got a hiding that day. she wont let that happen again and you know what, i dont blame her.
Horse Voice

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »

These are almost always overstated, though, due to the din of the "losers" complaining about politics, coastal biases, unfair process, etc.

The "winners" don't have much to say -- they won.

It's kind of like the whole "Union vs. Confederates" thing -- they are still steaming in the South over losing the Civil War, while we don't talk about it much up here: we went, kicked ass, and came home. Done.

In summary, the whining of the losers always makes for a lopsided argument, which skews things toward some sort of implied validity, if there is no resistance from the other side.
ZENYATTA

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »

Which is a good thing that the general public doesn't get to make those decisions, because the general public cares about horse racing for something near a grand total of a half-hour every year...so I don't want them making the decisions anyway.

In effect the general public is making those decisions as they hold the positons to vote.We also see how wll they do when making basic race selections.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »

We also see how wll they do when making basic race selections.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Horse Voice

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »

We also see how wll they do when making basic race selections.

Well, LOL -- we already know the public's track record here -- they are WRONG 2/3 of the time!

So from that, we can guess that they would have gotten the HOTY vote wrong, too!
ZENYATTA

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »

These are almost always overstated, though, due to the din of the "losers" complaining about politics, coastal biases, unfair process, etc.

The "winners" don't have much to say -- they won.

It's kind of like the whole "Union vs. Confederates" thing -- they are still steaming in the South over losing the Civil War, while we don't talk about it much up here: we went, kicked ass, and came home. Done.

In summary, the whining of the losers always makes for a lopsided argument, which skews things toward some sort of implied validity, if there is no resistance from the other side.

My arguments is not based on RA winning last year.I disagreed with the vote but can see why the vote went that way.This happens where voting is done where no set priorites are available for the public to see.
Just like some Baseball witers will not vote for anyone on the first ballot.
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »

heres a story. i think it was 20003 i had a 3yo harness horse named whatanartist. i thought he was as good as any horse i had ever seen. he won the meadowlands pace elims by 8 in a track record 1.49 1. was 3 to 5 in the pace and never picked up the bit again. made 400,000 but it was like pulling teeth to get a real effort from him. it was like he was saying you hurt me once , i wont let that happen again. kinda like the effort rachel put forth in the woodford where she got carved up a half in 45 and change and then put forth a herculean effort to hold on. she got a hiding that day. she wont let that happen again and you know what, i dont blame her.
Swoop, you just saida mouthful.  I recall reading Seabiscuit and his jock knew when to give him a few taps of the whip but never was overwhipped.   I'd bet you are right as rain and while you have to love Calvin, he may not understand RA as well as he could.  Or maybe it's what he is being instructed to do (which sounds more likely).

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »

Good observation, and something to consider.
straight shot

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »

Ya after two wins she has it in the bag. HUH?
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »

horse
Im inclined to agree Swoop. I think they went to the bottom of the barrel with that filly last year and what a shame as she certainly showed some raw talent. I dont know if she can or will ever fully recover. I hope so tho.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 04:28:51 AM »

what the public doesnt see is the mental aspect of the game. there are a lot of fast horses and alot of these horses and some   dont try real hard.it doesnt matter how fast the horse is. if the animal doesnt want to win he wont. to get the maximum effort every time takes a very special animal and a trainer who knows what he can and more importantly what he cant do to keep them at thier best. its not easy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: